Izabella Stuff

Comments

• Willie GarvinWillie Garvin Posts: 1,412MI6 Agent
    edited February 2004
    Quoting Alex:
    Hey Mo and Willie, this is to get Monster out my mind!

[img=http://adorocinema.cidadeinternet.com.br/personalidades/atores/charlize-theron/charlize-theron02.jpg]:) (great film though I hear)[/img]

Yeah Alex,from what I've read,Charlize gives the performance of her career in Monster.Frankly,I think she's always been a good actress.That said,--and I certainly understand that Monster is a biographical film and thus the actress in the lead role should resemble the person being portrayed-- it's a shame a beautiful woman has to ugly herself up before she can be taken seriously by her fellow artistes.And I sincerely hope she gets the Academy Award.

It's very brave of Charlize to remove all the vestiges of her obvious good looks so that only her talent is on display,BUT male actors rarely find themselves in comparable situations.

W.G.
  • jetsetwillyjetsetwilly Liverpool, UKPosts: 1,048MI6 Agent
    Quoting Willie Garvin:
    ...it's a shame a beautiful woman has to ugly herself up before she can be taken seriously by her fellow artistes.And I sincerely hope she gets the Academy Award.

A sad trend, if you think about it: Nicole had to wear a false nose to win, Halle had to look scraggly and messy (and fight to be cast in the first place because she was too pretty), Julia Roberts had to dress like a tart and Hilary Swank had to dress as a boy. It's not a new thing though: Grace Kelly, perhaps the most glamorous and radiant film star of all, won her Oscar for being put-upon and down beat.

Charlize's career has long been one of those sad cases, like Rene Russo before her, of a talented, beautiful woman constantly relegated to second-banana roles with mediocre leading men (Mark Wahlberg, Keanu Reeves) because she's not being given the chance to break out of her beauty. I hope her new role gives her the credibility and profile boost she deserves.
    Founder of the Wint & Kidd Appreciation Society.

@merseytart
  • frostbittenfrostbitten Chateau d'EtchebarPosts: 286MI6 Agent
    Charlize was also quite good in the movie "Trapped", if my memory serves me right. And she didn't have to make herself ugly in that film. Maybe that's why it was never looked at by the Academy when it came time for nominations.
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    Found this purely by accident (honest :o), and just had to share it. It's huge, but who cares? :D

Kylie%26Danni.jpg
    unitedkingdom.png
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,811Chief of Staff
    Quoting Moonraker 5:
    It's huge, but who cares? :D

Please tell me you mean the photo Moonie :o
    YNWA 97
    Quoting Sir Miles:
    Please tell me you mean the photo Moonie :o
    Um, yeah, OK, if you want.
    unitedkingdom.png
  • ConneryConnery Posts: 62MI6 Agent
    edited February 2004
    Over a week with nothing! Josie to the rescue!

Bummer, try the link.
    http://www.josie-maran.com/intimissimi.htm
  • SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
    She's certainly cheered up my morning {[]

Who is she other than Josie Maran and a model?
    Simon
  • ConneryConnery Posts: 62MI6 Agent
    Quoting SiCo:
    She's certainly cheered up my morning {[]

Who is she other than Josie Maran and a model?
    What more might she need? :D ;)

I guess she's most noted for being the significant other of freaky-deaky magician/entertainer David Blaine (whose magic, according to Jacko, is REAL!). They're no longer together.

She's started doing some acting now, and she'll be in both Van Helsing (playing a vampire opposite Hugh Jackman - I believe I'll be seeing that one!) and Scorsese's The Aviator (but everyone's in that one) this year.
    Now that's one great reason to go see Van Helsing. I was about 80% sure I would go to that film, and now I'm 100% sure ;)
  • Willie GarvinWillie Garvin Posts: 1,412MI6 Agent
    Quoting frostbitten:
    Now that's one great reason to go see Van Helsing. I was about 80% sure I would go to that film, and now I'm 100% sure ;)

Me too.The gorgeous Josie's proof once again that God is a MAN.;)

W.G.
  • JamesbondmmJamesbondmm Posts: 294MI6 Agent
    edited February 2004
    Quoting Willie Garvin:
    Me too.The gorgeous Josie's proof once again that God is a MAN.;)

W.G.

:)) Nice!
  • ohmss1969ohmss1969 EuropePosts: 141MI6 Agent
    Check out this clip of Carmen Electra , she's sooo gorgeous , imo :

http://www.fhmus.com/video/interview.asp?cate=2&id=26
  • OstromiteOstromite Posts: 13MI6 Agent
    Wow, more than a week without a posting! Maybe this beloved thread is finally coming to an end.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,889Chief of Staff
    Think again, Ostromite. . .my Izzy is immortal!

(Translation: us guys always find excuses to post pix of half-nekkid wimmen!)
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • MoniqueMonique USAPosts: 696MI6 Agent
    edited March 2004
    OK, I'll help Izzy out and remind everyone that the Swimsuit Issue is out. Or as I like to call it...my wake up call to start working out again because bikini season will be upon us soon. :)

Enjoy-
    2004.jpgelsa_01.jpgmolly_02.jpgnoemie_01.jpgmarisa_05.jpgfrankie_02.jpgana_02.jpgfernanda_01.jpgana_00.jpg
    From looking at these SI swimsuit pictures, I have 2 questions:

a) Why do people keep calling this the Swimsuit Issue when the swimsuits are probably the last things that anybody ever notices? :)
    and
    b) Where is Petra Nemcova??? I haven't looked at the magazine yet, but from Monique's series of photos, it seems like the enchanting Ms. Nemcova didn't make this year's issue. Tell me this isn't so...
  • jetsetwillyjetsetwilly Liverpool, UKPosts: 1,048MI6 Agent
    Perhaps I'm being naive, but does the Sports Illustrated justify the swimsuit issue in any other way than "here are some hot babes!". I mean, do they pretend to be discussing real swimsuit trends in a sporting context, much like Britain's Daily Mail constantly does articles on women's underwear so it can print pics of sauceboxes? Please, someone, clarify!
    Founder of the Wint & Kidd Appreciation Society.

@merseytart
  • JamesbondmmJamesbondmm Posts: 294MI6 Agent
    Monique saves the day - some excellent pics there - ah I love summer for that reason :D
    edited March 2004
    Sorry Frostbitten, Petra is in it, as well as many other models..I just couldn't fit everybody! Here is a nice shot of her:

;)" alt="Yikes, she's braver than Roger! ;)" />[img=http://s.a.cnn.net/si/features/2004_swimsuit/images/gallery/popup/petra_04.jpg]And jetset, this particular issue is pretty much for the swimsuits. There are the usual sports articles, but it's traditonally a way to rid men of their winter blues knowing what's ahead. :)[/img]
    edited March 2004
    Ah yes, thank you Monique! You've made my day. :)
    I wonder why so many gorgeous women come from the Czech Republic. Must be the weather...

Hmm, I'm seriously thinking about buying this issue now...

BTW, that alligator is probably male ;)
    I also liked seeing what are now considered the older swimsuit models featured in it. Christie Brinkley at 50 looks radiant as well as Cheryl Tiegs, Elle McPherson, and Rachel Hunter.

What's funny is that a lot of the photos are of naked models with the suits hanging on a hook, or laying on the sand. There are 10 pages of body painting as well...where they painted the suits on. I can't find any photos of these online for some reason! ;) But this one is a good example of ..where's the suit?? ;)

carolyn_04.jpg
  • tirpitztirpitz Posts: 339MI6 Agent
    Oh my, I can see something near where her arm touches her chest. That seems a little to hot for this thread.
    edited March 2004
    Quoting tirpitz:
    Oh my, I can see something near where her arm touches her chest. That seems a little to hot for this thread.
    You've obviously not paid much attention to Maurice Binder's title sequences, they're much 'hotter'... ;)

Verrrry,veryyy nice Mo!! :)
    unitedkingdom.png
  • tirpitztirpitz Posts: 339MI6 Agent
    OK, after swimming my way out of drool, I must say, how did that get into the Swimsuit Edition?
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    The recent Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue is unique in that there are no swimsuits! - plenty of birthday though... ;)
  • Agent00CRAgent00CR United StatesPosts: 33MI6 Agent
    edited March 2004
    I recently invited one of my friends to visit AJB so that he could read Death Without Notice, and naturally, he was impressed by PMKane's cover art before he even started downloading the novel. That got me thinking, so I also told him to take a look at our Izzy Stuff thread. Unfortunately, when he tried to visit Izzy's gallery at Stuff, the link was dead.

Fortunately for us all, they simply have renamed the URL's, and here is the one we're looking for:
    http://www.stuffmagazine.com/cover_girls/html/girl_215.html

Enjoy!
    Quoting Alex:
    The recent Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue is unique in that there are no swimsuits! - plenty of birthday though... ;)
    Ah, yes . . . and plenty of happy too!
    edited March 2004
    Some of the '04 Oscar nominees..they're all winners here!

Samantha Morton

Naomi WattsCharlize Theronchar36.jpg015.jpg
  • Lazenby880Lazenby880 LondonPosts: 525MI6 Agent
    I'm surprised this lady hasn't been covered in Izzy's long history, so I thought I'd open everyone's eyes to the gorgeous Sophie Dahl for my first Izzy post.

article-7_2.jpgAnd having just watchedThe X-Files, Gillian from the day.

96AprFHM.jpgfhm9.jpg
    Quoting Lazenby880:
    so I thought I'd open everyone's eyes to the gorgeous Sophie Dahl for my first Izzy post.
    Welcome to the seedy underbelly of AJB.. {[]