Citadel TV Series

MailfistMailfist Posts: 241MI6 Agent

New action/spy series starring Richard Madden. Bit like Agents of SHIELD but basically its Richard Madden's audition for Bond. As auditions goes IMO he has passed with flying colours. Looks good in a suit and handles the action scenes really well. Now that he is a bit older and doesn't look so fresh faced has exactly the right look for Bond.

Comments

• HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent

Ironically, as good as one might think Madden is in Citadel series (and I think he would be a decent Bond) I would say that his being in that show basically would remove him from any consideration by EON for Bond. My only issue with Madden as Bond would be Madden comes off as humorless. Madden makes Craig and Dalton seem like a couple of nightclub comics.

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent

Black TF Harrington

Green suede TF Harrington

Poss the MI Fallout blue leather jacket

see where the influences are from lol

I thought it was pretty crap - had hopes would be good

Instagram - bondclothes007
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,728MI6 Agent
    edited June 2023

I made it in a couple of episodes, but it was such brain-dead mush that I had to bail too. I just couldn't think of a reason to keep going. I'm afraid I find Madden to be a charisma deadzone in this too: I think he's scuppered any chances he may have had at Bond just because of the poor job he does here. For some reason the colour timing artist has graded the whole thing in sickly green tones as well- genuinely: every shot is green.

I was watching it thinking 'why am I watching these two personality vacuums when they've got Stanley Tucci in it?' I want to be watching a superspy played by Tucci being suave and charming, mixing cocktails and wearing expensive shirts around Europe. Make that show, Amazon.

• Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    edited June 2023

I couldn’t get past the first episode. Why they forced Madden to use an American accent is beyond me, but it was very distracting! And as for the plot? I complete mash-up of Bourne Identity and the MI films. And not in a good way, or even neutral. Just bad.

Between this and LOTR, the “creative” team at Amazon is not draping itself in glory. Makes me hope for Purvis and Wade!!

• MailfistMailfist Posts: 241MI6 Agent

Series was disappointing. Agree that Madden was humourless but I put that down to the script and the character. Dalton wasn't exactly a bundle of laughs in LTK. With a good Bond script could be completely different.

I would watch Stanley Tucci reading the terms and conditions for a phone app.

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent
  • Matt BMatt B Posts: 372MI6 Agent

I watched the show and saw that he’s wearing my jacket! (The black TF Harrington).