Empty tube

Did anyone else notice that the tube which almost crashes into Bond is empty?
There's just a "driver" or whatever it's called, in the front.
What coul possibly be the reason to use an empty train?

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I believe there is an "Out Of Service " sign at the front, But I've
    never looked that closely myself. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,308MI6 Agent
    Yeah, loads have noticed that. Guess you couldn't have mass fatalities, plus Bond would have to stick around and help out (though it being Craig, one wouldn't bet on it). Plus had the Olympics yielded a Tube attack, it would be in bad taste.

Still, in the rush hour? Guess the out of service thing covers it.

That's another thing that irked me, Q sniping that Bond doesn't usually use the Tube, like he's Royalty. Thing is, Craig looks not out of place being a bit of an everyman, plus it plays up to the idea that Bond is some snooty type who swans around in limos, I don't go for that personally.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Well Bond did try and help The agent Bleeding to death in Instanbul.
    So he's not totally heartless. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • NeverSayDieNeverSayDie Posts: 495MI6 Agent
    It says Out of Service on the front.
    An out of Serice tube at the height of rush hour is quite typical.
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    Guess you couldn't have mass fatalities, plus Bond would have to stick around and help out (though it being Craig, one wouldn't bet on it). Plus had the Olympics yielded a Tube attack, it would be in bad taste.

I believe it relates less to the Olympics and more to the London bombings of the 7th July 2005, in which bombs were detonated on three tube trains and also a London bus killing 52 people. It would surely have been seen as controversial, insensitive, and in bad taste if the tube train in Skyfall had been full of passengers.
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • goldmembergoldmember Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    Problem solved then... :D
    But still, I find it strange it's out of service in the middle of the rush hour, but I guess that could be possible.
    Just one thing; why would it drive when it's out of service ( it could also be possible of couse) but I don't see the logic in it.
  • NeverSayDieNeverSayDie Posts: 495MI6 Agent
    If you've ever been to London you'd see this happen all the time and with buses too. Rush hour and they are out of service.