Bond's watch in SPECTRE

Comments

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:
    The use of the AT was very last minute, and resulted in no official tie in or advertising even though it was the more prominent watch.

Yeah, and I remember a certain fanboy being all over it and could not wait to get one.
    After that he could not sell it fast enough :)) :)) :))

I am not surprised that you repeated that error with the Exp 39 mm. Your reasons for getting it and why it's such a great watch (in your opinion) have been quite similar :v

Guess that your brain is not able to keep things for more than 10 seconds :)) :)) :))

That wasn't me you idiot. Seems you're the one with the goldfish memory. StoopidBrainlessOaf!!

I bought one just this week :))
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    "Were you expecting a laser watch? We don't really go in for that anymore" Well, we do now!

http://youtu.be/EbQ2JvRxNq0
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    If Dalton had that he wouldn't of had to burst the one in
    TLD, by hand. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    As far as I'm aware from my better half's contacts she still has in the upper echelons of Omega, the AT was never supposed to be the watch worn in the film and the go ahead for marketing, tie ins and promo's was just on the PO. Although they used a titanium one in the film at the request of the production company as it was lighter, but never available in this configuration for sale to the public. The use of the AT was very last minute, and resulted in no official tie in or advertising even though it was the more prominent watch.
    how come it was last minute?
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    The use of the AT was very last minute, and resulted in no official tie in or advertising even though it was the more prominent watch.

Yeah, and I remember a certain fanboy being all over it and could not wait to get one.
    After that he could not sell it fast enough :)) :)) :))

I am not surprised that you repeated that error with the Exp 39 mm. Your reasons for getting it and why it's such a great watch (in your opinion) have been quite similar :v

Guess that your brain is not able to keep things for more than 10 seconds :)) :)) :))
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • AngusrRossAngusrRoss ScotlandPosts: 121MI6 Agent
    Whatever watch Bond ends up wearing it might be nice to see him wear it on a NATO strap with some of the more casual outfits, Omega released a line of NATO straps (ludicrously expensive ones at that) just this year so wouldn't be a stretch to imagine it happening either.
  • Sriram858Sriram858 Posts: 182MI6 Agent
    I can see them bringing the AT back due to the fact that the sales for that watch were so high post Skyfall (I purchased one a few months after the movie). I like the Idea of them featuring a Diver as well (PO or the new Seamaster 300). From the looks of the recent photos of DC at the Atlas Mtn's- he was wearing the Black Seamaster 300 on Strap. It will be interesting to see what route they go. Personally I feel Omega messed up on the PO 8500 (Too Big & Clunky).

I own the PO 2500 on Bracelet and it is a very classy sporty piece. I hope they go with a PO & AT or Seamaster 300 & AT.
    welshboy78 wrote:

Despite it not being the skyfall watch to start with. Given the success of the AT, sales through the film and it actually looking good in the film. Do you think this opens the door for omega to push the AT as the bond 24 watch?

It seems DC or EON have a lot of power also (There was rumours that DC chose the AT at the time). Prob why there are two watches in the movie. Im sure we will know soon enough, if I was you I would hold off on any purchase for a few months if your still after a Bond Omega. Im sure we will see on set pics of his wrist soon :D

This did cross my mind lol. However i do want the AT so I'm going to have to see what bond produces and find the money for that one lol
  • Awilliams007Awilliams007 Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Well that makes perfect sense as indeed all the promo material was indeed for the PO

Despite it not being the skyfall watch to start with. Given the success of the AT, sales through the film and it actually looking good in the film. Do you think this opens the door for omega to push the AT as the bond 24 watch?

It seems DC or EON have a lot of power also (There was rumours that DC chose the AT at the time). Prob why there are two watches in the movie. Im sure we will know soon enough, if I was you I would hold off on any purchase for a few months if your still after a Bond Omega. Im sure we will see on set pics of his wrist soon :D

This did cross my mind lol. However i do want the AT so I'm going to have to see what bond produces and find the money for that one lol
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    As we all know, Bond sells -{
  • Alec 006Alec 006 Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    bremont_martin_baker_mb_1_watch_tests_video_is_l.jpg

Just going to throw this beautiful "spanner" into the works, as per my post from back in February 2014.

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/43398/bonds-watch-in-bond-24/
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde
    edited November 2014
    There is a very good information re. Bremont here:

http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/introducing-the-bremont-wright-flyer
    (make sure that you are reading the comments*)

To me, it's a bunch of Marketing people, who have invested in a name and a marketing budget with a lot of promises which they can't keep at all and when being caught: "oops, we did not know- we have been naive and proud - this is all a misunderstanding".

http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/video-bremont-co-founder-nick-english-responds-to-questions-about-new-movement
    (read also the comments)

Their nastiest move was to put a mini-mini-piece of cloth (supposedly from the Wright plane - wouldn't suprise me if it was a random underwear fabric) in the rotor and selling it for silly prices as a limited aviation-themed Edition.

There is no comparison with Aston Martin and such brands.

* "These Bremont posts are unreal. What a completely worthless brand. A bunch of fakes cashing in on the current watch crazy by producing "limited" pieces with conjured story lines and absolutely no provenance.

"Hey, look at me guys! I own a 1mm x 2mm piece of the original Wright Flyer! And I only paid £19,000 for it!"

If you ask me it's a spit in the face of the Wright brothers'. These were men who were true innovators. Real men who worked for a living and would punch whatever sucker would pay that much for such a low caste watch.

The in-house movement swindle had me rolling on the floor. Not surprised from some quasi-brand trying to make a quick buck. Hodinkee, please spare us. I'd rather buy 1,900 Timex watches. Whoever buys one of these is the definition of a bourgeois tool."

thanks, B_J_B

danjaq_0ff wrote:
    AngusrRoss wrote:
    danjaq_0ff wrote:

Im afraid it wasn't black and grey -{

Its black od green and red, and to top it off not a nato either, it is a one piece pre nato, no metal on the sides.
    5_Goldfinger_James_bond_nato_strap_rolex_Submariner_zps3834a1d3.jpg

I realise that the original is not black and grey or even a NATO for that matter however as far as I'm aware omega doesn't produce anything similar to the Goldfinger strap yet the back and grey NATO clearly still copies the original 'Bond' pattern as it's now universally known.

Really, I have always thought it to be known as a regimental strap, you live and learn I guess :D

anyway nice watch -{

I think you're right the official name for the pattern is regimental however if you go on any site that sells Nato straps the typical two stripe nato is almost always called a 'Bond strap'.
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Enough of your nonsense, go back cruising... back on topic.

This...

23330412101001-20.png

on this...

031ZSZ002044-20.png

Would be cool.

Agree entirely.
    This one looks great on a Black Omega NATO.

I still think we will remain with the PO. This is pretty much established as Craig's Bond's first watch at least.
    But as 2 of the 3 films have shown, a second watch is almost certain. Would be great if this was that watch.
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
    ... just out of curiosity: How much does Omega charge for their thick Nato variant?

• Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    I was recently informed that they will start (in the EU) at approx 150 EUR (for the nylon) >> More for the leather versions.

http://www.omegawatches.com/accessories/accessories/nato-straps/031ZSZ002046
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
    AngusrRoss wrote:
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    AngusrRoss wrote:

Would have to be on the grey/black Bond NATO. It would be a huge missed opportunity if they went with any of the other colours.
    031_ZSZ002045_20.jpg

Currently got my PO 2500 on one (haven't picked up an Omega one just yet however).

DSC_0008.jpg

Its black od green and red, and to top it off not a nato either, it is a one piece pre nato, no metal on the sides.

I realise that the original is not black and grey or even a NATO for that matter however as far as I'm aware omega doesn't produce anything similar to the Goldfinger strap yet the back and grey NATO clearly still copies the original 'Bond' pattern as it's now universally known.

Really, I have always thought it to be known as a regimental strap, you live and learn I guess :D

anyway nice watch -{
    Asp9mm wrote:
    It's OK for casual, but that's about it. It's very much of its time and not something people wear now unless you're a Bond fan. Non Bond fans mostly wonder what the hell you're wearing on your wrist as it draws all attention away from the watch and onto the strap. The colours actually seen on screen are even worse. The new Omega black Nato with grey edges is far less 60's/70's in your face retro but still with a subtle nod to what for years we thought was the Bond strap. You could probably get away with smart/casual with that one.

I would have to disagree and say NATOs seem now to be more popular than ever and certainly not just for Bond fans, Omega wouldn't have brought out a line of them if that was the case. I think the grey edges are a little too subtle and think the Bond style one is anything but in your face and would look fantastic on that retro 300m.
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    AngusrRoss wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:

This...

23330412101001-20.png

on this...

031ZSZ002044-20.png

Would be cool.

Would have to be on the grey/black Bond NATO. It would be a huge missed opportunity if they went with any of the other colours.
    031_ZSZ002045_20.jpg

Currently got my PO 2500 on one (haven't picked up an Omega one just yet however).

DSC_0008.jpg

It's OK for casual, but that's about it. It's very much of its time and not something people wear now unless you're a Bond fan. Non Bond fans mostly wonder what the hell you're wearing on your wrist as it draws all attention away from the watch and onto the strap. The colours actually seen on screen are even worse. The new Omega black Nato with grey edges is far less 60's/70's in your face retro but still with a subtle nod to what for years we thought was the Bond strap. You could probably get away with smart/casual with that one.
    AngusrRoss wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:

This...

23330412101001-20.png

on this...

031ZSZ002044-20.png

Would be cool.

031_ZSZ002045_20.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

edited November 2014
    Asp9mm wrote:

This...

23330412101001-20.png

on this...

031ZSZ002044-20.png

Would be cool.

031_ZSZ002045_20.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg
    Asp9mm wrote:

This...

23330412101001-20.png

Would be cool.

The watch looks good but not the artificially colored lume.

edited November 2014
    Rolex missed a trick by not releasing something similar along the lines of the 6538, that would have been epic.

DSC2119_zpscc7ff3a5.jpg
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    LOOK OUT ....... we are at Higgicon 5
    higgcon3.jpg
    :)) :))
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Interesting read Higgins
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    :)) :)) :))

actually I am quite calm re. Bremont.

I am "fascinated" how easily some people part with their money and pay Patek prices to base movements and finishings that are far below standard.

But Asp9mm even bought that AT and Explorer - so there is nothing impossible in nowadays.
    He used to have a solid taste in watches - but that's long gone.

Guess that all that snake poison is not doing any good in the long run :D

I wouldn't touch a Bremont with yours :))

And my taste in watches is great. Which one of us owns a Comex Sub, mil spec sub and 6538? Yeah baby, you know I'm the master :v
    You totally lost any respect and credibility by buying the last 2 ones 8-)
    And your dad has great watch taste and a Testarossa - you inherited the mentioned watches all from him :D

Only the military one.

Oh well, at least I had respect and credibility to lose. Good luck with that..... :))