Has Barbara completely lost interest?

2»

Comments

• kristopherm3kristopherm3 Posts: 156MI6 Agent

I like every Bond film up to and including Quantum. Skyfall was my first taste of disappointment and it only went downhill from there.

• HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,332MI6 Agent

This is a really interesting analogy and you might be on to something. It's all pretty well sewn up should the family decide to sell it off.

That said, the big difference is the heirs of rock stars can only be catalog custodians, whereas the Eon camp can forge new entries that are as valuable as the back catalog, if not more so. Which is what Barbara and Michael did with the Craig era.

Whether you care for her choices or not, Barbara Broccoli made the Bond franchise matter again to the world at large, and made it bigger than it's been since Connery. I think she's on the precipice of damaging the "value" if they don't soon figure out how to wave in kids again, but that chapter has yet to be written.

• HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent

Barbara is only 63 which is not old by movie producer standards. How much Michael Wilson's sons and Barbara's daughter get involved with the franchise is anyone's guess but I don't think that Barbara is moving on anytime soon. Hopefully we will get some actual news regarding the where the franchise is heading after the Writer's strike is settled.