Sudden Moments of Clarity

2»

Comments

• AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    Super, I believe heat from the proximity of the laser beam formed a protective barrier around the genitials which no rug beater can possibly infringe upon ;)
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    darenhat wrote:
    In GoldenEye, I'm assuming that each GoldenEye weapon can be fired only once, hence the constant concern that there was a 'second' one. But to this day, I hear nothing in the film that explains this to be the case.
    They do explain how the GoldenEye works though - while in orbit it detonates in a nuclear burst, directing an electromagnetic pulse over a target area on earth. You're right in that they don't point out that it can be used only once, but maybe they thought it was obvious the satellite wouldn't survive an atomic explosion ;% {:)

Right enough, it proves Zorin's EMP-impervious microchips were bloody useless! :D

On reviewing GE, the weapon emits a bright 'beam' and then the whole screen coalesces into a white flash. Destruction of the weapon? dunno!
  • The CatThe Cat Where Blofeld is!Posts: 711MI6 Agent
    Speaking of strange repeated sound effects - can anyone tell me why this TWINE effect sounds so familiar? It can be heard when Bond stabs his knife into the protection sphere after the parahawk attack and it sounds like a decompression chamber. I'm sure I heard it in oher Bond movies, just don't know where.
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    A post in another thread regarding Domino and Fiona suddenly reminded me ....

I've only ever read one critic comment on this, but as I child I found these characters terribly confusing. Since for much of the story they both often have their hair either wet or covered and are otherwise somewhat physically alike, I didn't realize for a good portion of the film that they were two different people! Hey, I was maybe ten ...
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    Hey, I'm the one who thought that Mr. Howe in AVTAK was George Costanza when I saw AVTAK at Age 8.
  • A7ceA7ce Birmingham, EnglandPosts: 655MI6 Agent
    From the last 20 posts or so regarding sound effects, how they have been the same for planes, shrieks and metal sounds for several films; have these now been 'rectified' on the new release and sound upgrades DVD's?