Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• Jedi MasterJedi Master UKPosts: 1,093MI6 Agent
    So what didn't you like about that post Sly Fox? Just post agian we don't mind!

And Orumov, not only can you expect the death of your favourite villian, I am going to ruin something for you now so if you don't want to know just don't read on and tell me to get rid of it!! Anyway, you can expect the death of my all time favourtie character, Neo! I know this because a reviewer guy who had seen all 3 films said on Tv.
    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and everyone dies.
  • General_OurumovGeneral_Ourumov United KingdomPosts: 861MI6 Agent
    Well that's not so bad for me. I'm a villain person. But interesting anyway.

By the way Sly Fox don't mind us! State your views freely!
    yes that is what this website is for after all!
  • The Sly FoxThe Sly Fox USAPosts: 467MI6 Agent
    Why thank you for your consideration! And I will state my feelings freely.

BTW, that was strange that it was going to let me edit the entire topic wasn't it? (it's in the "A Bug In A Single Topic" topic in the Help forum if anyone hasn't seen it already.)
  • The Sly FoxThe Sly Fox USAPosts: 467MI6 Agent
    Hopefully, there's not a bug in this topic itself, or Si may have to delete this one... :(
    No! Over a month of AJB history right here!
    edited September 2003
    :( Don't delete my precious topic!

General I thought of what I want to happen to Neo. On that clip of the final showdown he says: "it ends tonight" So I want him to stun all the Agent Smiths, and then, go to the source or whatever, and destroy the Matrix. Then he has to get to an exit before it terminates. So he's just flying off to his exit, and guess who he meets there! Agent Smith! They fight it out, Neo constantly trying to get to the ringing phone. And then he kills one Agent Smith with this knife or something. Then a fantastic scene where he runs round everywhere casually stabbing and killing Agent Smiths. Then, just as he finishes the last dude, the Matrix starts to, sort of collapse! He runs toward the phone, but as he runs, bits of the floor in front of him just, turn into the code and the numbers sort of disperse. Then he gets to the phone and as he puts his hand on the reciever it disapeers. The Matrix terminates with him still inside. Trinity is all like, WAAA WAAAA!! And the last scene is everyone who was plugged into the Matrix waking up, and wondering where they are.

I like!
    Its a good idea, but we will just have to wait. It had better be an improvement over Reloaded. That's all I want from Revolutions...
    yeah!

LAALALALALAAA
    we're letting the topic slip general, what can we do?! lets talk about our favourite Bond movies and why we like them. But lets only talk about it here to keep this thread going longer!!!
  • tirpitztirpitz Posts: 339MI6 Agent
    Mind if I join this topic? I really liked the original Star Wars films. For some reason I find the new ones a bit lacking.

Tirpitz
    Everyone is really edgy about talking on the topic, but we are very open to opinion, we would get very bored with no-one else!

anyway, yeah the new films in all legasies (bond and star wars!) always seem lacking to the old ones. I think you just can't beat a good OLD classic!
    The last stunning Bond film for me was GoldenEye, so I need to see another great one soon or I may not bother with the new ones and just watch the old ones.

Again the original Star Wars movies I thought were much butter than these latest three, particularly the very poor Episode One. I don't even like that film! Episode Two is very entertaining, particularly the battles and lightsaber duels.
    we're slipping. when i get the internet in my new house tomorrow i will post loads and loads!!! gotta go bye!
    If we can't find anything to talk about then just let the topic die, because if we post pointless posts then it will be closed.
    How about you guys talk about your lives outside of this website?
    Lives outside this website???? What a proposturous thought!!

Thought we could talk about the up and coming Star Wars, Bond and Matrix films. Star Wars episode 3, Bond no 21 and Matrix Revolutions.

I really hope they are all great!
    Why is my idea prepostrous?
    What lives outside this website???
    I just saw AOTC on DVD. It was nice with all the special effects but I think they overdid it this time. The number of special effects put in makes it almost comical.
    True, special effects are not what we want from legacies, I mean look what the CGI did for DAD! I watch things like The Matirx for special effects! Although I expect some effects, for things like lazers and shields, too mugh is never good!
    Has anyone in the UK seen Stargate SG1? I usually watch it over the weekends once I'm done with my homework.
    Oh the only film/tv prog with the word "star" in its name that i like is star wars!
  • JaelleJaelle Posts: 19MI6 Agent
    Hey is it too late to join this wayward thread? :))

First, Buffy ended for us here in the US several months ago. I've been with the show since the start -- it's the only young people's show (apart from Angel) in the 90s that I got interested in. Fabulous writing, acting, unjustly ignored at the Emmys. The episode "Hush" and the episode where Buffy's mother dies is far, far better than the stuff that gets Emmy awards. I adore Spike but my real favorite has always been Giles and I always felt that Joss underused the character. I don't know why it's impossible for Joss to write a scene where Giles and Buffy hug each other. I'll miss the show a lot, and look forward to the new season of Angel.

I watched Stargate faithfully until about two years ago. I need to catch up -- great show.

As to Star Wars, well, imo, the only ones worth watching are the first 3 tho the third is definitely the weakest, not my favorite. Still, it's lightyears above the recent ones that Lucas has foisted on the public. I find Phantom and AOTC absolutely unwatchable, except for that lightsaber duel between Darth Maul and Kenobi/Qui Gon in Phantom, and Yoda's cool duel in AOTC. Paying $10 just for that, tho, is pretty abysmal.

The 90s had some great TV SF/fantasy - DS9, Stargate, Farscape, X Files, Buffy, I also liked the New Outer Limits' first few seasons. But there's not much out there right now.
    Quoting Jaelle:
    Hey is it too late to join this wayward thread? :))

First, Buffy ended for us here in the US several months ago. I've been with the show since the start -- it's the only young people's show (apart from Angel) in the 90s that I got interested in. Fabulous writing, acting, unjustly ignored at the Emmys. The episode "Hush" and the episode where Buffy's mother dies is far, far better than the stuff that gets Emmy awards. I adore Spike but my real favorite has always been Giles and I always felt that Joss underused the character. I don't know why it's impossible for Joss to write a scene where Giles and Buffy hug each other. I'll miss the show a lot, and look forward to the new season of Angel.

I watched Stargate faithfully until about two years ago. I need to catch up -- great show.

As to Star Wars, well, imo, the only ones worth watching are the first 3 tho the third is definitely the weakest, not my favorite. Still, it's lightyears above the recent ones that Lucas has foisted on the public. I find Phantom and AOTC absolutely unwatchable, except for that lightsaber duel between Darth Maul and Kenobi/Qui Gon in Phantom, and Yoda's cool duel in AOTC. Paying $10 just for that, tho, is pretty abysmal.

The 90s had some great TV SF/fantasy - DS9, Stargate, Farscape, X Files, Buffy, I also liked the New Outer Limits' first few seasons. But there's not much out there right now.

Please do join! We need some life back in here. I was also saying in a much earlier post here that Giles is my favourite character, though I can't complain much about Sarah Michelle Gellar either ;). The series was definetely entertaining, but I liked it best when the central characters were still in school and Giles was the librarian. My favourite Episode was back in Season 2 - 'Killed by Death' in which small children are being picked off by an invisible killer - quite chilling. I agree also on your point Jaelle that the acting was always superb. As for Angel, though I don't anymore - I used to find David Boreanaz annoying. I quite like him now but there is no point in watching a show that you have missed loads of!

Stargate - never really could get into the series though I tried a few times - and the film was excellent.

Again I agree that the first three Star Wars films wipe the floor with the latest two which are trying way too hard on the special effects. The duel between Yoda and Dooku (Christopher Lee!!) is always brilliant to watch but the rest isn't up to standard - even John Williams' score isn't as good as those classics made so long ago...
    The series was definetely entertaining, but I liked it best when the central characters were still in school and Giles was the librarian. My favourite Episode was back in Season 2 - 'Killed by Death' in which small children are being picked off by an invisible killer - quite chilling. I agree also on your point Jaelle that the acting was always superb. [/quote]

I agree entirely, the best time for the series was when they were all still in high school and Giles was the librarian. I loved the episodes with Jenny Calendar and Giles. And the episode where we learn about Giles' old friend who calls him "Ripper" (I forget his character's name) ranks very highly among my favorites. I LOVED that look into Giles' past. For awhile there was talk of a show based in the UK just about Giles -- too bad it didn't take off.
    That would have been excellent, a show specifically about Giles, though I can't imagine what it would be about. If ot were showing him in his younger days then they'd have to use another actor rather than Anthony Head. I can't see myself watching Giles unless it's Anthony Head.

I thought the Jenny Calendar episodes were entertaining aswell.
    Oh yes definately the best episodes were the high school years!

You two have brought the thread back to life without me! Thanks!!

My faveourite episodes are all the ones where the world was ending, I absolutely adored the suspense in them! The ones I can pick out (which are obviously the best!) are the one where the prinicpal or someone turns into a huge snake, and the one where they finally defeated glory and Buffy committed suicide, I loved that bit! And the last episode, fantastic!

I think it was also better when they had one problem in every episode and it was found confronted and resolved in the same epsiode, like the ones with the invisible death, the dreams coming true (a master piece!) and the one with that living puppet, he was great!

And I agree that the acting was superb from start to finish, particularly Anthony Head, he played Giles so incredibly well! Nobody does it better!
    I liked the episode when Buffy was a Guidance Counselor. Who thought our vampire slaying hero could be giving guidance to troubled teens?
    I felt the last season, tho, had a lot of weaknesses. All those potential slayers, the new girlfriend for Willow...the show seemed to meander a lot without any coherence. And the First just never really impressed me as a Big Bad Evil the way the mayor or the big bad vampire at the hellmouth in the first couple of seasons did. The First and Glory were the weakest villains.

But the last episode redeemed most of the weaknesses of the last season. Great stuff!