426

Re: The Gadget Meister Tribute Prop Only Thread

thespyboys11 wrote:

Been awhile since I posted any photos....two props I recently completed.
The Moonraker Laser pistol and the Thunderball Radioactive tracking Pill Display.                                                 
https://s9.postimg.cc/5q8zeckt7/IMG_1724.jpg

https://s9.postimg.cc/6sj5wwbcb/IMG_1725.jpg

https://s9.postimg.cc/cgpgnsnej/IMG_1726.jpg

https://s9.postimg.cc/x0uamay0r/IMG_1727.jpg

https://s9.postimg.cc/th8cwhnl7/IMG_1728.jpg

https://s9.postimg.cc/ey17v39vv/IMG_1729.jpg
WOW!

https://s9.postimg.cc/ujijf0yor/IMG_1730.jpg

https://s9.postimg.cc/xqd2yodzv/IMG_1731.jpg

https://s9.postimg.cc/8x3iy12p7/IMG_1732.jpg
                                           
https://s9.postimg.cc/3yg0jkjhn/007-_TB_Radioactive_Tracking_Pill_11.jpg

https://s9.postimg.cc/km7im2lyz/007-_TB_Radioactive_Tracking_Pill_12.jpg

@jamesbondclassified

427

Re: The Gadget Meister Tribute Prop Only Thread

Really nice Ed!!  ajb007/martini



Dufus wrote:

Fantastic, great work!

I'm trying to decide what I should have a go at - something simple to begin with I think  ajb007/rolleyes

To begin with simple...

https://s26.postimg.cc/xdp88fkd5/saitek_megagrip_iii_mx_230_joystick.jpg
there is even online tutorials  ajb007/cheers

1.GE 2.FRWL 3.CR 4.FYEO 5.LALD 6.TSWLM
7.GF 8.TLD 9.TND 10.SF

"Where’s Fekkesh?” “Pyramids.” *thwap* “AHHHHHHH!”

428

Re: The Gadget Meister Tribute Prop Only Thread

I was thinking the radio from Skyfall - the small one issued to Bond by Q (because it’s a simple shape, electronics required to light it seem simple too)

A straightforward start??

My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6

429

Re: The Gadget Meister Tribute Prop Only Thread

Amazing work, Ed  ajb007/amazed  ajb007/martini

YNWA 96

The Unbearables

430

Re: The Gadget Meister Tribute Prop Only Thread

Dufus
Even the apparently simple props have their difficulties.  Spring loaded aerial rhat will latch down and release on button press.  Green LED that also operates on same button press.  More to it than meets the eye.

I would suggest something along the lines of the QOS Oil Can.  Plenty of reference material out there and is a good start for brushing up on your chosen graphics package.  Plenty of sealed donor cans available from auto stores.  Personally I started with the GE Remote Mine, which I initially found challenging but came together nicely in the end.  Second was the DAF Bombe Surprise, 15 years on it’s finished apart from the clock and I’m still looking for that, no-oneever said it would be easy LOL

Good luck on whatever you go for, your results are always welcome in this thread  ajb007/cheers

431

Re: The Gadget Meister Tribute Prop Only Thread

Gadget Meister wrote:

Dufus
Even the apparently simple props have their difficulties.  Spring loaded aerial rhat will latch down and release on button press.  Green LED that also operates on same button press.  More to it than meets the eye.

I would suggest something along the lines of the QOS Oil Can.  Plenty of reference material out there and is a good start for brushing up on your chosen graphics package.  Plenty of sealed donor cans available from auto stores.  Personally I started with the GE Remote Mine, which I initially found challenging but came together nicely in the end.  Second was the DAF Bombe Surprise, 15 years on it’s finished apart from the clock and I’m still looking for that, no-oneever said it would be easy LOL

Good luck on whatever you go for, your results are always welcome in this thread  ajb007/cheers

Thanks for sharing your experience - as ever these things appear far simpler than they are! I have huge admiration for all of you who create such amazing replicas; real talent.

My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6

432

Re: The Gadget Meister Tribute Prop Only Thread

Would it be possible for the Admin to move other prop threads such as the Attaché' case, GE Piton Belt, SPECTRE Control switch, etc., etc. into this forum?  --Ed

433

Re: The Gadget Meister Tribute Prop Only Thread

What? You mean to say you don’t enjoy wading through mounds and mounds of Clothes Horse threads .......... you do surprise me  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

BTW way Ed, someone has been selling resin casts of the correct greebly on the back of the MR Drax Laser Pistol of FleaBay

434

Re: The Gadget Meister Tribute Prop Only Thread

Gadget Meister wrote:

What? You mean to say you don’t enjoy wading through mounds and mounds of Clothes Horse threads .......... you do surprise me  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

BTW way Ed, someone has been selling resin casts of the correct greebly on the back of the MR Drax Laser Pistol of FleaBay

THAT's why I call it eCray. Amazing!

Visit Cairo's TSWLM locations and explore our upcoming Double O Seven Fan Conventions!

435

Re: The Gadget Meister Tribute Prop Only Thread

I have just finished A paper props from TWINE, from the beginning at the Sir Robert King’s funerals
https://s31.postimg.cc/6t27gjm1j/3_A8_C3_FF6-_EC2_D-4150-_B5_F6-_C8_DF4_F18275_B.jpg

https://s31.postimg.cc/z5xp6yprb/9_BB7274_F-92_FC-480_B-93_CA-241_E691_DA17_F.jpg

https://s31.postimg.cc/ii674isfr/9_DAA8523-178_A-48_E0-_A87_D-33_C2_DE2_A4051.jpg

436

Re: The Gadget Meister Tribute Prop Only Thread

thespyboys11 wrote:

Would it be possible for the Admin to move other prop threads such as the Attaché' case, GE Piton Belt, SPECTRE Control switch, etc., etc. into this forum?  --Ed

Despite my issue with the space station post I'm actually okay with prop posts living on their own the main board; folding them in here really does stand to turn the thing into all clothes all the time. Besides, what do you then do with the sales category? Do the replicas and so on which appear there now get listed here?

Last edited by PoorMansJB (17th May 2018 17:06)

437

Re: The Gadget Meister Tribute Prop Only Thread

Gadget Meister wrote:

... someone has been selling resin casts of the correct greebly on the back of the MR Drax Laser Pistol of FleaBay

Do you have any links or other info on those? I need to obtain a set; the only thing standing between me and finishing my Drax laser pistol (ya, the only thing, right, that's really it, sure ...)

Last edited by PoorMansJB (7th Jul 2018 10:44)

438

Re: The Gadget Meister Tribute Prop Only Thread

Alan, seller was “lizamira” but hasn’t been active for a year, you maybe able to contact him thru eBay, they were £10 a pair.

439

Re: The Gadget Meister Tribute Prop Only Thread

Gadget Meister wrote:

Alan, seller was “lizamira” but hasn’t been active for a year, you maybe able to contact him thru eBay, they were £10 a pair.

Good news: He's still active on eBay and responded to me almost immediately.
Bad news: He's asking if I can send an image to remind him of the part in question.

I can find one sorta blurry shot of someone's replica here on AJB. I'm sure I've seen crisp images but Google isn't turning-up anything.

Anyone have a good reference shot of this greeblie?

440

Re: The Gadget Meister Tribute Prop Only Thread

https://s15.postimg.cc/nuqbxvxiv/CAT_1.jpg

As I've just made a double post thought I'd swap one of them for something more fitting for this thread.

Last edited by Aston Martin DBS (8th Jun 2018 09:20)

"NEVER SAY NO TO ADVENTURES." Ian Fleming

Check Out My New Look 007 Blog BOND MISCELLANY

441

Re: The Gadget Meister Tribute Prop Only Thread

Just got the Satellite Control Tape from
Diamonds Are Forever - and just win the Tape Player Blofeld listens to it on off EBay too!

Does anyone on here do replicas if he Maching cassette covers and if so how much please?
https://s15.postimg.cc/e7mtoep6f/E9_D7840_E-_D897-4_DBA-_B2_D7-_EC9_FC85_DC7_E6.jpg

"NEVER SAY NO TO ADVENTURES." Ian Fleming

Check Out My New Look 007 Blog BOND MISCELLANY

442

Re: The Gadget Meister Tribute Prop Only Thread

Aston Martin DBS wrote:

Just got the Satellite Control Tape from
Diamonds Are Forever - and just win the Tape Player Blofeld listens to it on off EBay too!

Does anyone on here do replicas if he Maching cassette covers and if so how much please?
https://s15.postimg.cc/e7mtoep6f/E9_D7840_E-_D897-4_DBA-_B2_D7-_EC9_FC85_DC7_E6.jpg

I’d also be interested in the Marching Band Cassette Box too...

443

Re: The Gadget Meister Tribute Prop Only Thread

UNCLE27 wrote:
Aston Martin DBS wrote:

Just got the Satellite Control Tape from
Diamonds Are Forever - and just win the Tape Player Blofeld listens to it on off EBay too!

Does anyone on here do replicas if he Maching cassette covers and if so how much please?
https://s15.postimg.cc/e7mtoep6f/E9_D7840_E-_D897-4_DBA-_B2_D7-_EC9_FC85_DC7_E6.jpg

I’d also be interested in the Marching Band Cassette Box too...

Wouldn't mind betting that Ed of thespyboys11 could assist you on this one  ajb007/martini

444

Re: The Gadget Meister Tribute Prop Only Thread

I do the full set - Case Inlay and self adhesive cassette lables.  The inlay image is sourced from the original photo so is the best quality/resolution available.  The labels are correct with the Side 1 having ‘The Worlds Greatest Marches’ printed and Side 2 blank as per the screen seen item. I can only do the labels/inlay as I ran out of cases and cassettes some years ago. However they should be easy enough to source. Cost is £15 + P&P, but please give me a couple of weeks as in the process of being made redundant.  Order by PM inc address and email and I’ll bill you from there.  Do NOT send any funds until billed as due to the above the timeline may slip but not too far.  If you contact Ed he will just refer you over to me.

445

Re: The Gadget Meister Tribute Prop Only Thread

Best I can find from the original eBay sale, let me know if you need more hi-res and I’ll have to take some fresh phots,  if you let him know that Ed is looking for several pairs as well to make a run worthwhile/cheaper.


https://s15.postimg.cc/9jq4eth2v/6_FDE4354-30_B6-436_D-_AD87-_E926_F89_FFCF4.jpg

Last edited by Gadget Meister (9th Jun 2018 11:54)

446

Re: The Gadget Meister Tribute Prop Only Thread

- WIP -

Here a simple prop in progress.
https://s26.postimg.cc/z607e1061/1528539638318.png

I'm still looking for the correct yellow material to attach the patch to a "suit scrap".
https://s26.postimg.cc/bf0tvvxe1/1528539457112.png

I'm blocked for the patch weathering... Any idea about a weathering technique that would not wash the colors ?  ajb007/confused

1.GE 2.FRWL 3.CR 4.FYEO 5.LALD 6.TSWLM
7.GF 8.TLD 9.TND 10.SF

"Where’s Fekkesh?” “Pyramids.” *thwap* “AHHHHHHH!”

447

Re: The Gadget Meister Tribute Prop Only Thread

Gadget Meister wrote:

I do the full set - Case Inlay and self adhesive cassette lables.  The inlay image is sourced from the original photo so is the best quality/resolution available.  The labels are correct with the Side 1 having ‘The Worlds Greatest Marches’ printed and Side 2 blank as per the screen seen item. I can only do the labels/inlay as I ran out of cases and cassettes some years ago. However they should be easy enough to source. Cost is £15 + P&P, but please give me a couple of weeks as in the process of being made redundant.  Order by PM inc address and email and I’ll bill you from there.  Do NOT send any funds until billed as due to the above the timeline may slip but not too far.  If you contact Ed he will just refer you over to me.

Correct!!!!   Andy is the one to contact for the PERFECT cassette case. I used to offer them but after seeing Andy's...I refer those wanting them to him. I personally have his in my collection. --Ed

448

Re: The Gadget Meister Tribute Prop Only Thread

Here a pic, found during some random search, of what I believe is a original functional prop   ajb007/bond


https://s26.postimg.cc/cntftot09/1526456501116.png

Last edited by Alex1995 (5th Jul 2018 11:52)

1.GE 2.FRWL 3.CR 4.FYEO 5.LALD 6.TSWLM
7.GF 8.TLD 9.TND 10.SF

"Where’s Fekkesh?” “Pyramids.” *thwap* “AHHHHHHH!”

449

Re: The Gadget Meister Tribute Prop Only Thread

Alex1995 wrote:

Here a pic, found during some random search, of what I believe is a original functional prop   ajb007/bond

Looks like something from Blake's 7.

450

Re: The Gadget Meister Tribute Prop Only Thread

Alex1995 wrote:

- WIP -

I'm still looking for the correct yellow material to attach the patch to a "suit scrap".

I'm blocked for the patch weathering... Any idea about a weathering technique that would not wash the colors ?  ajb007/confused

The "yellow" fabric is really more of a dark mustard in person.
You might consider distressing the white fabric first, then printing it.