Our new James Bond is...

Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent

According to this article, Aaron Taylor-Johnson has filmed the gun barrel sequence in preparation for his announcement as the new James Bond in March 2023.

Personally I don't think this has happened yet. I don't believe EON have even made a decision on who Bond will be let alone filmed this sequence, but I thought this may be fun to discuss.

Or perhaps the article is correct and those more in the know here can verify?

Thoughts?

Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
Bond: “I must be dreaming.”

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,840MI6 Agent

I don't belive the news about ATJ, but I expect him to get a screentest next year.

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,743MI6 Agent
    edited December 2022

We're already discussing this tabloid story in the 'who do you want as the new Bond' thread. As there's no reputable source for this yet I would very much file it in the 'rumour' bin at the moment.

• Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    edited December 2022

Ahh sorry. I must have missed that when I searched the forums to see if this was already posted.

EDIT: So I checked that thread again and while someone did mention ATJ as a possible new Bond, there was no reference there to this new story that I posted.

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,977MI6 Agent

discussion begins here, with a Daily Mail article claiming he's already had a "secret screen test".

March 2023 isn't that far away, seems much quicker than EON's usual leisurely schedule

• Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    edited December 2022

As stated previously, I checked that thread and there was no mention of ATJ filming the gun barrel sequence as per the story link I posted.

I realize talk about ATJ as Bond has been ongoing for awhile in that thread. But there's never before been any news of him filming the gun barrel sequence before today.

It's also been over a year now since NTTD came out, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that they have made a decision on who the next Bond will be.

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,743MI6 Agent
    edited December 2022

The gunbarrel story (which is nonsense, why would they do that?) was in The Sun story several days ago, which these other publications have been parroting. There’s no reason to think this is true.

• Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent

I don't understand why they'd film a gunbarrel to announce a new Bond. Usually they like to have press conferences to announce a new Bond. The gun barrel can be filmed after and used as a teaser in movie theaters. Kind of like Brosnan with Goldeneye. But in that one I don't recall a gun barrel. I remember Brosnan walking out on a white screen. Can't recall the words on the screen but Brosnan shot away the lettering to show 007. Then he he said "We're you expecting someone else?"

Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,338MI6 Agent

It's too early to be filming anything usable. I did like when they used a special gunbarrel for trailers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGvV-JWOze4