SPECTRE Bluray & DVD

Comments

• The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Have to say the picture quality on the BluRay is amazing! To me better than the movies and for some reason looks better than the itunes version...I am sure there is a technical reason for this (like being blown up on a 65 inch tv) but I saw details in the movie I had never seen before...great for research!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Amazon delivered mine today, watching it now, and I'm very pleased with the picture quality. :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    Trying to get it out of the cellophane wrapping ? :D

:D Loved it (again), now working my way through the extras.... then I'll watch it again!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    I watched mine 3X in as many days. I am keeping myself from watching it again until, er, next week.
    Or later this week....
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    Got my BluRay (not steelbook). Did they change the subtitles for the release? I seem to remember at the cinema, when the subtitle 'To liars and.......' appeared I think the 'to' was spelt wrong? Or am I imagining this?
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
  • Bondage007Bondage007 AustraliaPosts: 371MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    now working my way through the extras....

HAHA see you next year then
    2019 Bondathon...in progress (6) FRWL (7) GE (8) FYEO (9) TND (10) MR (11) GF (12) LALD (13) DAF (14) LTK (15) TMWTGG (16) TB (17) TSWLM (18) DAD (19) AVTAK (20) YOLT (21) QOS (22) SF (23) TWINE (24) SP
    " Just took a few seconds Q" or about half an hour :#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,270MI6 Agent
    Got my BluRay (not steelbook). Did they change the subtitles for the release? I seem to remember at the cinema, when the subtitle 'To liars and.......' appeared I think the 'to' was spelt wrong? Or am I imagining this?

No, you are remembering correctly but was she saying two liars (as she was p*ssed seeing double) or was she giving a toast "to liars"? :s
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent
    Got mine today too , a must admit I agree with Mantis much better on blue ray and even better 3rd time round. :007)
    Still can't help being cheesed off with the extras if you can call them that.
    What's happened to the good old fashioned interviews with the stars , featurette's and documentary's about the story (script to screen)
    This was worse than Skyfall's.
    most disappointing but seems the norm with all releases now.
    007 reporting for duty
    ppw3o6r wrote:

No, you are remembering correctly but was she saying two liars (as she was p*ssed seeing double) or was she giving a toast "to liars"? :s

That's what I was thinking. When she first says it, it sounds like she's seeing two Bonds, but when she adds the 'everywhere' bit, it sounds like she's making a toast. I don't know!
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,270MI6 Agent
    Got mine today too , a must admit I agree with Mantis much better on blue ray and even better 3rd time round. :007)
    Still can't help being cheesed off with the extras if you can call them that.
    What's happened to the good old fashioned interviews with the stars , featurette's and documentary's about the story (script to screen)
    This was worse than Skyfall's.
    most disappointing but seems the norm with all releases now.

Heartily agree with you. The really annoying bit is a crew member I know well told me they had filmed pieces specifically to be on a dvd special features release :(
    On a more positive note the Bluray clarity was amazing -{
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    Mine arrived yesterday and I have to say the Bluray picture is amazing quality.

So dissapointed thought with the general presentation (intro etc. ) The older DVDs had some great intros and effects for the menu screens and far more and better extras). This version of the menu screen simply shows clips form the film to 30 seconds of the Bond theme - very disappointing and so obviously rushed to get this out.
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    Mine arrived yesterday and I have to say the Bluray picture is amazing quality.

So dissapointed thought with the general presentation (intro etc. ) The older DVDs had some great intros and effects for the menu screens and far more and better extras). This version of the menu screen simply shows clips form the film to 30 seconds of the Bond theme - very disappointing and so obviously rushed to get this out.

I finally caved and bought a copy as it was cheap on Prime. I will watch it and try to think positive thoughts so that I can join in drinking TP's koolade peace and love fest on another thread here on AJB. Reasons to be cheerful pt3.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
    Stag, posted that Tesco are selling the dvd for £7.
    Sky store seem to have messed up my delivery :# got the HD download OK, but so far
    No sign of the DVD. Was supposed to be here on 24th ( I do have the Bluray though ).
    Sky store seem to have messed up my delivery :# got the HD download OK, but so far
    No sign of the DVD. Was supposed to be here on 24th ( I do have the Bluray though ).

OK I'm intrigued. Bluray and DVD? For different locations? Jeez Louise how Big IS your house? Or is one for the Beach House? If so if one is rich enough to have a Beach house and yet no Bluray? These and other questions need to be dealt with.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
    I have some software to copy dvds for my tablet or phone. I have one tablet with all
    the Bond films and books on it. ;)
  • VandrellVandrell London, EnglandPosts: 324MI6 Agent
    I have some software to copy dvds for my tablet or phone. I have one tablet with all
    the Bond films and books on it. ;)

Love that!
    Now that most of us have had a chance to see it again at home, I have a question.
    Was SPECTRE Craig's Thunderball? That's how I see it- does anyone have a better comparison film?
    Finding Nemo ? ..... or has it to be a Bond film ? ;)
    Finding Nemo ? ..... or has it to be a Bond film ? ;)
    Silly silly British man.... a BOND film of course! :))
    For scale and locations it's the biggest of Craig's Bonds, with a clear change
    to a lighter tone. So perhaps it is Daniel's Thunderball, or Roger's TSWLM which
    was bigger in scope than his first two movies ?
    Given some of the seriousness in SP I'd still go with TB, TP.
  • explore007explore007 Posts: 195MI6 Agent
    Hi Folks

Does anybody else have a problem with the dark scenes on the DVD playing very dark with hardly any definition (Mr White scene for example)

We have Samsung DVD and TV etc and for some reason the dark scenes are just that - almost black - we had a similar problem with a Lincoln DVD so maybe its our set up but am interested if anybody else has this problem before buying a new player!!!

Thanks
    explore007 wrote:
    Hi Folks

Does anybody else have a problem with the dark scenes on the DVD playing very dark with hardly any definition (Mr White scene for example)

We have Samsung DVD and TV etc and for some reason the dark scenes are just that - almost black - we had a similar problem with a Lincoln DVD so maybe its our set up but am interested if anybody else has this problem before buying a new player!!!

Thanks
    You need to adjust brightness & contrast IMO.
  • explore007explore007 Posts: 195MI6 Agent
    chrisisall wrote:
    explore007 wrote:
    Hi Folks

Thanks
    You need to adjust brightness & contrast IMO.

Yeah we have tried all of that and can't get around it - other DVD's are absolutely fine as well - maybe that the more recently manufactured have an issue - will keep investigating
    edited February 2016
    chrisisall wrote:
    Now that most of us have had a chance to see it again at home, I have a question.
    Was SPECTRE Craig's Thunderball? That's how I see it- does anyone have a better comparison film?

Excellent comparison. Both middling entrys, better early sections. Unlikely to be the firm favourite of many, but has some decent scenes and a strong performance as Bond. Weak payoff, some really overlong and drawn out scenes, and far too long, uninspiring villain (Largo always seemed like a S.p.e.c.t.r.e OP's Director rather than a major player)
    If co paring Craig to Connery in terms of overall opinions, I'd say:

CR is Craig's FRWL
    QoS is Craig's DAF
    SF is Craig's GF
    SP is Craig's YOLT
    If co paring Craig to Connery in terms of overall opinions, I'd say:
    QoS is Craig's DAF
    WARNING: CREDIBILITY RATING RATING DROPPING TO DANGEROUS LEVELS
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Think my Steelbook Blu Ray from Amazon is due to arrive today after its long journey from the UK!

Might have to be a SPECTRE night tonite :D
    Instagram - bondclothes007