What would be a better title for Quantum of Solace?

Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,699MI6 Agent
edited June 2022 in The James Bond Films

Despite being from Fleming many aren't keen on the title Quantum of Solace? What do you think would be the right title?

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,699MI6 Agent

I think "Death leaves an echo" would suit QoS even beter than LTK. The death of Vesper in CR very much leaves and echo in this movie.

"Blood from a stone" would also work well. It sounds cool (always important!) and getting peace from revenge is pretty much unobtainable just like getting blood from a stone.

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

Because it's Fleming it gets a free pass from me. I'd been familiar with the story for a very long time and hence obviously the title.

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent

Bourne of Solace

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

Quantity of Sausages ....... Homer would've loved that movie. 😁

• MI6_HeadquartersMI6_Headquarters Posts: 168MI6 Agent

I have no problem with the title of this, it's Bond finding some solace after Vesper's death, it made sense.

It came from Fleming so I have no problem regarding this one.

The only Fleming title that I would not liked to see is '007 in New York', but aside from that, as long as it came from Fleming, I have no problem.

It's a title of a short story, glad that it's been used compared to the other great titles that's still waiting inside the shelf (The Hildebrand Rarity, Risico, Property Of A Lady, etc.)

• chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,172MI6 Agent

I agree @MI6_Headquarters I know this is a fun thread [I think it is a fun thread] but the title is one I wouldn't change. It's a great pity the producers chivvied in obvioys references to Risico, The Hildebrand Rarity and The Property of a Lady over various movies as they've now almost excluded them from use. On a lighter note, how about Another Way to Die. At least it would ensure the theme song made sense.

edited June 2022

I was so young and naive when I started this thread, beliveing most people would post serious suggestions.

• ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 593MI6 Agent

I’d leave it as is. No Time to Die on the other hand πŸ™„

Yes. Considerably!
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent

I liked this title since it was announced. Very Bond-ish and very 2008-ish (the latter means modern but not futuristic)…

The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,238MI6 Agent

A Quantum of Solace

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent

I think "Death leaves an echo" would suit QoS even beter than LTK. The death of Vesper in CR very much leaves and echo in this movie.

Excellent idea :)

• superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,651MI6 Agent

A Degree of Consolation

A Measure of Comfort

"...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....

These titles are more easily understandable than QoS, but are they really any better as action movie titles?

• superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,651MI6 Agent

I was being facetious. A Fleming original is hard to beat and the title suits Bond and Camille’s state of mind in how their respective stories wrap up.

"...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

I too like QoS. I think it's an interesting and thought-provoking (ie head-scratching) title, which is good, plus it's an original Fleming title. I still hold hope that we will see Risico used one day. I think all future Bond movies should be banned from using the words "live", "die", "licence", and "kill" or versions thereof (even though there has only been one film with "licence" in its title).

That said, Quantity of Sausages dies have a great ring to it.

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 814MI6 Agent

Has Sir Ever Considered A Shawl Cardigan?

QoS is one of the better titles and wraps perfectly into the final scenes.

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

Upon reflecting on my earlier reply, I realise it was terribly rude of me not to offer N24 an alternate title or two, as he so wished. Therefore, I propose:

The Mathis Disposal

Strawberry Fields Are Not Forever

Elvis Has Left the Building

edited July 2022

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I think all three are the best suggestions of its type!