Phuyuck

texas007texas007 Houston, Texas 77041Posts: 2,346MI6 Agent
Thank you ICS for this magnificent prop replica - the Phuyuck!
DSC_0403.JPG
DSC_0406.JPG
-{

Comments

• Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    Very nice!

DG
    So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Very nice Kan -{

Mine is being chilled :))
  • toutbruntoutbrun Washington, USAPosts: 1,501MI6 Agent
    Just to be sure, it never really existed, right?
    If you can't trust a Swiss banker, what's the world come to?
  • texas007texas007 Houston, Texas 77041Posts: 2,346MI6 Agent
    really exist on screen only ..... until now of course :))
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    there was a version sold in cinemas in the Uk, for minors only (under 12s...)

Phuyuck - U
  • MANDY1MANDY1 TISPosts: 2,608MI6 Agent
    Very Nice, Kan -{ Thanks for sharing :007)
    Knowing who to trust is Everything in this business.

TIS - "The moment you think you got it figured - you're wrong"

Formerly known as Teppo
  • icsics Posts: 1,413MI6 Agent
    Well Kan – nice elephants.. -{

Perhaps you could tell the story about the name Phuyuck as it actually is interesting, and I know that this wine is like a “baby” for you -{
    Well, since you asked Ian .... Phuyuck is really an in-joke by the production team.
    They wanted to have this joke about a local wine or sparkling wine (technically not a champaign) in this case.
    So, to come up with a name they combine "Phu" - from the most famous name in Thai known to the production team since they were staying in Phuket, Thailand - with the English word "Yuck" which really convey the message - so there you have it "Phuyuck" - a really bad sounding name for a Thai wine to foreigners. Mean nothing in Thai of course.
    ics wrote:
    Well Kan – nice elephants.. -{

Perhaps you could tell the story about the name Phuyuck as it actually is interesting, and I know that this wine is like a “baby” for you -{
    Nice information :)) -{

Formerly known as Teppo
  • CJ007GoldeneyeCJ007Goldeneye LondonPosts: 587MI6 Agent
    Always thought it was a jokish way of saying poo-yuck without it actually being written. (does sound a bit like that when roger is saying it on screen) Well thats what my dad always calls it anyway!
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    I stand by my earlier interpretation... :)

This was the version of the phrase which would get past the film sensors...

Phuyuck - U

anyone recall Captain pugwash, the kids cartoon on BBC?

The guys that wrote it had a lot of fun with the old duffers at the BEEB before they figured out what pugwash's crewmen - master bates and seaman stains- truely referred to... :)

This kind of public school humour was very common at the time of "wodger"... In fact I bet he was in on it - need to look it up in his book :007)
  • megamicrofishmegamicrofish Spectre lair EssexPosts: 65MI6 Agent
    ke02eww wrote:

anyone recall Captain pugwash, the kids cartoon on BBC?

The guys that wrote it had a lot of fun with the old duffers at the BEEB before they figured out what pugwash's crewmen - master bates and seaman stains- truely referred to... :)

This kind of public school humour was very common at the time of "wodger"... In fact I bet he was in on it - need to look it up in his book :007)

It's an urban myth, no characters with those names were ever in Captain Pugwash :))
  • davidrwootendavidrwooten CHARLESTON, SC, USAPosts: 1MI6 Agent
    I'm coming into this discussion late, but would welcome any and all help on my quest - I am trying to recreate, exactly, the label on the Phuyuck bottle. While the high-res image of the reproduction bottle posted here is a big help, the Thai characters are not especially clear. Also, the graphics at the corners of the label are not clear.

Does anyone have any other shots - not just screencaps, which are even worse - that would show more detail?

Thanks!
    David Robert Wooten
    Charleston, SC USA
    http://www.peridotpangolin.com
    edited August 2011
    I'm coming into this discussion late, but would welcome any and all help on my quest - I am trying to recreate, exactly, the label on the Phuyuck bottle. While the high-res image of the reproduction bottle posted here is a big help, the Thai characters are not especially clear. Also, the graphics at the corners of the label are not clear.

Does anyone have any other shots - not just screencaps, which are even worse - that would show more detail?

Thanks!

Phuyuck bottle and label itself was created by talented group of Bond prop fans. I suggest you contact AJB member ICS.

Mail them and get one via their website :007)

oh and welcome to the AJB, hope you enjoy your stay -{

Formerly known as Teppo
  • thespyboys11thespyboys11 Lindenwold,NJPosts: 1,844MI6 Agent
    Welcome!!!
    Yes, absolutly contact Ian (ICS)
    No use trying to create something yourself that was done to perfection.
    Ed
    TheSpyBoys.com
    Thanks for the kind words Teppo and Ed….

I know that Henrik did a awful lot of work on this one… and Kan without you help no correct bottle ;)
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,114MI6 Agent
    A thread resurrection - in honour of Sir Christopher Lee.

I understand that the Phuyuck label for the original film was stuck to a bottle of Moët.
    Now, I can find a bottle of Moët but... Is anybody still able to supply these Phuyuck labels?
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    Henrik (Abel) did this one great…But Kan you did a lot of typo corrections… so I think overall it was a AJB effort… -{
  • AbelAbel DenmarkPosts: 352MI6 Agent
    edited June 2015
    I may have one or two in my wine cellar

image.jpg

Thanks Kan for your help
    You left this with Ferrara, I believe
    thank you guys -{
    edited July 2015
    I am a VERY happy UNCLE today'

Tak Abel!

image.jpg

But... Don't know why my picture is on it's side!
    Or how to correct it.
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    Yep, Henrik's gifts tend to do that {[]
  • AbelAbel DenmarkPosts: 352MI6 Agent
    edited July 2015
    image.jpg

It's good to have a happy uncle!
    You left this with Ferrara, I believe
    Henrik's surprise gift has given me another idea... :)
    image.jpg
    Prop complete :D

image.jpg

image.jpg
  • sinclearsinclear Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Hello Bond-experts!

I am so thrilled to find this thread! I am doing a Bond-themed champagne tasting with some friends this thursday, before the premiere of the new movie, and it would be so much fun to have a bottle of "Phuyuck". Does any one of you still have the printing files left for the labels? I would be so grateful to get a copy of these if possible =) -{

Best regards / Robin
  • fromtailorswithlovefromtailorswithlove Posts: 9MI6 Agent

Hello, I'm hosting a Bond BBQ next Sat and am looking to get these labels printed to stick over some bottles of Blue Nun, does anyone have a downloadable JPG of this for sale? Many thanks

• Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,882MI6 Agent

Phuyuck?!

It is, of course, a real vintage, as featured in the recent TV series "Drops of God": https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15282746.

The tasting notes from the Leger Guide plainly state:

"Phuyuck Vineyards. Le Grand Cru. 1974. A saucy little sparkling wine, with a strong first nose of Hai Fat and a mouthfeel of Low Fat. Heavy stone fruit and jasmine rice are followed by a mineral finish and the kidnapping to the troposphere of allied MI6 agents. Darling, you'll find this vintage tempting but not for killing time as a passing fancy, however, you surely must make note of it for your cellars, as it is highly reminiscent of a Mouton Rothschild '34. Meant to accompany venison, Shandy cocktails, Tabasco and any salads prepared by diminutive Cordon Bleu chefs trying to kill you for your island lair. Upon completion, don't waste the dregs, but throw the bottle with its remnants at Nick Nack, aboard your stolen Junk."

Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!