Petition for a new bond game

Petition for a new bond game

We totally need this, we haven't had a new bond game since 2012.

https://www.change.org/p/eon-productions-re-license-007-james-bond-video-games

Comments

• PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,227MI6 Agent
    I agree, its been far too long since we had a decent James Bond video game. I really wish that Scientific Games( who hold the license now) would reach out the fans and give us something. With the longer periods between the movies now, the video games have helped me get through them.
  • KladdaghKladdagh FrancePosts: 117MI6 Agent
    I'm good for ... YES, We need another Bond Game ... Cheers everyone -{
    ~Never Let Them See You Bleed~
  • You'veHadYourSixYou'veHadYourSix Posts: 79MI6 Agent
    Never say never, but it doesnt look like this will happen
    In the imminent future.

What would you want out of a bond game??

I thought maybe a Lego james bond game, where each of the bonds gets 5-6 levels for one of the bond films.
    Sean- Thunderball
    George-Majestys
    Roger- The Spy Who Loved me
    Tim Dalton- Living Daylights
    Pierce- Tomorrow never dies
    Daniel- SPECTRE.

And make it in the same vein as other lego games so it appeals to a mass audience and younger audience too.
    I can't noone has thought to marry James Bond and Lego in a Videogame. We've had a million star wars games and superheroes so why not.

Heres for hoping.
  • Alex006Alex006 Posts: 156MI6 Agent
    Meh, not a big fan of Lego games to be honest. They are cute and novel at first, but never fully engage me in the storytelling.

Me personally, I'd love to see Tell-Tale Games take a shot at the franchise, or a similar company in that vein. Since a common complaint for Bond games is that their prerequisite Rambo blood frenzy tends to make Brosnan's Bond look positively conservative on bullets by comparison, it would allow for Bond to actually resemble his cinematic counterpart.

Alternatively, I always thought the Hitman games were very Bond-esque. Specifically, the 2016 game and its sequel.
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,227MI6 Agent
    I really hope whatever we get in the near future has both a good single player and multiplayer mode. As someone had played the original Goldeneye 007 for the Nintendo 64 in the late 1990's multiplayer is always a plus in my book. Plus I would really like some unlockable content in the next game Activision really skipped over during their tenure (apart from the Nintendo DS version of Goldeneye 2010) and it is something a lot of fans look forward to. Nightfire had some great unlockable content ranging from stronger weapons and gadgets to artwork, and more. Everything Or Nothing also did great in this department, with alternate costumes for the characters, upgraded weapons for vehicles and cheats like unlimited ammo.
    PPK 7.65mm wrote:
    I really hope whatever we get in the near future has both a good single player and multiplayer mode. As someone had played the original Goldeneye 007 for the Nintendo 64 in the late 1990's multiplayer is always a plus in my book. Plus I would really like some unlockable content in the next game Activision really skipped over during their tenure (apart from the Nintendo DS version of Goldeneye 2010) and it is something a lot of fans look forward to. Nightfire had some great unlockable content ranging from stronger weapons and gadgets to artwork, and more. Everything Or Nothing also did great in this department, with alternate costumes for the characters, upgraded weapons for vehicles and cheats like unlimited ammo.

Absolutely adore Nightfire still play it with my nephews ages 8 & 9 to this day.

Your right about the unlockables was putting the cheat codes in to get all characters and maps haha.
    PPK 7.65mm wrote:

Absolutely adore Nightfire still play it with my nephews ages 8 & 9 to this day.

Your right about the unlockables was putting the cheat codes in to get all characters and maps haha.
  • Tech SilverTech Silver Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    James Bond 007: Nightfire - that's a blast from the past!

I primarily got the PS2 for watching DVDs; but this was one of the handful of games I played & completed on the PS2
  • Tech SilverTech Silver Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    Unfortunately if Scientific Games hold the licence:

https://www.sggaming.com/games/scientific-games/james-bond-game-series

They'll create more gambling machines or a mobile phone gambling / loot box type game

EA / Activision might have their faults, but at least they made "proper" 007 video games
  • JB1106340JB1106340 Posts: 434MI6 Agent
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/2017/11/21/nightfire-forgotten-video-game-could-save-james-bond-films-terminal/

Great article from a couple of years ago. Might already have been shared further back but looks at how the films can develop post Daniel Craig.