Becoming a Bond Girl

Comments

• VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    edited November 2017
    Fairly interesting how you mix and match outfits and even have the ability to set out and make your own. I'm no expert on women's wear but your jumpsuit sort of echoes Pussy Gallore's Flying Circus outfit of the blonde pilots.

After about 5 minutes of brain-storming, I see what you mean in regards to trends (View to A Kill comes to mind)
    However, I would argue that the most timeless piece of clothing that a woman wore in the series would be the reinterpretation of Marilyn Monroe's famous white dress; Holly's (trendingly long) white dress in Moonraker.
    AVTAK is actually pretty on trend at the moment. Bandage dresses are very in at the moment along with formal items with hoods.

avtak2.jpg

hood_dress.jpg

dress.jpg

dress_2.jpg

I found a very similar dress to the plum one below and I am thinking of getting it. I am thinking about getting it.

view-to-a-kill-11052012.jpg

dress3.jpg

AVTAK also features high cut swimsuits which are SUPER popular again. It is tragic.

swim2.jpg

swim.jpg

I love the jump suits that PG's girls wear. If I was a super hipster I would wear the hell out of one. I need to move to Williamsburg.

jump.jpg
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    I was thinking about becoming a Bond Girl :D but then Jizzy would never leave me alone :D :v
    You look lovely.

:) -{
    Higgins wrote:
    NauseatedEmoji.jpg

Jizzie's Jizz face :D
    _Stocks wrote:
    I am also in awe of danjaq_0ff's beautiful new look!

Thank you kind Sir :D

Though I think I could do better teaming up with Barbel and doing a Rod Stuart tribute act :D
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    Realy cool insights Vesper. I love your approach and creativity with it; that's why I love updating the old Bond outfits: it gives me the feeling of dressing like Bond, but requires my own personal style and creativity to breathe new life into often dated and overly fasion focused outfits. -{
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Didn't the power suit have a revival for women back in 2015-6?
    Very, very cool and quite obviously if it is at the right price I wouldn't tell you to not buy it.
    a reasonable rate of return
    Didn't the power suit have a revival for women back in 2015-6?
    Very, very cool and quite obviously if it is at the right price I wouldn't tell you to not buy it.
    I credit Evan Rachel Wood making the power suit a thing again. She has only worn them on the red carpet for the past year (yes, this is what I google at work.)And Ruby Rose too.

erw.jpg

erw_2.jpg

erw_3.jpg

erw_4.jpg

I found these amazing earrings that are so Elektra king.
    https://www.macys.com/shop/product/le-vian-chocolatier-diamond-ear-climbers-1-2-ct.-t.w.-in-14k-rose-gold?ID=5196814&CategoryID=65939#fn=JEWELRY_TYPE%3DEarrings%26SIZE%3D%26sp%3D1%26spc%3D739%26ruleId%3D105%7CBOOST%20SAVED%20SET%7CBOOST%20ATTRIBUTE%26searchPass%3DmatchNone%26slotId%3D28

earrings.png
    As Higgy is also becoming a Bond Girl, I saw these for him, but thought that they would suit you better Lady V -{

475fd377544d842d96badd152d1a0831--septum-piercings-nick-nacks_zpsujl1yszj.jpg
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    As Higgy is also becoming a Bond Girl

Irma Bunt? :))
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Chriscoop wrote:
    danjaq_0ff wrote:

:)) :)) :))

We are going to have to petition Debbie McWilliams, Higgy for the new Irma Bunt :v I wonder if I could give Neal and Rob a few tips on the story line :v :D
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:
    danjaq_0ff wrote:

We are going to have to petition Debbie McWilliams, Higgy for the new Irma Bunt :v I wonder if I could give Neal and Rob a few tips on the story line :v :D
    Maybe the new Higgins bunt could have some green trainers that have knives built in when he clicks his heels together klebb style!?
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Chriscoop wrote:
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

Maybe the new Higgins bunt could have some green trainers that have knives built in when he clicks his heels together klebb style!?

Capt Jizzy Bunt, Cruising around the World in Blofelds huge boat collecting all of the Worlds OAP's and holding them to ransom, if the Worlds Governments dont pay, they get dropped off in Hawaii :D
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    As Higgy is also becoming a Bond Girl, I saw these for him, but thought that they would suit you better Lady V -{

Those are amazing! Where did you find it? I need a like!
    danjaq_0ff wrote:

Those are amazing! Where did you find it? I need a like!

Here you go :)
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1Pc-Women-Punk-Rock-Retro-Octopus-Ear-Stud-Wrap-Cuff-Clip-Buckle-Earring-Ornate-/302072901353
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent
    The page looks like this...

image.png
    UNCLE27 wrote:

image.png
    Thank you for thwarting Drew -{

That is a really neat ear cuff. It is very Elektra King and Octopussy.
    UNCLE27 wrote:

image.png
    Thank you for thwarting Drew -{

That is a really neat ear cuff. It is very Elektra King and Octopussy.

And SPECTRE -{
  • anotherbondfananotherbondfan USAPosts: 5MI6 Agent
    Just want to say, I'm loving the thread! As another female on the forum, its awesome to see some of the Bond girl's clothes here. It inspired me a tad bit to maybe try some out!

I do believe the my favorite of the dresses a Bond girl wears would be Anya's dress from TSWLM, but that may only be the first to pop into my head. I love the simplicity in addition to the elegance of the dress. From what I read, it seems to be a custom dress, but I bet something similar wouldn't be too hard to find. Anya's style in general seems to be a load like my own and may quite possibly be my favorite, simple but with elegance (attempted on my part, done superbly on hers).
    ceb74504a2b1640ddd2d70ffbd866a1cbe441ef49add663d6945db8320d303f1.jpg

I also tend to like the classy businesslike (pardon my terrible and somewhat repetitive descriptions) styles as shown in Tatiana Romanova, amongst many others that I did not feel like finding photos of (oops, I can get lazy!)
    daniela8.jpg

From_Russiatatiant.jpg

I could add that there is definitely a hipster/spunky part of me that loves Pussy Galore's style too. I love the violet shirt she wears in the barn scene. The jumpsuits of the flying circus, as shown before, are quite nice though I doubt I'd pull one off myself.

These preferences may be because these are some of my favorite Bond girls and parts of their styles tend to coincide with my own. And these are also just the first to be popping into my head. On further analysis, I could probably come up with a lot more as we've seen tons of styles in Bond girls! I do tend to like the Bond girls the 60s and 70s the best which would most definitely . Anyway, just wanted to show some more ideas on Bond girl style that I hope to somehow to have on my own!

Finally, I'd like to share with all people interested in clothes in Bond in general (this includes girls and supporting characters!) this website I found in my admittedly limited research. Most may know it already but I wasn't sure so I figured I'll share it anyway. It doesn't have all of the Bond films, but if you search one up, you just might find one your looking for. I've found Dr. No, Goldeneye, TSWLM, and OHMSS amongst others. It's also got clothes from other movies, so have fun!

https://thetake.com/movie/508/the-spy-who-loved-me [this is the link to TSWLM page. Search any other film and see if it'll come up]
    I would say "Bond, James Bond", but that is not my name and I can't even try to pull it off with my own name
    @anotherbondfan I LOVE to see what clothing the Bond girls will wear. I agree with you on Anya's dress. It is a dress that you wish you had a chance to wear! Dirty Punker found a bracelet that is actually pretty close to the one she wears and you could get away with wearing on a daily basis.

Tatiana Romanova is another favorite. I love that she wears ribbons as chokers. That is so on trend at the moment and if I lived in Williamsburg or Asheville I could pull it off. I bought a soviet watch because I thought it was something she would wear. It is new old stock.
    watch.jpg

Other favorites would be the robe dress worn by Miss. Taro in Dr. No. I actually want to reproduce it. If you look closely, it is not a towel, it has a zipper and built in cups. It would be so perfect for the pool when trying to look cute.

towel_dress.jpg

As far as Pussy Galore goes, I want to live in a world where I can wear purple suede pants. I was in an actual city and went into THREE stores that were selling the Flying Circus jumpsuits. No joke. So now is your time. I think you could wear one to a bar if you put a cool motocross jacket on top or a fitted blazer.

Another favorite of mine and a contender for my all time favorite Bond girl look is the Countesses dress in FYEO.

hood.jpg

dress.jpg

It is in the running with the caftan from OHMSS.

tracy.jpg
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Pussy and Anya both wore odd jackets (or blazers in layman's terms), which is a meeting point between their wardrobes...
    pussy-galore-honor-blackman.jpg
    Screen_Shot_2018_01_14_at_01_29_01.png
    If you go the stone/white blazer route, add a scarf and then you can homage Stacey Sutton in View To A Kill.
    Screen_Shot_2018_01_14_at_01_33_07.png

Also, welcome to the forum. I'm pretty scarce around these parts these days but I never had a chance to say hello.
    Don't worry about being repetitive. None of my videos would be needed had I not felt the need to be repetitive or express my own opinion. Your own opinion may be similarly worded to former ones but the difference is that it hasn't been heard yet. Being repetitive is what makes the world go round.
    It's all just a little bit of history repeating.
    a reasonable rate of return
    Queen Maxima of the Netherlands is more Elektra King than Elektra King. This is how to be a bond girl/ Queen.
    Bond.jpg

bond2.jpg
  • Bond_323Bond_323 Posts: 17MI6 Agent
    I have a lagrandite which is arsenic and is completely stable until you expose it to acid. Then it turns into posion gas. I am careful with that one.

That is very Bond Femme Fatale...! Ian Fleming would have loved that piece of info.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent

Honey's doesn't have a belt; she wears a utility belt over it.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Matt S wrote:

Honey's doesn't have a belt; she wears a utility belt over it.
    It is reminiscent of her bikini in a way that a person could actually wear it on a beach today without looking like cosplay -{
    Domino has the best beachwear of any of the Bond girls. After much hunting I found a swimsuit *like* the sheer one she wore. The main thing is this one can actually be worn in public because it does not show sideboob. It was cheap and really good quality and passed it's first beach test.

https://www.amazon.com/Runtlly-Inspired-Fashion-Figures-Swimsuit/dp/B01MS3XRRP/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1523537727&sr=8-4&keywords=one+shoulder+swimsuit
    96c205c9ad664543488f967f426d176d.jpg

SWIM.jpg
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent
    Very nice find! {[]
    Kaley Cuoco got married this weekend in true Tracy style -{

JUMP_2.png
    Cool, did she have a Higgy ring on ?