Duralex Picardie glass

Hi guys,
this week I've acquired a realy cheap Skyfall prop. The glass at the scorpion bar, from which Bond has taken his drink with the scorpion on his hand is a Picardie (22 cl or 25 cl) from the french manufacturer Duralex.

http://www.duralex.com/index.php?q=produits&fam=5&cat=1&mod=63

On the following screenshot (from "shadow of reflection“) you can only guess that it is a Duralex glass, but you can see and read the brand very good on the Skyfall blu-ray.

duralex01j4kytmn9v1.jpg
duralex02wbz47852yu.jpg
duralex03rwgxzkey2b.jpg
duralex047wvg3b86ik.jpg
duralex05jh8sf5yi61.jpg

You can find this glass in some well-graded hardware stores or in liquor stores near you and of course at amazon or ebay for approx. § 20 for a set of six.

Comments

• The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    excellent find!!!!
    which size do you think it is...or can you just post the amazon link?
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 745MI6 Agent
    I'll be damned.... same company that made the whiskey glass Indiana Jones drinks from at the Cairo bar in Raiders of the Lost Ark... kind of a cool connection..
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    Ordered half a dozen of each for £18/$27 total, before it becomes Q mugs all over again. {[]
  • TintinTintin Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    I think the 25 cl (8 3/4 oz) is the right size and shown on my photos.
    But the difference in the height are only 6 mm (0,24") between the 25 cl and the 22 cl glass. Therefore it is difficult to say without knowing how big Daniel Craig's hands are. :))

Here is an exemplary link to one offer at amazon.com:
    http://www.amazon.com/Duralex-Picardie-oz-Clear-Tumbler/dp/B00186098I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365888222&sr=8-1&keywords=duralex+picardie
  • cyclones122cyclones122 Posts: 192MI6 Agent
    Tintin wrote:
    I think the 25 cl (8 3/4 oz) is the right size and shown on my photos.
    But the difference in the height are only 6 mm (0,24") between the 25 cl and the 22 cl glass. Therefore it is difficult to say without knowing how big Daniel Craig's hands are. :))

Here is an exemplary link to one offer at amazon.com:
    http://www.amazon.com/Duralex-Picardie-oz-Clear-Tumbler/dp/B00186098I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365888222&sr=8-1&keywords=duralex+picardie

Wow, great find!!! I picked up a set of 6 from the Amazon link. {[]
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Cool find and you can get them in the UK for £11 inc postage cheap prop if ever there was on

Great find I gotta get myself a blue ray player!

Cheers B-)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • Bond-on-a-BudgetBond-on-a-Budget ChicagoPosts: 101MI6 Agent
    You need one of these babies to go with the glasses seems the right size too. I'm getting one right now!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Real-Scorpion-Specimen-in-Lucite-Glass-Block-Paperweight-Desk-Decor-/251258904926?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a8032a15e
    James Bond: I tend to notice little things like that - whether a girl is a blonde or a brunette...
    Tiffany Case: And which do you prefer?
    James Bond: Well, as long as the collars and cuffs match...
  • Bond-on-a-BudgetBond-on-a-Budget ChicagoPosts: 101MI6 Agent
    MFisher wrote:
    I'll be damned.... same company that made the whiskey glass Indiana Jones drinks from at the Cairo bar in Raiders of the Lost Ark... kind of a cool connection..

good catch!
    James Bond: I tend to notice little things like that - whether a girl is a blonde or a brunette...
    Tiffany Case: And which do you prefer?
    James Bond: Well, as long as the collars and cuffs match...
  • Le SamouraiLe Samourai Honolulu, HIPosts: 573MI6 Agent
    Duralex has a long cinematic history. Here's a clip from the classic 1935 film 'Bride of Frankenstein':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6HCME4Q1zU
    —Le Samourai

A Gent in Training.... A blog about my continuing efforts to be improve myself, be a better person, and lead a good life. It incorporates such far flung topics as fitness, self defense, music, style, food and drink, and personal philosophy.
    Agent In Training
  • jon couragejon courage Posts: 129MI6 Agent
    Fun. I ordered a set of the 7 3/4 ounce from Amazon for $14

Great find, thanks.
  • don pdon p Posts: 589MI6 Agent
    seen them on ebay uk. 6 for a tenner.
    Ordered and thanks for the find again...great contribution. -{
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    {[]
    The Mantis wrote:

Wot e said... -{
  • thelordflasheartthelordflasheart Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:

Interestingly, these were the glasses that my family had when I was a little kid! Both the style used in SF, and the taller version as well.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    With regards to agent TINTINS thread on the glass, well ive done some digging
    and they sell realistic yellow rubber scorpions in Hamleys ?
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:

Interestingly, these were the glasses that my family had when I was a little kid! Both the style used in SF, and the taller version as well.

My Nan had a set when I was a kid :)) I will have to see if my Mum still has them.
  • icsics Posts: 1,413MI6 Agent
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Must have put me tooth brush in loads of these in hotels over the years.
  • cyclones122cyclones122 Posts: 192MI6 Agent
    Just got my set of glasses. Have to love free 2 day shipping with Amazon Prime. They are really nice, can't wait to use them! -{
    Apparentley the sell these in John Lewis £10-00 for a box of 6
    so shouldnt be to hard to get hold of for once
  • MadonMrBondMadonMrBond Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    100% correct
    even written about in the official Duralex brochure

http://www.duralex.com/index.php?q=produits&fam=5&cat=1&mod=63

then click on download the brochure

PICARDIE, THE TIMELESS STAR !
    Its unique shape, sensual curves that fit perfectly in the hand, its facets that ideally catch the light, its hemmed lips that blossom out: here is Picardie... There is little left to say about this timeless star, which has nevertheless remained so simple. Its incredible success from the day of its launch in 1954 immediately gave it an iconic status.
    It has starred in countless films, from post-war classics to the New Wave and not forgetting major Hollywood blockbusters. Even Daniel Craig in Skyfall, the latest James Bond movie, gives in to its French charm. For Americans, it has simply become, “The Original French Tumbler”.
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    My set arrived today so if nothing else we now have a set of 6 matching glasses in the house for a change (the life expectancy of any set always reduces when my rug rats get ahold of them and start bouncing them around the work tops or floors - dishwasher seems to like crunching them as well).

Liked them so much and they looked robust i just ordered the largest size as well.

Funny thing is now I have them I realised I have seen them everywhere in the UK and abroad - memo to self must pick up some spares next time I see them out and about B-)

Cheers!
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    Great find - only about £8 on Amazon UK. Thanks
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,882MI6 Agent
    My family loves the tall Picardies we use daily as drinking glasses. I thought that's what it was when I saw the film and now it's confirmed, thanks.

By the way, I've narrowed the scorpion down to a few species:

*Nymphalis polychloros
    *Carcharodon carcharias
    *Pterois volitans
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
    My family loves the tall Picardies we use daily as drinking glasses. I thought that's what it was when I saw the film and now it's confirmed, thanks.

By the way, I've narrowed the scorpion down to a few species:

*Nymphalis polychloros
    *Carcharodon carcharias
    *Pterois volitans

Please excuse me if my latin is not up to speed
    but isnt cacharodon carcharias a great white shark old man ?
    Me again agent Bond collectors weekend,
    but ive taken the liberty to look up the other 2 mentioned species
    1 is a butterfly and 3 is the famous lion fish aka scorpion fish
    was your Ato Z of animals written by pan troglodytes ?
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    whats the exact kind of duralex to get?
    HI me again ,
    sorry to go on but ive got the bug now pardon the pun
    but the scorpion in the bar scene looks to be a death stalker/palestine scorpion
    yes its poisonous but i doubt it would kill Bond, me a 50 year old kebab chompin cigar puffin
    brandy swillin fatty more than likely and yes the do live in Turkey,
    yours in freindship a ex breeder of serrasalmus nattereri
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    Before anyone else jumps on Matt's back, and always shaken you should know this anyway

*Nymphalis polychloros OHMSS
    *Carcharodon carcharias LTK
    *Pterois volitans TSWLM

I believe the term is irony, or is that what I need to get the missus performing tonight :D