I can't change my location

hoppimikehoppimike London, UKPosts: 54MI6 Agent

I actually live in Kent not London but whenever I try changing it in any way... it reports as successful but nothing changes. I can't even make it blank.

Normally I use Brave browser but I tried it in Firefox too as I also have that installed and it still didn't work.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks!

Movies: The Spy Who Loved Me. Actor: Pierce Brosnan. Theme: You Only Live Twice. :D

Comments

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,672MI6 Agent
    edited May 2022

I can't change any of the information on my profile either or add the new forum upgrade feature of favourite James Bond actor. I don't particularly mind though as it's just a small thing. In my case it seems to be because my username is in two parts with a space between each word and the new forum software doesn't seem to like that as it doesn't hyperlink as well as one word or even joined up or underscore usernames do. That's just my take on it though I'm not sure why you can't change your location. Just to illustrate here's a screenshot of what the software brings up when I try to add a favourite Bond actor to my existing profile:

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,220Chief of Staff

hoppimike, I just tried and it won't let me do it either. This sounds like a job for our honoured founder SiCo. I'll ask him to have a look.

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,129MI6 Agent

Yes, just for reference, I tried to add Favourite Bond Actor recently too and it wouldn't let me. Didn't bother to mention as just a minor thing, but since others have experienced the same..😊

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • hoppimikehoppimike London, UKPosts: 54MI6 Agent

Thanks!

And yeah I know it's not really a big deal but I just thought I'd mention.

Movies: The Spy Who Loved Me. Actor: Pierce Brosnan. Theme: You Only Live Twice. :D

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent

You can check-out from London any time you like...but you can never leave! 😁