Quantum of Solace Ryder III question

WooperthWooperth Posts: 18MI6 Agent

I am about to cash in for the famous Ryder III boots from Quantum of Solace but I have a question about the ones used on screen.

Is it known, or can it be deduced from looking at the ones on screen, whether Daniel Craig was wearing the regular F fit or the wider G fit boots?

Cheers.

Comments

• WooperthWooperth Posts: 18MI6 Agent

I am sure that I can fit into both but I am a little obsessed with getting the screen accurate pair.

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,093MI6 Agent

Wear what fits you best. If you were going full screen accurate you'd need his length boot as well.

That being said, I am sure DC wore an F fit. He's worn a lot of Nike sneaker boots in his personal life. From my experience they run a bit narrow. I have wide feet size 11.5US, and even a size 13 was still too narrow for me.

Okay, thanks for reassuring me. If there are any others who have any insight it would be comforting and appreciated before I purchase.

Okay, I think I will bump the thread just to see if any others have any information before I start wearing them. I think that I can fit into either sizes just fine but I want the screen used sizing for mine.

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,162MI6 Agent

Hi Wooperth,

I admire your dedication to getting SA, but I would certainly echo @Westward_Drift and say wear the fit that actually fits you. You have to be as comfortable as possible when wearing them. If a G fits you better than an F, then why wear an F and feel even slightly uncomfortable wearing them, especially at that price!

Moreover, unless you wear the exact same shoe size as DC, then your pair won't be screen accurate. One final thing DC's Ryders are from 2005/2006 so would these be of an ever so slightly different colour due to tanning/leather used in 2005/06 compared to the 2023 models? Will the laces be exactly the same? A lot of specific detail to consider I know, but I think G or F fit will be least noticeable aspect of whether these look/are 100% screen accurate or not.

Just my thoughts anyway👍️

"Any of the opposition around..?"

I know that that would be the rational way of looking at it, but I think like many enthusiasts I am not rational. Hahaha. The deal is that I have never owned a pair of Chukkas before so I am not exactly sure how the fit is supposed to be. The standard fit is not too snug but it is still fairly snug, which I guess is okay.

Are there any telltale details that give away from the stills whether the on screen ones are the F or G fit?

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent

WD is right.

Looking at the various shoes DC wears it's as 100% as can be sure an f fit

But buying a poor fit for your feet isn't the way to go. If they fit snug but comfortable that's ok. They will stretch out a little. But given the build quality it isn't quick.

Defo go with what fits.

The boots from QoS do differ to the current ones for sale... Colour, leather etc ..

What size do you need length wise?

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.