Re: Daniel Craig is in a new movie called The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Thunderpussy wrote:

Sorry, I must be missing something. Craig has made some smart choices  and will eclipse Bond.  ajb007/rolleyes

Could anyone name another film he's made that has had a Huge boxoffice success
For such a serious actor ( slaps Thighs ) he's made some crap
C&A, Tin Tin, the golden compass, I'd say he's going for popularity( these arn't serious parts, just Popcorn movies ) and the big Bucks rather than any Deep meaningful roles. I can imagine the derision directed at Brosnan if he'd done it during his Tenure.
apart from QOS i don't think Craig's  done an Arthouse movie  ajb007/lol
If he's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Popular, why do so many women stay away from his Movies, Along with men Obviously. Both straight and gay.
Like Many of the Others who've Played Bond , I think you'll find.
It's BOND that makes them a Star, Not the other way Round. It's the same when an Actor leaves a Soap, They are Big stars when they are in it But nobodies when they leave.
Connery had very little success in the 70's, Lazenby disapeared. Moore basicly retired, and Dalton went back to the theater. Even Brosnan is finding it had to find success without Bond.
I know I'm not going to make many friends But, I really think alot of people here at AJB are really Craig fans first, and Bond second.  ajb007/lol
He's just like any other actor, " I'm really a serious actor, Deep roles are what I'm after " then as soon as a Big wage packet comes in, they suddenly can't get enough of the popcorn, big budget movies  and " I need to know my cut of the Toys and DVD sales "  ajb007/lol
But I've said my piece and will wait for all the Craig ( Bromance) fans to come to his Defence. I know not many will back me up as Others who criticise "The great Actor" have discovered.  ajb007/wink

I'm certainly not part of the 'Bromance' contingent, and have often drawn flak due to my stated position that he is truly mis cast as Bond. However he will be the most successful Actor to play Bond, and looks set to fair best once his tenure is over. He has made a mixture of movies, appealing to differing audience profiles. I must confess that although I do think he has a strong cinematic prescence. I suspect that we may both be ' of a certain age' and in some ways  I don't 'get' Craig. My wife thinks he looks like a stocky footballer, but younger women seem to go for him. We are often in agreement re the Bondiverse. I do also feel that here any whiff of criticism is treated by some as heresy. However I feel that despite my misgivings ( which are limited to Craig as Bond) he does seem to be ' Mr Zeitgeist' My position re DC has softened, and I find myself surprised by how good he could be (23 needs a more refined approach )
When his time is over, which I think will be after 23 I won't be sad, but I won't be euphoric either.

I wonder how the DC period will be regarded in the years that follow?

I hope zaphod, when you say " we are both of a certin age" you mean like a fine wine and not a piece of old cheese  ajb007/lol
I do agree I just don't get the Craig thing, I can see why women would be attracted to, Connery Dalton Brosnan etc, But Craig !
Although I do have to thank him, because for the first time I can watch a Bond film and think I'm Better looking than the Star ajb007/lol
  Also re- reading my last post I think I sound a little preachy so I'll apologise for that.

1, OHMSS.  2,CR.   3, LTK.  4, Goldfinger.  5, Skyfall.

Thunderpussy wrote:

I hope zaphod, when you say " we are both of a certin age" you mean like a fine wine and not a piece of old cheese  ajb007/lol
I do agree I just don't get the Craig thing, I can see why women would be attracted to, Connery Dalton Brosnan etc, But Craig !
Although I do have to thank him, because for the first time I can watch a Bond film and think I'm Better looking than the Star ajb007/lol
  Also re- reading my last post I think I sound a little preachy so I'll apologise for that.

No need to apologise old bean I'mwith you all the way as to Craig being totally inappropriate for the role of Bond and as to what a great actor all he bloody does is grimace,pout and look bloody miserable [so thats where you have been going wrong Sir lawrence].

ExpatJB wrote:

It does in fact have the best trailer for a movie ever. IMHO.

Crank the volume.

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/th … oo/trailer

Tell me you dont want to see that!

Looks 'effin great. Will have to go and see that.

"Yes,dammit,I said "was".The bitch is dead now."

"It's not difficult to get a double 0 number if your prepared to kill people"

zig zag wrote:
ExpatJB wrote:

Crank the volume.

Looks 'effin great. Will have to go and see that.

Oh yeah. ajb007/cheers

And if its great, there will no doubt be 2 more to follow.

Dont wait for your ship to come in.  Swim out and meet the bloody thing.

Thought it funny walking past a poster for "Johnny English-Reborn" that Rowan Atkinson is now closer to Fleming's description of Bond than the current holder of the Post  ajb007/biggrin

Thunderpussy wrote:

Thought it funny walking past a poster for "Johnny English-Reborn" that Rowan Atkinson is now closer to Fleming's description of Bond than the current holder of the Post  ajb007/biggrin

True Dat. Bloody funny.

superdaddy wrote:
Thunderpussy wrote:

No need to apologise old bean I'mwith you all the way as to Craig being totally inappropriate for the role of Bond and as to what a great actor all he bloody does is grimace,pout and look bloody miserable [so thats where you have been going wrong Sir lawrence].

Well guys, sorry to burst your bubble...and your anti Craig rant.... but there are plenty of us girls who find Daniel VERY attractive. I have a key ring, with his picture on.... (yeh, I know.... ajb007/wink ) but it always gets a reaction, and usually of the "Oh he's lovely...." or other such comments that I won't post here.... ajb007/embarrassed

I'm not going to try and convince you otherwise, as I don't suppose my arguments would change your mind. You either get Craig, or you don't. He's not classically good looking, in the saccharine way that Pierce Brosnan is.... but then, not all women find him attractive either.

It's all a matter of taste and opinion - and I for one, (as are lots of other women) are happy that Craig, who is, to me, extremely attractive.... is Bond.
I guess you guys are just going to have to skip the next couple of instalments, caus I don't think he's going anywhere, and his popularity is most definitely growing....

ahh, feel better now, that has been bugging me all w/end ajb007/lol

“You get used to the rejection and you don't take it personally” ~ Daniel Craig
Coffee keeps me busy until it's acceptable to drink wine!

Bless you Lexi, You are correct it is all a matter of taste.  ajb007/biggrin

Mine is refined and sophisticated with the logical and precise development of the male mind.
Where as,
The female mind is Unlogical full of emotions. With thoughts about kittens and fluffy Bunnies.

( I don't really think this but I've established a bit of a reputation for being a bit of a neanderthal, so I have to keep it up ) ajb007/wink

So I'm off now to clean out Pigeon shed and take whippet for t'walk  ajb007/lol

Lexi wrote:
superdaddy wrote:
Thunderpussy wrote:

Well guys, sorry to burst your bubble...and your anti Craig rant.... but there are plenty of us girls who find Daniel VERY attractive. I have a key ring, with his picture on.... (yeh, I know.... ajb007/wink ) but it always gets a reaction, and usually of the "Oh he's lovely...." or other such comments that I won't post here.... ajb007/embarrassed

I'm not going to try and convince you otherwise, as I don't suppose my arguments would change your mind. You either get Craig, or you don't. He's not classically good looking, in the saccharine way that Pierce Brosnan is.... but then, not all women find him attractive either.

It's all a matter of taste and opinion - and I for one, (as are lots of other women) are happy that Craig, who is, to me, extremely attractive.... is Bond.
I guess you guys are just going to have to skip the next couple of instalments, caus I don't think he's going anywhere, and his popularity is most definitely growing....

ahh, feel better now, that has been bugging me all w/end ajb007/lol

Glad you like him Lexi alot of women and I mean alot think Celo Green is as hot as they come.
Celo for Bond,the campaign starts here.

How about Steve Buscemi. ajb007/tongue

Na ,looks to much like Craig, Celos the way to go.

then he could, write the theme tune. sing the theme tune .............................................  ajb007/lol

I don't think men are meant to know the vagaries of what's attractive to women or not.

As long as Craig is out there fighting the good fight on behalf of crinkly faced 40 something's from middle England then I'm happy.

Dont wait for your ship to come in.  Swim out and meet the bloody thing.

as a special treat for Lexi and all Craigs fans. So show there's no hard feelings here's the Man himself. In all his many Moods.  ajb007/biggrin

http://youtu.be/WzaOaOvmBlA

JohnNintendoNerd wrote:
The Domino Effect wrote:

I agree with Lexi, they are superb books, amongst the best I have read over the past 5 years or so. I have seen the first two original films and thought the first was excellent while the second disappointed a bit (but was still good). I really don't think it's necessary to remake the Swedish originals as they are brilliantly acted, beautifully shot and just damn good films...but I know that not everyone's into subtitles. Craig's casting will work well I believe, but ultimately I think one of the things that made "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" (book and film) as good as it was was its grittiness. I hope Hollywood doesn't wimp out and soften a nasty story unnecessarily.

The quality of a remake is always a crap-shoot. Nine times out of ten you'll end up with a bad remake by directors who don't give a poo but sometimes you end up with a good remake like Insomnia (2002) 3:10 to Yuma (2007) The Manchurian Candidate (2004) and True Grit (2010)

The best remake ever is the Departed!

You know in America it’s “bling, bling”, but out here it’s “bling, bang”.

Michael Caine voice" The Departed holds the record for a movie to win best picture at the oscars with the most swearing in it, not alot of people know that "  ajb007/lol

This movie just looks soooo good - can't wait to see it.

Now this is one movie that I hope will put Craig back in the limelight for the right reasons....-{

Latest news on movie

“You get used to the rejection and you don't take it personally” ~ Daniel Craig
Coffee keeps me busy until it's acceptable to drink wine!

I think it's sad to see Craig so sullen and drawn Looking, He's Normally so happy and Cheerful.   Still I suppose he must get in to the part. as opposed to getting his Part in to some ........................  Theres a dirty Joke here But I far too much of a gentleman to tell it.  ajb007/lol

Do you think I should read the book first, or see Craig's film first?

Bond: Mr. Mathis, there's something that's been worrying me...
Mathis: Yes?
Bond: Well, you're a French police inspector, yet you speak with an Italian accent.
Mathis: Mamma mia, it worries me, too.

Have not read the book but the Swedish films are superb!!

Napoleon Plural wrote:

Do you think I should read the book first, or see Craig's film first?

Definitely read the book to get all the details which I think the film will skim through. The Book is fantastic, by the way. Highly recommended.

Never theorize before you have data. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.

ExpatJB wrote:

Crank the volume.

I don't want to see that.  Although I did enjoy the Zepplin re-mix.  Also, why is this thread in the Skyfall topic area?

Barry Nelson wrote:

Also, why is this thread in the Skyfall topic area?

My thoughts exactly....so I'll move this thread...

Aevo rarissima nostro simplicitas
The higher the monkey climbs the more you can see its arse

YNWA: Justice For The 96

I've read the books and seen the original movies.  I think this remake has a tough road to follow.  The books are outstanding and the films were excellent.  Noomi Rapace's portrayal of Lisbeth Salander was spot on.  From watching the previews it seems to me they may be getting carried away with making Lisbeth too edgy which will make her less sympathetic.  Rapace found the sweet spot between edginess and vulnerability which really made the Swedish films work.  I am looking forward to seeing it though.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c245/pyrat/Bond/jbyacht3.jpg
Reflections in a double bourbon...