Bond 25 SPOILER news

1676870727396

Comments

  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Posts: 225MI6 Agent
    No Time To Die’s Lashana Lynch Responds To 007 Rumours
    https://empireonline.com/movies/news/lashana-lynch-responds-007-rumours-no-time-to-die-bond-cary-fukunaga/

    Speaking in Empire’s world exclusive No Time To Die issue, Lynch responded to the rumour-mill and the wider conversation that has sprung from the prospect of a black, female 007 being part of the 25th Bond movie – though she wouldn’t confirm or deny if that was the case. “I can say that, though the reactions to such a rumour have been varied, I love that the conversation is even happening,” she says. “And I think that’s really exciting for long-running fans, new fans, but also young people that would potentially have that as not even an idea, as something that is just normal for them. That’s really special for me. Whether something like that is happening or not as a fact, at this point doesn’t even matter for me. The conversation is enough. As a fly on the social-media wall, it’s bleedin’ brilliant.”
    James Bond Australia - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube

    Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LetterBoxd | YouTube
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,345MI6 Agent
    This new picture of Bond in assault gear would appear to confirm that the Safin lair/mine is in Russia.
    https://twitter.com/tvs_movies/status/1210464550115532801/photo/1

    The lettering on the wall behind Bond does fit the cyrillic alphabet, especially the n like character.

    Below is a link to a picture of the cyrillic alphabet.
    https://www.123rf.com/photo_77882512_stock-vector-cyrillic-alphabet-on-white-background-vector-image.html
  • ggl007ggl007 SpainPosts: 383MI6 Agent
    Someone wrote:
    This new picture of Bond in assault gear would appear to confirm that the Safin lair/mine is in Russia.
    https://twitter.com/tvs_movies/status/1210464550115532801/photo/1

    The lettering on the wall behind Bond does fit the cyrillic alphabet, especially the n like character.

    Below is a link to a picture of the cyrillic alphabet.
    https://www.123rf.com/photo_77882512_stock-vector-cyrillic-alphabet-on-white-background-vector-image.html

    "Restricted Area"
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,345MI6 Agent
    ggl007 wrote:
    Someone wrote:
    This new picture of Bond in assault gear would appear to confirm that the Safin lair/mine is in Russia.
    https://twitter.com/tvs_movies/status/1210464550115532801/photo/1

    The lettering on the wall behind Bond does fit the cyrillic alphabet, especially the n like character.

    Below is a link to a picture of the cyrillic alphabet.
    https://www.123rf.com/photo_77882512_stock-vector-cyrillic-alphabet-on-white-background-vector-image.html

    "Restricted Area"

    Wow, yeah, you're right! This is from Google Translate.

    1.jpg
  • ShatterfangShatterfang Posts: 533MI6 Agent
    No Time to Die is a 1958 movie directed by Terrence Young and produced by Cubby Broccoli, released in the US as Tank Force.
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,345MI6 Agent
    No Time to Die is a 1958 movie directed by Terrence Young and produced by Cubby Broccoli, released in the US as Tank Force.

    Not a spoiler...
  • JTMJTM Posts: 2,962MI6 Agent
    No Time to Die is a 1958 movie directed by Terrence Young and produced by Cubby Broccoli, released in the US as Tank Force.

    No Time to Die is also a 2020 movie directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga and produced by Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli, released in the US as No Time to Die...I think this one might be a little more relevant to this thread, and this website ;)
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,345MI6 Agent
    Spring House has some BTS pictures in its most recent tweets and one includes a clapperboard.
    https://twitter.com/springhousese/status/1213020650413154304?s=20

    The crew appear to be sitting on the rocks on the beach where we saw Nomi and Madeleine and we see a clapperboard and it has the scene number 243. There was a clapperboard with the scene 253 in a previous picture (https://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/958543/#p958543).

    That picture with scene 253 is just a clapperboard on a table and it was always possible that was a bit of mischief, but this scene 243 picture clearly links it with a location and crew. Scene 243 would be at 170 minutes, 2 hours 50 minutes. It gives credence that NTTD is going to be a very long Bond film.

    Or, there are scenes 243 and 253 because Fukunaga deleted huge numbers of scenes. If you look through the leaked Spectre script there are page and pages of scenes there either were never filmed or were cut. I could imagine that Fukunaga and Scott Burns tore a lot out and and added additional scenes, so that would explain the high scene numbers.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Posts: 225MI6 Agent
    Someone wrote:
    Spring House has some BTS pictures in its most recent tweets and one includes a clapperboard.
    https://twitter.com/springhousese/status/1213020650413154304?s=20

    The crew appear to be sitting on the rocks on the beach where we saw Nomi and Madeleine and we see a clapperboard and it has the scene number 243. There was a clapperboard with the scene 253 in a previous picture (https://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/958543/#p958543).

    That picture with scene 253 is just a clapperboard on a table and it was always possible that was a bit of mischief, but this scene 243 picture clearly links it with a location and crew. Scene 243 would be at 170 minutes, 2 hours 50 minutes. It gives credence that NTTD is going to be a very long Bond film.

    Or, there are scenes 243 and 253 because Fukunaga deleted huge numbers of scenes. If you look through the leaked Spectre script there are page and pages of scenes there either were never filmed or were cut. I could imagine that Fukunaga and Scott Burns tore a lot out and and added additional scenes, so that would explain the high scene numbers.

    Clapperboards with a letter before the number are second unit, clapperboards that begin with a number and end with a letter are first unit. They use different number systems to avoid confusion.

    So scene X253B is second unit, the new clapperboard 243F is first unit.
    James Bond Australia - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube

    Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LetterBoxd | YouTube
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,345MI6 Agent
    Red_Snow wrote:
    Someone wrote:
    Spring House has some BTS pictures in its most recent tweets and one includes a clapperboard.
    https://twitter.com/springhousese/status/1213020650413154304?s=20

    The crew appear to be sitting on the rocks on the beach where we saw Nomi and Madeleine and we see a clapperboard and it has the scene number 243. There was a clapperboard with the scene 253 in a previous picture (https://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/958543/#p958543).

    That picture with scene 253 is just a clapperboard on a table and it was always possible that was a bit of mischief, but this scene 243 picture clearly links it with a location and crew. Scene 243 would be at 170 minutes, 2 hours 50 minutes. It gives credence that NTTD is going to be a very long Bond film.

    Or, there are scenes 243 and 253 because Fukunaga deleted huge numbers of scenes. If you look through the leaked Spectre script there are page and pages of scenes there either were never filmed or were cut. I could imagine that Fukunaga and Scott Burns tore a lot out and and added additional scenes, so that would explain the high scene numbers.

    Clapperboards with a letter before the number are second unit, clapperboards that begin with a number and end with a letter are first unit. They use different number systems to avoid confusion.

    So scene X253B is second unit, the new clapperboard 243F is first unit.

    As I show in the post linked to below, the letters before or after a scene number do not reflect some parallel scene numbering system, they are the same scene, first or second unit. Scene 243F is about 2hrs 50mins into a DC Bond movie and scene X253B is about seven minutes later.
    https://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/957246/#p957246
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,345MI6 Agent
    Another clapperboard has surfaced, just moments ago on Fukunaga's Instagram account. He has posted two videos of filming, apparently taking place today, involving a camera helicopter, one in colour, the other B&W.
    https://www.instagram.com/stories/cary_fukunaga/

    The camera helicopter is from Marzano Films, a UK based aerial filming firm.
    https://www.marzanofilms.com/
    Here is the company's press release about NTTD. They filmed in Jamaica, Norway and, oddly, IMHO, Pinewood Studios.
    https://www.marzanofilms.com/blog/james-bond-25-production-begins/

    The clapperboard can be seen in this image I grabbed from the second video. The scene number is X252, take 1.
    1.jpg

    So, it is further evidence that this is either a very long Bond film or Fukunaga took an axe to the original 3rd act and wrote in a lot of new material.

    In the first video an aerodrome hangar can be seen with the words Arena aerial photography on it. I think this is that firm.
    https://www.arena-aircraft.com/
    They are based in Redhill, Surrey, England. Here is another picture of Redhill Aerodrome from Flickr, proving it is there. You can see the two large hangars seen in Cary's first video.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/traumahawk/14873451948/

    According to Google maps, the Aerodrome is a 50 minute drive from Swinley Forest, where they filmed scenes relating to the Scandinavian villa. A short trip for a chopper I'd imagine.
    https://goo.gl/maps/nmyQCX66s1fpZnas9
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 9,855MI6 Agent
    Prob not anything drastic.

    Missed or improved aerial shots - could even be weather related from prev shoot
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,394MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Prob not anything drastic.

    Missed or improved aerial shots - could even be weather related from prev shoot
    I thought the same, probably just for the usual transition shots of London.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,566MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    No Time to Die is a 1958 movie directed by Terrence Young and produced by Cubby Broccoli, released in the US as Tank Force.

    No Time to Die is also a 2020 movie directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga and produced by Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli, released in the US as No Time to Die...I think this one might be a little more relevant to this thread, and this website ;)

    I think both are relevant, although the 1958 film has already been discussed somewhat extensively here, either in this thread or the spoiler free NTTD thread.
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,345MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Prob not anything drastic.

    Missed or improved aerial shots - could even be weather related from prev shoot
    I thought the same, probably just for the usual transition shots of London.

    So, is DC's final film's final scene(s) going to be of London? Scene 252, about a minute before scene 253, which was filmed on the Italian coast, would suggest not, so what is there within flying distance of Redhill aerodrome that could be a final scene; about 5-10 minutes after scene 243 when Nomi, Madeleine, Bond and a possible clone child are escaping the rocky beach in a RIB boat?

    Scene 253 being filmed in Italy doesn't make sense to me, but an aerial shot of Madeleine, Bond and a clone child, living the happily ever after at a restored 'Scandinavian villa' in Swinley Forest/Norway, makes sense to me as a farewell to DC's Bond.
  • Revs1972Revs1972 Posts: 68MI6 Agent
    Did I read that they have filmed several endings to the film.
    Surely this would explain the high clapperboard numbers.
    So instead of a 2:50 fim, it’s probably a 2 hours ish film ?
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,669MI6 Agent
    Revs1972 wrote:
    Did I read that they have filmed several endings to the film.
    Surely this would explain the high clapperboard numbers.
    So instead of a 2:50 fim, it’s probably a 2 hours ish film ?

    I remember reading to that three different endings were filmed. But I don't think it was mentioned how long each ending is, i.e. 5 minutes, 15 minutes etc..
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,345MI6 Agent
    Mr Martini wrote:
    Revs1972 wrote:
    Did I read that they have filmed several endings to the film.
    Surely this would explain the high clapperboard numbers.
    So instead of a 2:50 fim, it’s probably a 2 hours ish film ?

    I remember reading to that three different endings were filmed. But I don't think it was mentioned how long each ending is, i.e. 5 minutes, 15 minutes etc..

    Third acts are typically 20-30 minutes long and I think that would be prohibitively expensive to film 90 minutes of third act material.

    Bond films also have epilogues, for example, Bond being reinstated at the end of Skyfall and Bond leaving MI6 at the end of Spectre, or with Casino when he shoots Mr White at the villa.

    I think it's more likely it's this epilogue that they will have re-shot 3 times and this could be Bond walking away permanently with Madeleine or going back to MI6, or Bond dying.
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,345MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:

    This is interesting: "Purvis and Wade were tapped to write an entirely new script with Fukunaga"

    So, Purvis & Wade have written two 'Bond25' scripts. Purvis & Wade were announced on 24 July 2017 with EON saying Bond25, "will be written by Neal Purvis and Robert Wade."
    https://www.007.com/bond-25-announcement/

    We know from what has been revealed about NTTD that early Spectre story ideas leaked in the Sony email hack have been used for NTTD. So, they appear to have gone back to Spectre and made B25 a sequel, while Boyle's Bond idea was supposed to have been original and involved the Russians as the villains and was about a new 'cold war'.

    Fukunaga's joining was announced in September and filming started 28 April, and Boyle's departure was announced in late August, so if Fukunaga did join quickly as the Variety article suggests, they had 6-8 months to get the script in shape, which should be plenty of time.

    I've previously had thoughts about how many B25 scripts there have been.
    https://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/940172/#p940172
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 17,753MI6 Agent
    Thanks for posting :). The producers don't give interviews like this very often. There were several interesting bits in it.

    "The film will tie up loose narrative threads left over from previous Craig outings"
    I wonder what lose threads are they talking about? The fate of Quantum? Hinx? Madeleine's past, surely. I really don't know.


    “We have come to an emotionally satisfying conclusion,” says Broccoli. I don't think they would have called the ending "emotionally satisfying" if Bond dies at the end. Emotional, but not satisfying. I could be wrong of cource.

    About casting the next Bond actor:
    But they seem open to broadening the search beyond the usual suspects.
    “You think of him as being from Britain or the Commonwealth, but Britain is a very diverse place,” Wilson says.

    “He can be of any color, but he is male,” says Broccoli. “I believe we should be creating new characters for women — strong female characters. I’m not particularly interested in taking a male character and having a woman play it. I think women are far more interesting than that.”
    I certainly agree in what she says about women. The rest I may have to warm to.

    This bit about Fukunaga is interesting and new to me:
    " But he’d been on the producers’ radar for a long time. Broccoli initially had conversations with Fukunaga about directing “Spectre” before Sam Mendes, who had helmed “Skyfall,” came on board."
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 766MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Thanks for posting :). The producers don't give interviews like this very often. There were several interesting bits in it.

    "The film will tie up loose narrative threads left over from previous Craig outings"
    I wonder what lose threads are they talking about? The fate of Quantum? Hinx? Madeleine's past, surely. I really don't know.


    “We have come to an emotionally satisfying conclusion,” says Broccoli. I don't think they would have called the ending "emotionally satisfying" if Bond dies at the end. Emotional, but not satisfying. I could be wrong of cource.

    About casting the next Bond actor:
    But they seem open to broadening the search beyond the usual suspects.
    “You think of him as being from Britain or the Commonwealth, but Britain is a very diverse place,” Wilson says.

    “He can be of any color, but he is male,” says Broccoli. “I believe we should be creating new characters for women — strong female characters. I’m not particularly interested in taking a male character and having a woman play it. I think women are far more interesting than that.”
    I certainly agree in what she says about women. The rest I may have to warm to.

    This bit about Fukunaga is interesting and new to me:
    " But he’d been on the producers’ radar for a long time. Broccoli initially had conversations with Fukunaga about directing “Spectre” before Sam Mendes, who had helmed “Skyfall,” came on board."


    About tying up the loose ends: I love TBE‘s theory that Madeleine was in fact the gorl that befriended and psychologically manipulated the women like Vesper for SPECTRE‘s purposes. That would be a great harkening back to CR.

    What I don’t like is how they open up for Bond‘s heritage. Please don’t go there...
    The name is Walker by the way.

    IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 17,753MI6 Agent

    About tying up the loose ends: I love TBE‘s theory that Madeleine was in fact the gorl that befriended and psychologically manipulated the women like Vesper for SPECTRE‘s purposes. That would be a great harkening back to CR.

    What I don’t like is how they open up for Bond‘s heritage. Please don’t go there...

    I think that a very interesting idea that opens up for a lot of exiting possibilities.
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 2,287MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:
    thats a good interview, well worth reading. Theres quite a few nuggets of information in there, some about Bond25, some about the behind-the-scenes history of the series.
    Broccoli and Wilson say they’re thrilled with what Fukunaga delivered, calling it a visually arresting adventure that follows Bond from Jamaica to Norway, with a stop in the ancient Italian city of Matera.
    unfortunately, nothing about Japan or any Russian islands near Japan. Norway will definitely be playing Norway. Nothing about Cuba either.

    I liked this bit, I've had questions before about the division of labour:
    People who have labored on the franchise say that Broccoli’s and Wilson’s abilities are complementary. “They both have strong points,” says Robert Wade, who has co-written seven Bond films, from “The World Is Not Enough” to “No Time to Die.” “Barbara is very much concerned with the emotional side of the story as well as the relevance of it to now. Michael’s got a very good story brain and has a macabre dimension that allows us to keep the Ian Fleming flavor of the thing.”

    Privately, those who have worked with the pair describe Wilson as “cerebral” and keenly interested in exploring the inner workings of MI6. Broccoli is viewed as more finely attuned to what’s going on in the industry. She’s also willing to go toe-to-toe with studio heads, making it clear that she’s outlasted previous regimes and will still be standing when one film czar is deposed for another.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,669MI6 Agent
    Someone wrote:

    We know from what has been revealed about NTTD that early Spectre story ideas leaked in the Sony email hack have been used for NTTD. So, they appear to have gone back to Spectre and made B25 a sequel, while Boyle's Bond idea was supposed to have been original and involved the Russians as the villains and was about a new 'cold war'.

    Did I read somewhere that Danny Boyle wanted to kill of Bond and that was one of the reasons he left, because Craig was against the idea?
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,524MI6 Agent
    Mr Martini wrote:
    Someone wrote:

    We know from what has been revealed about NTTD that early Spectre story ideas leaked in the Sony email hack have been used for NTTD. So, they appear to have gone back to Spectre and made B25 a sequel, while Boyle's Bond idea was supposed to have been original and involved the Russians as the villains and was about a new 'cold war'.

    Did I read somewhere that Danny Boyle wanted to kill of Bond and that was one of the reasons he left, because Craig was against the idea?

    I think that was just a rumour.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,345MI6 Agent
    Safin is part of SPECTRE according to this NTTD Land Rover Defender display text; suggesting that he is not a leader of some new organisation as has been proposed because of the Cuban death party for SPECTRE operatives seen in the trailer.
    https://twitter.com/BerendKwant/status/1218444659049095168?s=20
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,345MI6 Agent
    With the revelation that NTTD could be almost 3h long, I think time estimates for scenes could be wrong, along with expectations for the story.

    Looking back at clapperboard numbers and when they should occur, Shatterfang had these estimates
    https://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/957887/#p957887
    Hakadal, Norway - 15K - 11:15
    Port Antonio - 78 - 58:30
    Cuba - 108H - 1:21:00
    London - Bond pulls up in the Vantage - 139A - 1:44:15
    London Horse Brigade - 152 - 1:54:00
    London: Bond, M, Tanner on the riverfront - 155 - 1:56:15

    I still think the film will begin in Norway and being the PTS it's unlikely to be longer than 15mins. Then we'll have Matera and we have ample clapperboards and BTS filming by locals and tourists, which shows that is certainly no more than about 20-25 minutes. The highest numbered clapperboard we saw for Matera was X54B (https://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/958764/#p958764) which would be about 37 minutes into the film. Then we time jump to Jamaica, we think, but we only know we're in Jamaica by scene 78, 55-60 minutes into the film. So, something else is going on between the 37th minute and the 55th. Thirteen minutes, which could include M's "where's 007?" scene and the introduction of Jamaica. Scene 78 may not be the first scene in Jamaica.

    So, so far, the timing and story seems to match. I am wondering if the first half of the film sees Bond and Madeline split at the beginning, then they meet again when Bond goes to visit Blofeld at Wakefield prison about 1h 45 to 1h 55 into the film. Casino Royale was a film of two very different halves, one in Jamaica and Miami and the second half in Montenegro and Venice.

    So, the remaining hour of the film could be entirely about Bond and Madeleine and their mission against Safin. That could be half an hour for Bond and Madeleine to find Safin and get their arses kicked and another 30 minutes, with Nomi's help, and maybe Q's, to defeat Safin.
  • Lady IceLady Ice Posts: 262MI6 Agent
    I reckon Madeleine will be pregnant and then get killed. They won't make Bond a father but surely can't resist a new twist.
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,345MI6 Agent
    Lady Ice wrote:
    I reckon Madeleine will be pregnant and then get killed. They won't make Bond a father but surely can't resist a new twist.

    Bond usually gets a PG-13 rating so I can't imagine they would kill a pregnant woman, not a heavily pregnant woman in a Bond film. The evidence we have from the rocky beach photos with Nomi, Bond and maybe a child, is that Madeleine survives, certainly to almost the very end, if not the end of the film, along with Nomi and maybe a child, who might be a clone of Madeleine.
Sign In or Register to comment.