Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/06/stephen-fry-police-investigation-blasphemy-branding-god-utter/
    Stephen Fry under investigation by Irish police for .................... Blasphemy ! :))
    I keep telling people " Fr Ted" isn't a comedy, it's a documentary.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/06/stephen-fry-police-investigation-blasphemy-branding-god-utter/
    Stephen Fry under investigation by Irish police for .................... Blasphemy ! :))

Quite astonishing really that it is an offence in this day and age. (It's not in the UK.)

I respect someones right to believe but also respect someones right to say it's a load of b@llocks.

Fry was only responding to a question he was asked.

Anyway ...

Did anyone see the Piers Morgan Twitter spat yesterday when he was 'discussing' mental health? Poor old James Bond got dragged into it!!

Apparently James Bond is not a real person :))
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    If the Steven Fry thing ever ends up in court it'll be a very interesting case. Who will be the witnesses? Who will testify on God's behalf that he was so offended and hurt, some human has to go to jail for it? I don't understand people who believe in an all-powerful God who is so weak he needs the protection of the courts against hurtful words :s
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Lady Rose wrote:

Quite astonishing really that it is an offence in this day and age. (It's not in the UK.)

I respect someones right to believe but also respect someones right to say it's a load of b@llocks.

Fry was only responding to a question he was asked.

Anyway ...

Did anyone see the Piers Morgan Twitter spat yesterday when he was 'discussing' mental health? Poor old James Bond got dragged into it!!

Apparently James Bond is not a real person :))

Piers Morgan is a complete and utter a.rsehole IMHO I make it my business to disregard this idiot as much as possible. I'm really just hoping he isn't a bond fan.
    In fact here on AJB his name us used in the profanity filter instead of ****. ( C. U. Next. Tuesday)
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Number24 wrote:
    If the Steven Fry thing ever ends up in court it'll be a very interesting case. Who will be the witnesses? Who will testify on God's behalf that he was so offended and hurt, some human has to go to jail for it? I don't understand people who believe in an all-powerful God who is so weak he needs the protection of the courts against hurtful words :s
    Surely God would be represented by his earthly representatives would he not? You know those holier than thou Catholic priests who act in his name and do his will. :v
    Don't remind me of the actor of some of those Catholic priests.... :#
    I'll leave that to Thunderpussy and Silhouette Man, as they are far more aware than I :#
    The Security Service has warned that a terrorist attack from IS in Norway is "likely" this spring or summer.
    Tomorrow and on wednesday the king and queen will celebrate their 80th birthday in Oslo. More than 40 royals and heads of state and large crowds will be there. On the 17th of May it's our national day. Both occations are possible terrorist targets, so I worry.
    I would think Oslo will be in a state of lock down during these times, with a visible security service presence and a huge intelligence and security effort going on unseen.
    A successful attack on any royal family is a governments worst nightmare, they would be forced react in a very overt way.
    It's these lone attacks that are the concern at the moment as they target mainly innocent civilians and are very hard to stop. Why is Norway such a target? Is it because of the nato forces stationed in your country #24?
    No, I don't think it's because of the NATO forces here. They piss the Russians off, but they're not a threath when it comes to terrorism. It's more because of Norway's partisipation in NATO operations in Afghanistan and Syria. It's also because a few dozen of muslim extremists who traveled to Syria to fight with the IS, the terrorist attack in Stockholm and an improvised nail bomb found on a young man in Oslo. There is probably more information that's secret to the general public.

It's not possible to lock down Oslo on the two occations. We're not just a few royals eating dinner in a castle. On both occations, especially on the national day, there will by large crowds of civilians. On the 17th of May all the children in all the schools in Oslo will parade past the castle with big crowds cheering and watching. It could perhaps be compared to locking down London during the finals of Championship league, only a large part of the crowds are children. And smaller versions of this happen in every town and every large village all over the country. I think they will try to keep larger vehicles out of the city centres and deploy more police, but there isn't much more to be done.
    Number24 wrote:
    No, I don't think it's because of the NATO forces here. They piss the Russians off, but they're not a threath when it comes to terrorism. It's more because of Norway's partisipation in NATO operations in Afghanistan and Syria. It's also because a few dozen of muslim extremists who traveled to Syria to fight with the IS, the terrorist attack in Stockholm and an improvised nail bomb found on a young man in Oslo. There is probably more information that's secret to the general public.

It's not possible to lock down Oslo on the two occations. We're not just a few royals eating dinner in a castle. On both occations, especially on the national day, there will by large crowds of civilians. On the 17th of May all the children in all the schools in Oslo will parade past the castle with big crowds cheering and watching. It could perhaps be compared to locking down London during the finals of Championship league, only a large part of the crowds are children. And smaller versions of this happen in every town and every large village all over the country. I think they will try to keep larger vehicles out of the city centres and deploy more police, but there isn't much more to be done.

I meant security lock down 24, as in bomb dogs patrolling, no leave for security services, spotters, ramped up stop and search, snipers deployed, air surveillance etc etc
    I understand you ment security lockdown, but I was unsure of what that means in detail. There is still a limit to how much security the police can offer. The royal birthday can be managed, but the 17th of May is too big and spread all over the country. You can never guess how many helicopters the police has, six years after the Utøya attack, so I'll just say it: two
    That's not just for Oslo, but for the entire country. Norway is the longest country in Europe outside of Russia.
    edited May 2017
    Just been watching an interesting article, it seems Norway is in a spot of bother with an invasion! It seems an invasion from Russia first started in 1977 and has continued ever since, now the invaders number over 20 million. The good news is red king crabs are very tasty. Stalin brought these giant crabs ( up to 1.8 meters) from Alaska to feed his starving people. They are destroying Norways native species and desecrating the sealife. I think more crab fishing is needed.
    I always feel the need to let number 24 know everything I learn about Norway :)
    Number24 wrote:
    I understand you ment security lockdown, but I was unsure of what that means in detail. There is still a limit to how much security the police can offer. The royal birthday can be managed, but the 17th of May is too big and spread all over the country. You can never guess how many helicopters the police has, six years after the Utøya attack, so I'll just say it: two
    That's not just for Oslo, but for the entire country. Norway is the longest country in Europe outside of Russia.
    The mode of attacks these days is very hard to stop. It's quite frightening. But we must continue in our celebrations and not let the terrorist's affect us.
    True. But you live in a country where I suspect the mindset around terrorism is different, partly because of your history with the IRA. We never really thought about when and where the next terrorist attack will be, because most of us didn't think there would be a terrorist attack here. That was much of the problem when responding to the attack six years ago. All the police stations had a folder about what to do in case of a terrorist attack, but only because the rules said they had to have one. In real life it didn't work.
    But you're right. There's no point in sitting here talking about this. Let's see if anyone has posted anything on the Bond Girls with the biggest boobs-thread today!
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    On a side note someone just came in to apply for a permit for a cat yoga studio. I had her repeat it several times :))
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
    Cat yoga?! .....was it Pussy Galore?
    20170508_213304.jpg
    :))
    I could say "only in America", but I fear it isn't true.
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Cat yoga?! .....was it Pussy Galore?
    20170508_213304.jpg
    Sadly no :)) I am willing to pay money to see cat yoga in action. It will be quite the spectacle.
    Well Britain's got talent had a dog yoga (doga) woman on last week, I think she was American too.
    edited May 2017
    Number24 wrote:
    :))
    I could say "only in America", but I fear it isn't true.
    Goat yoga is a big thing here. You do yoga in a goat pasture and have them run around. I wish I was making all of this up. I will say baby goats are pretty darn cute.
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Well Britain's got talent had a dog yoga (doga) woman on last week, I think she was American too.
    I will say sorry on behalf of America for doga.
    No need to apologise, America has given us so much like... KFC, macdonalds, burger king, dominoes pizza, coke, Pepsi, diabetes, obesity, 2 gulf wars.... Whats doga between friends :D
    Chriscoop wrote:
    No need to apologise, America has given us so much like... KFC, macdonalds, burger king, dominoes pizza, coke, Pepsi, diabetes, obesity, 2 gulf wars.... Whats doga between friends :D
    Don't forget the tattoo gun, sunggies, Twinkies and vajazzling. Never. Forget.
    I doubt America invented diabetes, but I credit them with giving the world the ability to spread it more efficiently.
    But on the other hand you gave us Westerns, rock music, Scarlett Johansson, Indiana Jones, Cormack McCarthy, Ernest Hemingway, Mad Men, cheerleaders and countless more gifts to the world. :)
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    "Scarlett Johansson"

Yes , but where does she hail from : Sweden

Same with Ann Margret (who could've been mrs Presley !) , Ekland , Adams , Stavin , Wayborn , Dolph , Garbo etc

U.K is getting sugar tax now due to diabetes or so I've read.......
    The blasphemy case against Stephen Fry has been closed down by the Irish police. A sensible, but boring choice.
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Don't forget the tattoo gun, sunggies, Twinkies and vajazzling. Never. Forget.
    I've never heard of sunggies?? Of course I was only joking, there are some great things from the US of A. Jack daniels being a personal favourite of mine, and all the other cool things 24 mentioned along with of course Felix Leiter and all those movies and movie stars I love.
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    "Scarlett Johansson"

Yes , but where does she hail from : Sweden

Same with Ann Margret (who could've been mrs Presley !) , Ekland , Adams , Stavin , Wayborn , Dolph , Garbo etc

U.K is getting sugar tax now due to diabetes or so I've read.......

You had me... right up until Dolph... :#
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Chris, how have you lived without a snuggie?
    z6_RDI8.gif