Niccolo P - the best Bond polo shirts?

Not sure if you guys have tried a very good alternative to Sunspel yet for a Bond polo shirt. I've bought several different colours of their sea island cotton's which hold better than Sunspel after repeat washings. And they are more affordable too.

This post thinks so too...

https://luxurialifestylecaribbean.com/2021/07/14/a-polo-shirt-that-is-more-james-bond-than-sunspel/

Comments

• SnorpleySnorpley Posts: 86MI6 Agent

Hi mate. Haven’t heard of the brand but thanks for sharing. The shirts look great and being from Australia, the ‘free shipping on all orders’(if I’m reading that correctly) speaks to me. Ditto the reference to ‘Australian (yay) mother-of-pearl buttons lol. And whilst I’m always on the lookout for discounts, I really like/respect the ‘never-on-sale’ approach. I hate paying full rate only to miss a discount by days or weeks. It irks.

Cheers brother.

...a brother from Sydney
  • JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent

Maybe it is the difference from £ to $ but it appears that these shirts come out to about $168USD which is more than Sunspel. The Riviera Polo is $135USD but happens to be on sale right now for $94USD. These Niccolò Polos do look nice though.

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
  • forrestalforrestal Posts: 37MI6 Agent

i love the sunspel riviera polo shirt...It is very comfortable and soft...

• Glidrose007Glidrose007 Posts: 70MI6 Agent

You don't compare the price of the polo to the Riviera. You compare it to Sunspel's sea island range. Like for like.

• Glidrose007Glidrose007 Posts: 70MI6 Agent
    edited December 2021

Sunspel's Riviera's are very nice when first bought, but after multiple washes they look worn and knackered...

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent

Not anymore. I’ve not had a problem with colour loss from the ones they are selling now.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • JTBondJTBond Posts: 112MI6 Agent

Do the Rivieras tend to shrink much when washed? I've held out for a while on purchasing one but this sale may push me over the top. I have a 38" chest which always puts me on the cusp of a medium. I can't tell you how many shirts I've purchased over the years that fit good right up until that first wash. Frustrating being a true smedium 😁

edited November 2021

Not if you stick to the washing instructions they suggest. Medium will fit you perfectly.

• JTBondJTBond Posts: 112MI6 Agent

I was actually leaning towards the small because their size chart shows a small fitting 37-38" and the medium fitting 39-40".

I’m a 38 and the small is too small.

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent

I’m a 38 and the S is my size. It depends on how you like the shirts to fit, though I don’t find an S to be all that snug.

Visit my blog, Bond Suits

I own two Riviera Polos in Navy. Both XL. Both are quite large on me now. Looking to sell one. I have found that the sizing between the two are similar. The materials aren’t the same. I mean they are both 100% cotton, but one feels nicer than the other. Neither one are supposed to be the Sea Island cotton version, but the original.

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC

You’re right. My mistake. I guess that is what I get for commenting right after I wake up in the morning. 😀

• AgentCJ19AgentCJ19 Posts: 52MI6 Agent

Also 38 and wear the small, I have one medium and it feels like I'm wearing a tent - even the smalls are quite roomy compared to other brands

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,451MI6 Agent

I'm less taken with the Niccolo P's take on the Riviera than on some of the long sleeve polos. Those look like nice shirts!