Stavros Blofeld Imitations

DovyDovy Posts: 206MI6 Agent
edited January 2023 in General James Bond Chat

Where could I find imitations and parodies of SPECTRE and Blofeld? I just thought about it when seeing Klaus Schwab of the World Economic Forum as a parody of Blofeld. It's pretty funny.....I am aware that KONTROL on Get Smart was intended as a parody of SPECTRE .....

Comments

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,976MI6 Agent
    edited January 2023

KAOS was the evil organisation in Get Smart

Max and 99 worked for CONTROL, dedicated to the cause of Niceness

Max's recurring nemesis in KAOS was Siegfried, played by Bernie Koppell (later Doc in the Love Boat)

Max and Siegfried were frenemies, they would often chitchat politely about life in the spy business before Siegfried betrayed Max yet again.

(lets see if I can hyperlink to an image of Siegfreid instead of uploading a photo)

• DovyDovy Posts: 206MI6 Agent
    edited January 2023

Right you are. I forgot KAOS. So there were spoofs or imitations of Blofeld. I assume Moneypenny was the basis for Agent 99.

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,489Chief of Staff

@Dovy, have you seen the Matt Helm film "The Silencers"? Or perhaps "Carry On Spying"? These have good early examples.

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,976MI6 Agent

watch this Monty Python sketch, particularly Graham Chapman's entrance at 5:55 as The Big Cheese, accompanied by his white rabbit floppsy

• HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,886Chief of Staff

Of course, Dr. Evil from the Austin Powers movies is a straight-up Blofeld parody--down to the bald head, scar, and (formerly) white cat.

Vox clamantis in deserto
  • JellyfishJellyfish EnglandPosts: 465MI6 Agent

The British sketch show That Mitchell & Webb Look showed the mundane side of being an evil genius that we never saw in the Bond films: