The Knives of Bond

Hi Guys!

Thought you Bond fans may enjoy watching this video I did with David Zaritsky of "The Bond Experience" on the various knives used throughout the franchise. Just click on the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8CMXRCeJ0A

Comments

• Tato007Tato007 France Posts: 371MI6 Agent

Love it ! And I like knives too, and you have some I don’t have and some you’ve made so I don’t have too..

• Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,884MI6 Agent

Wonderful items--as always. Who was that dude who interviewed you? Seemed like a nice fellow.

Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,733MI6 Agent

That was great, thank you. I'm not a knife person so it was interesting how recognisable so many of those still were to me.

• Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,168MI6 Agent

Fantastic video guys, quite a few pieces I hadn't discovered yet. Surprised I have one that isn't shown here, intend to reveal it later on in the year. Most recent purchase was the shorter, blue-handled Voit knife. Sadly, over the years have had a few not get through customs - ones which should have.

Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
  • B549WUUB549WUU Posts: 196MI6 Agent

Great video Ed and David (David and Ed?) - do you happen to have any more photos or info on the Dr No dinner knife - quite a fun little prop to have.

many thanks

Her Majesty’s loyal terrier, defender of the so called faith.

• bondsan65bondsan65 Head of Station BPosts: 38MI6 Agent

Very Very interesting video. So many things to learn from you. Good job Ed 🙏.

Refreshing to hear there's one subject you're not an expert on...
  • thespyboys11thespyboys11 Lindenwold,NJPosts: 1,845MI6 Agent

Thank you guys!!! So glad you all enjoyed the video. It was fun to do and not only gave me the chance to show of my collection but to let you know which ones I now offer.

Quentin, there are a bunch of knives I still need to add to he collection. Some, I fear may never make it into the collection as they are unrecognizable to me as yet such the NTTD Boot knife.

I compiled a comprehensive list of all the knives throughout the franchise and slowly check them off as I obtain them.

Simon, the Dr. No dinner knife is totally my representation of what "Could" have been on the table. I chose a Sheffield knife due to the quality of their steel.

Thanks again!!!

Ed

What is the one with the Lara cord handle that they say Craig hands over? I didn’t catch which film that’s from. QoS I guess?

• JellyfishJellyfish EnglandPosts: 465MI6 Agent

Quantum of Solace, but blink and you'll miss it. It's in a case/sheath/holster (?) so we don't even see the knife. Bond gives it to the MI6 agents in the hotel before he gives them all a pasting in the lift and runs off.

https://screenmusings.org/movie/blu-ray/Quantum-of-Solace/images/Quantum-of-Solace-1645.jpg

Thanks! That was my guess when Ed says he hands it over, but I didn't catch if they said it.

(Not sure what happened with the autocorrect there: paracord 😁 )

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

Fabulous video. So informative. I learned so much and really enjoyed it too. Thank you Ed and David!