What song are you listening to?

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,416Chief of Staff
    Lets Make Love And Watch Death From Above by Cansai De Ser Sexy - an absolute cracking tune, good to see it getting some airplay after all this time :D
    YNWA 97
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    Tori Amos covering Neil Young's 'Philadelphia.'
  • jetsetwillyjetsetwilly Liverpool, UKPosts: 1,048MI6 Agent
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Now now, jetset. Someone has to like it !! I bet you've also been listening to Bryan Adams' 'Anything I Do ' :p

There was no need to be offensive :))
    Founder of the Wint & Kidd Appreciation Society.

@merseytart
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    Wheel of Fortune - Pirates Two

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    Last three songs playing randomly on my iTunes:

"Bitch" by the Stones
    "That's How Strong My Love Is" by Otis Redding
    "Plush" by Stone Temple Pilots
    Hilly...you old devil!
  • Lazenby880Lazenby880 LondonPosts: 525MI6 Agent
    The Bees: Octopus

Superduper stuff.

See some of their videos here: http://www.thebees.info/index.php?cat=4
  • TOOTSTOOTS Posts: 114MI6 Agent
    Lazenby880 wrote:
    The Bees: Octopus

Superduper stuff.

See some of their videos here: http://www.thebees.info/index.php?cat=4

Thanks for the link, Lazenby880.
    Nice to hear what the kids are listening to at the moment. Quite a nice catchy beat.
    edited June 2007
    TOOTS wrote:
    Thanks for the link, Lazenby880.
    Nice to hear what the kids are listening to at the moment. Quite a nice catchy beat.
    Well, I am rather street. :(|)

Also listening to Mumm-ra, a brilliant band with the added quality of being named after a character in the best kids' programme ever.
    edited June 2007
    Lazenby880 wrote:
    Also listening to Mumm-ra, a brilliant band with the added quality of being named after a character in the best kids' programme ever.

Cor, another good song. Really enjoyed that. Had me bopping away. She really has got me high. I love it when bands sing their reccuds in their native accents.

Ah, yes, Mumm-ra, the villain from Thundercats.
    And my favourite show was The Wombles. They even had a band named after that show too!

I'm digging these beats you're laying down, Lazenby880.

Poptastic!
    TOOTS wrote:
    Which children's TV character and show? I'm sorry, but Bill and Ben, The Flowerpot Men were my era.
    thundercats.jpg
    edited June 2007
    Thank you Lazenby880. From your reverence for this show, I am deducing you must be in your mid-teens.
    What other cool beats are breaking in the playground? What hep to the beat, Daddy-O?
    edited June 2007
    TOOTS wrote:
    Thank you Lazenby880. From your reverence for this show, I am deducing you must be 13-16 years old.
    I think it stopped showing at some point in the mid to late 80s. For a thirteen to sixteen year old to have watched it would be rather impressive. ;)
    TOOTS wrote:
    What other cool beats are breaking in the playground? What hep to the beat, Daddy-O?
    Now listening to Thirteen Senses. Not sure if they are cool, but I like them.
    edited June 2007
    Well, looking at your erudite and knowledgeable posts throughout this site, Lazenby880, "impressive" is exactly the word I would use.

13 Senses - ok, I'm writing this down.

What else could someone who is still hip to be square enough to visit the discotheque on occasion listen to?
  • scaramanga1scaramanga1 The English RivieraPosts: 845Chief of Staff
    I'm listening to a guy called Pete who's got a band called The Star 69 -his album is called This is Modern Soul -if you like Oasis, Paul Weller and Ocean Colour Scene you will like him. He hails from Scotland but lives in LA now -and apparently Modern Soul is getting some airplay stateside. got chatting to him via myspace -he's a cool guy.
    Blur: There's No Other Way.

So much better than Oasis. . . :v
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    Strutter by KISS

Strutter!
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    edited June 2007
    Alex wrote:
    Strutter by KISS

Strutter!

Yeah baby! B-)

"I know a thing or two about her..." :v
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    Alex wrote:
    Strutter by KISS

Strutter!

Yeah baby! B-)

"I know a thing or two about her..." :v
    Early KISS rocks {[]
    Lazenby880 wrote:
    Blur: There's No Other Way.

So much better than Oasis. . . :v

Couldn't agree with you more :D

Getting Better by Kaiser Chiefs.

A great Beatles track (but then, are there any that are not?), oft overlooked on the fabulous Sgt. Pepper... album.
    YNWA 97
    edited June 2007
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Someone else! :D I actually cannot stand Oasis. Blur were (are) one of the best British bands ever; inventive and fresh and evolving. Oasis's music and attitude I find boring; Roll With It sounds like a Status Quo cover to me.

I just finished listening to the Bees again (watch the video for Listening Man here; it really is worth it) and am now listening to Electronic's Get The Message. Good early 90s stuff.
    Couldn't agree more with Getting Better, terrific track. Don't really think it needs to be covered, but it's all good. :)

Right now I've got Dick Dale and the Del-Tones on.
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    JE SUIS UN ROCKSTAR by Bill Wyman

A forgotten classic that I recently rediscovered.
    Think I'll chew minty bubble gum and read Richie Rich comics while I'm at it.

I blame Lady Rose :D
  • Steve Rush DI5 AgentSteve Rush DI5 Agent Oxfordshire, Great BritainPosts: 59MI6 Agent
    Snakes and Arrows - the new album by Rush. It has been ever present on my car CD player for the past four weeks. It's a cracker!
    Lazenby880 wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Someone else! :D I actually cannot stand Oasis. Blur were (are) one of the best British bands ever; inventive and fresh and evolving. Oasis's music and attitude I find boring; Roll With It sounds like a Status Quo cover to me.

I don't mind Oasis, they have some good tracks but are mostly bland. Blur are far more inventive and more willing to push their music in different directions - Albarn has written some really good pop tunes so far and, what some consider to be, proper music.

I don't mind The Bees either, and Electronic were great in their time too.

Lovely Rita by Travis - not a great of Travis but they do a decent cover of this.
    YNWA 97
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited June 2007
    Lately I've been listening to "Everybody Hurts" by R.E.M. on Youtube. I think it's a really good song. :D
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • ZachZach Posts: 51MI6 Agent
    Ghost Mice - Alas Babylon

One of my favorite bands. :)
  • jetsetwillyjetsetwilly Liverpool, UKPosts: 1,048MI6 Agent
    Dan Same wrote:
    Lately I've been listening to "Everybody Hurts" by R.E.M. on Youtube. I think it's a really good song. :D

Greatest song ever written. Full stop.
    Founder of the Wint & Kidd Appreciation Society.

@merseytart
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    Dan Same wrote:

Greatest song ever written. Full stop.

It's been said that the test of a good song is that it will survive re-interpretation, re-arrangement, etc, and still impress (to pick one example from many, Joe Cocker's "With A Little Help From My Friends" compared to the Beatles version).

With that in mind, what did you think of Paul Anka's take on "Everybody Hurts" on his "Rock Swings" album?

(PS I'd like to add that IMHO the true test of a good song is whether it can survive without either elaborate orchestration or electronic embellishment and still sound good on one or two instruments.)
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    Every Little Thing She Does is Magic - Sting and the Police

:D

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com