Spoiler- Is it time to drop Spoiler tags for this film?

BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

Following some comments, I'd like to ask opinions on the subject of spoiler warnings for the most important plot event of NTTD.

It took some members a few months to catch the film, but I think it's safe to assume that everyone has by now. If not, please speak up.

There has to come a time when everyone knows, for example, the ending of "The Sixth Sense" or "Fight Club". An older example- "Psycho".

Please discuss.

Comments

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent

I think it's time to drop the spoiler tag. With the film having been and gone form the cinema for some considerable time, and available on DVD and streaming for months.

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent

Yes - this movie is commercially available since over 6 months. Anybody who hasn’t seen it by now is at own fault.

The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,965MI6 Agent

Let its (the spoiler alert's) death be a particularly decisive and immediate one.

Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 53 years.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

I'm hoping to get a few more opinions in this thread.

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,701MI6 Agent

I'm unsure. I tend to favour dropping the spoiler tags, at least in the NTTD sub-forum. I see no reason why members who for some reason haven't seen NTTD would expect to visit there without reading any spoilers. Other parts of the forum is more difficult. Maybe AJB should keep the spoiler tags in other sub-forums, and in that way making sure members who don't want to know the ending don't stumble into it in random threads.

• AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent

NTTD in general should not receive spoiler tags anymore…it‘s been out there long enough.

If we continue with that we might aswell use the spoiler tag for „Tomorrow Never Dies“…just in case some folks haven’t seen it yet

The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • SpectreOfDefeatSpectreOfDefeat Posts: 404MI6 Agent

I favour the dropping spoiler tags side of the aisle. I think the ending of NTTD is well known enough now.

"The spectre of defeat..."

• chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,177MI6 Agent

Drop it

Well, I've made an announcement in https://www.ajb007.co.uk/discussion/54229/please-be-careful-when-starting-new-threads-to-include-spoiler-if-necessary that we're dropping the need for a spoiler tag, closed that thread, and suggested that any further discussion be carried out here.

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent

Thanks @Barbel 👍️

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

What happened in Psycho?

What did I miss?

My goodness, you avoid the cinema for 50 years or so and look what happens.

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

What?

Even "Citizen Kane"? Has the world gone mad!

• RevelatorRevelator Posts: 556MI6 Agent

The butler did it!

What? Surely you can't be serious.

👍

• misssteelemisssteele Posts: 18MI6 Agent

Sorry but, even my kids who have not seen this film know the ending. Let it go