Re: Donk's Modest Bond collection

Collection updated on post no:01  ajb007/martini

Finally, a thread with 'bond toys' in it that doesn't turn me to violent intent  ajb007/biggrin

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

Great updates Donk, Thanks for sharing  ajb007/martini  Keep em coming  ajb007/smile

Knowing who to trust is Everything in this business.       

TIS  - "The moment you think you got it figured - you're wrong"

very nice Donk  ajb007/martini

thats a nice Gilbert Thunderball Jetpack set - way cool!!!

I recognise that Red boxed Odd job - hehe I sold that to Justin - still got a red and black shrinkwrapped.

Old toys don't disappear they just get richer owners!   ajb007/lol

terrific collection - one day I'll get an invite  ajb007/martini

Donk's Archive is like mecca  ajb007/biggrin  or dungeon  ajb007/lol  cant quite make my mind up

danjaq_0ff wrote:

Donk's Archive is like mecca  ajb007/biggrin  or dungeon  ajb007/lol  cant quite make my mind up

It's more like a lair  ajb007/biggrin   Whatever it is... it's the coolest place on the planet for sure!!

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

Asp9mm wrote:
danjaq_0ff wrote:

It's more like a lair  ajb007/biggrin   Whatever it is... it's the coolest place on the planet for sure!!

+1

Cool dolls sweetchuck!

When's the toys coming out? ajb007/biggrin

'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
www.helpforheroes.org.uk
www.cancerresearchuk.org

minigeff wrote:

Cool dolls sweetchuck!

When's the toys coming out? ajb007/biggrin

Dunno DaddyMicro...where dya put the batteries?  ajb007/biggrin

Asp9mm wrote:
danjaq_0ff wrote:

Oh Shucks!  ajb007/heart

Collection updated on post no:01  ajb007/martini

Bloody hell Donk, where do you hide this stuff  ajb007/lol  I thought you had most of it on display  ajb007/amazed

danjaq_0ff wrote:

Bloody hell Donk, where do you hide this stuff  ajb007/lol  I thought you had most of it on display  ajb007/amazed

False walls mate  ajb007/biggrin

False what Donk  ajb007/biggrin

Again - a real pleasure to see this stuff - thanks  ajb007/martini

YNWA: Justice For The 96

Sometimes no news is just bad news taking it's fvcking time

http://s4.postimg.org/ly1j3dmhl/New_Image.jpg

At first glance these both look like the Corgi Juniors packaged 1001 James Bond Aston Martin DB6 however the first diecast issued in 1968 is technically the 3rd and in my opinion the superior variant of the Husky Bond DB6 with metal wheels and rubber tyres & matt silver coachwork, this example being made for the American market, the baseplate featuring a Corgi Juniors sticker covering the husky branding. The second diecast issued in 1970 featured metalic silver coachwork, a new casting for the baseplate featuring Corgi Juniors branding and the less aesthetically pleasing Whizzwheels. Not surprising the first diecast which I class as a transitional model for the Husky/Corgi Juniors change over is the rarer version which took this collector many years to source  ajb007/martini

Last edited by ppw3o6r (3rd May 2013 16:41)

They look really nice, The 1001 with metal wheels and rubber tyres is still on my list of items to get. I do have the whizzwheels carded version but with non chromed wheels.
Thanks for sharing the pic  ajb007/martini

One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.

Very cool Donk  ajb007/martini

I have a set of them wheels on my Golf  ajb007/biggrin

AWESOME COLLECTION!!! Always great to see these items!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice Buddy, good to see you got the 68 version at last, they appear to be reaching hen's teeth levels of rarity.

Defo one of my favorites that also made an equally rare appearance in the Husky Crime Busters set

ppw3o6r wrote:

http://s4.postimg.org/ly1j3dmhl/New_Image.jpg

At first glance these both look like the Corgi Juniors packaged 1001 James Bond Aston Martin DB6 however the first diecast issued in 1968 is technically the 3rd and in my opinion the superior variant of the Husky Bond DB6 with metal wheels and rubber tyres & matt silver coachwork, this example being made for the American market, the baseplate featuring a Corgi Juniors sticker covering the husky branding. The second diecast issued in 1970 featured metalic silver coachwork, a new casting for the baseplate featuring Corgi Juniors branding and the less aesthetically pleasing Whizzwheels. Not surprising the first diecast which I class as a transitional model for the Husky/Corgi Juniors change over is the rarer version which took this collector many years to source  ajb007/martini

You got one at last!!  your other extra is different to mine as yours has the chrome on the wheels where mine is black....

I'll dig out a photo of the black wheels

Hey Donk,

My vote for one of the rarest juniors is the one in the Heroes Giftset - whats your vote?

Voituer wrote:

Hey Donk,

My vote for one of the rarest juniors is the one in the Heroes Giftset - whats your vote?

Well once I would have said the Husky/Corgi Juniors 1001 but realistically I guess it has to be the carded 1010 OHMSS VW Beetle. I remember seeing one at the Lea Valley collectors fair back in 1984 for I think 60 Quid but did not know what the hell it was & passed on it...Dohhh!  ajb007/frown

Boy, those bring back memories.  I remember having the older Corgi Jr and lost it in the garden.  My mother got me the new version and I was really disappointed with the plastic and wheels.  It didn't go anywhere near as fast down that plastic loop the loop track I had screwed to the edge of the dining room table.