Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Ummm. ! Makes me want some Rabbit Pie. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    We have a rabbit, it was supposed to be a micro lop ear, but now at 4 years old is as big as a small dog!! It keeps breaking out of its comfortable hutch and eating my plants!! X-(
    In typical fashion Mrs coop thought rabbits would be "nice" for the step devil but she lost interest after a week so now it's only me who looks after it!
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    RIP plants.
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    The photo reminds me of the police academy scenes in Zootropolis, but it reminds me of my childhood too. One of our neighbours had two rabbits and a faulty home made cage. The rabbits escaped most days in the summer and us kids were more than happy to hunt them down. Good times :D
    24, I'm becoming worried about you, I don't think Zootropolis has been good for you :#
    I am easily influenced by movies. I'm glad none of you saw me after I saw La La Land :))
    The great thing thing about a rabbit, is they jump and can be trained. So in the
    Summer, you can train them to jump up on to the Barbecue themselves. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I suspect the two rabbits we tried to catch when I was a kid were also entertained and enjoyed the chase. :D
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    A truck has crashed into a crowd in central Stockholm, Sweden. We don't know for sure if it's a terror attack. Hopefully it isn't, since immigration and Sweden are very touchy issues. I'm listening live to Swedish radio.
    At least three dead, reports say. There are some rumours of gunfire on a different location in the city, but I honestly doubt it.
    Two dead confirmed, rumours of five dead. The truck was hijacked a short time earlier, so this looks very much like a terror attack. Reports of one arrest. This is very much in central Stockholm, but the parliament does not seem to be a target.
    Horrible news, and only today another victim of the
    London attack died.
    No arrest so far and the terrorist(s) is is being hunted by the police. It does remind us of London, Nice, Berlin etc. There was no bomb, shooting or stabbing following the car attack. It's the first "successful" terrorist attack in Sweden. There were bombings seven years ago, but only the terrorist died. To me it looks like an IS-inspired attack. This is tragic and it will only strengthen the extremists on both camps.
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    Horrible news, and only today another victim of the
    London attack died.

Yes, horrible. The details of this young lady's ordeal remain vague even after it was revealed she eventually died. It took some extra googling for me to confirm that she was actually struck by the attacker's vehicle and suffered a blood-clot to her brain, whereas I thought she suffered from near drowning and/or hypothermia.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Two dead confirmed, rumours of five dead. The truck was hijacked a short time earlier, so this looks very much like a terror attack. Reports of one arrest. This is very much in central Stockholm, but the parliament does not seem to be a target.
    Hopefully this results in extra vigilance and precautions around the world, such as the installation of steel and concrete posts in pedestrian-heavy areas and people not leaving their keys in unattended vehicles.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
    This is terrible news, another spate of attacks it seems :#, I can see there being more, as surely the Syrian situation is bound to escalate. Thoughts are with Sweden at this time.
    A man is arrested for the attack and sources say he has confessed. The official number of deaths is now four.
    Number24 wrote:
    A man is arrested for the attack and sources say he has confessed. The official number of deaths is now four.
    Has it been confirmed as a terror attack yet 24?
    Yes it has.
    Number24 wrote:
    Yes it has.
    :# bad news indeed X-(
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    It was a soda truck and it seems the driver forgot the keys in the ignition so it appears it was a spontaneous act by the terrorist and not planned in advance.

4 dead now :(

There were some concrete lions he ran over but they were in no way strong enough against his speeding truck.

It's possible it has nothing to do with ISIS , just a mental case.
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    Seems it wasn't a lone wolf attack that I thought previously , a likely scenario is they wanted to blow up the subway which was very near but for some reason it didn't go as planned.
    The man arrested is a 39 year old from Uzbekistan. He has confessed and bomb materials have been found in his home. I'm relieved it wasn't a Syrian from the recent wave of refugees, but far from surprised he is an immigrant from a Muslim-dominated country. While the number of victims (thank God!) is far lower than the Utøya attack here in Norway, I fear the coming debate will be much worse in Sweden than what we had.

It's a horrible tragedy :#
    I like this photo from Stockholm yesterday: :007)

c1d37a8174797882f9cd5708a37e1fc8?t%5B0%5D=crop%3Awidth%3D4032%2Cheight%3D3024%2Cx%3D0%2Cy%3D0&t%5B1%5D=maxSize%3Awidth%3D990%2Cheight%3D0&t%5B2%5D=resize%3Awidth%3D990&accessToken=0305547e12a928bbe11ed77cc257030285a892a0e042c5b5676d1925442d0f8f
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/09/norway-bomb-like-device-found-in-central-oslo
    Sadly, it appears that Norway may have been targeted too ?
    A young, foreign-born man is arrested in oslo with a "bomb-like" object.
    More dark days ahead. Thankfully tragedy in Oslo has been avoided, which is good news.
    Thankfully the police were vigilant this time.
    The person arrested is a 17 year old with a Russian passport. He has been under the attention of PST (Our MI5) for some time because of extremist muslim views. He came to this country with his family in 2010 as an asylum seeker, most likely (my assumption) from Chechnya. The device he was carrying was small, a cube of about a foot each side. (does that make sense?)