Pictures

Seems either I’m being dense or you really can’t remove photos from a draft post?

seriously do I have to get the craptop out just to delete the pics from a post?

'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
www.helpforheroes.org.uk
www.cancerresearchuk.org

Comments

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    edited March 2022

Yeah. It’s a pain in the butt. Same with quotes.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,906MI6 Agent

I don't know what you mean, can you expand?

I paste graphics into a post, sometimes I decide to delete before I submit the post. no problem

Sometimes I even reopen an old post and remove graphics, I just did that the other day for a post I decided had too many pointless graphics. So I can remove pictures either before or after submitting a post.

maybe its a mac vs pc thing? or a computer vs a phone thing?

• minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent

It’s a phone/iPad thing.

I can write a post, but if I add pictures to it by mistake I can’t delete them, and the new AJB site then auto saves the post as a draft, so if I exit out and then come back, the post and pictures is still there.

I feel like Tom Hardy’s Ronnie Kray as he leaves the pub….

www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent

I think it’s an iPad thing. Once you’ve uploaded an image, you can’t get rid of it. Sometimes you can if you post and then go back and edit, but it’s hit and miss.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent

Yeah, I just noticed as well that edits to post need moderating before being published?

I only made a typo thanks to autocorrect.

MG

www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent
    edited March 2022

I've certainly had the problem with not being able to remove a quoted post on the phone before but I don't post many pictures here so I'm not sure about that. I imagine it's all part of the same problem though.

I think you can more easily remove quoted posts and pictures on your PC or laptop though from what I recall. As this has been a mobile friendly site for a year now (since the upgrade) I'd have thought this issue wouldn't occur but I suppose it's only a small thing, frustrating though it is.

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent

I've just discovered a potential way around this problem of not being able to delete quoted posts or pictures on your mobile.

I was able to click on the "My Drafts" section and it brought up a post I'd quoted. It allowed me to click the little cross in the top right hand corner of the box and delete it. Hopefully this might also help other members who face this issue.

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent

Slightly different question: Is there a way to link to pictures rather than uploading them?