Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,322Chief of Staff
    Yes, that's the idea. We've done this before.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    Yes, we comment on it while we watch. It's often very social and fun.
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    I see. Thank you. I guess this started with James Bond films and moved to other action films.
    It did. higgins started it when NTTD was moved from April this year and the corona lockdowns started. We watched all the Bond movies, but when we continued on other movies too few people took part. Hopefully it wil work better now.
  • The Spy Who Never DiesThe Spy Who Never Dies UKPosts: 644MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Back to movie watchalongs: I think there is enough support for the idea to create a dedicated thread for it, but perhaps we should decide on a movie first? Should we do "Where eagles dare" or "The Guns of Navarone" first?
    Is there any support for my idea of watching one of them on US election night? (This is the second to last time I'll ask)

I don't actually know when the US election night is! I think it's in 2 or 3 weeks. Maybe The Guns of Navarone first? So I have time to get Where Eagles Dare on dvd or I'll have to watch it with adverts in and will get very behind.
    The election is on November 3., Tuesday in two weeks (I had to look it up)
    I've got the same problem with Where Eagles Dare, so I'd like to watch The Guns of Navarone first too.
    Here is my suggestion: The Guns on Navarone on Tuesday the 27. of October (next week) and
    Where Eagles Dare on Tuesday November 3. (Election night)
    Can I get some feedback? Perhaps weekends are better?
    Any day/evening is ok with me.
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,213MI6 Agent
    I haven’t got Navarone and am not so keen on it to purchase it, (love the the music though), but ok for Eagles. Don’t make a special time to view for me, if I’m awake I will join in.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    I can't do Mon 26th to Thurs 29th as my son and his wife are coming to visit, if covid restrictions allow. I haven't seen them since Christmas. Any other time is fine with me.
    When marriages go wrong: "He just slipped and fell ...." :))

article-0-1A141720000005DC-262_634x421.jpg
    I suggest I start a new thread announcing a watchalong of "The guns of Navarone" Tuesday November 3. (US election night) 19.00 GMT. Does that sound okay? If there is a problem, please let me know since this can easily be changed.
    If you're going to do that, then I suggest you do it now N24. Let's see how many discerning viewers, and maybe Higgins, will be tuning in. Not everyone looks in this thread.
    I guess I'll do it tonight, but I'm worried to few will join and I have to call it off. I (or rather Higgins) have been hurt before ... sob. ;)
    Even if only 2 or 3 join and they enjoy it, including you, it's worth it.
    That's the spirit! :D
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Where two or three are gathered together in N24's name, there shall be
    a film showing ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    And now for something completely different! Have you ever noticed that whenever people are sick in movies, they usually throw up in the sink! They don't head for the toilet, they make straight for the sink. Sorry to anyone eating while reading this. :D
    :D It's up there with in the movies a Bomb will always have a big digital display ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I have to make it clear we're not gathering in my name, but in the name of boy's own adventure movies!

One of my best friends threw up during a oral exam at college :))
    He was well into replying to the questions when he said "excuse me", ran to the sink and threw up, rinsed his mouth and continued his exam. He even passed!
    Once in a pub, I saw a guy drink a pint in one go, burp a bit, be sick in to the
    glass and fill it up, and then he left, leaving the glass sitting on the bar.
    Number24 wrote:
    I have to make it clear we're not gathering in my name, but in the name of boy's own adventure movies!

One of my best friends threw up during a oral exam at college :))
    He was well into replying to the questions when he said "excuse me", ran to the sink and threw up, rinsed his mouth and continued his exam. He even passed!

See, ran to the sink! No people, you throw up in the toilet, it's more hygenic. :s

boy's own adventure movies! that's sexist :D
    The cue for angry posts complaining about everything PC starts here! :))
    Sometimes I read things too quickly and thought it said the cue for angry birds :))
    What's a girls own adventure movie, I wonder?
    Magic Mike ? ;%
    But isn't the cast mainly male? :v
    Maybe Ocean's 8? Not that I've seen it. Magic Mike?? :)) Not that I know what you're talking about!
    Ocean's 8, I'd agree. I enjoyed it, love a
    Caper movie.
    There's also " carve her name with pride "
    1958, based on a true story of ww2
    I enjoyed the other ones but 8 doesn't really appeal to me. I probably will watch it one day.
    I'm watching a documentary on Elton John and the reccord title "Ice on fire" was mentioned. I think it sounds very much like a James Bond title. :007)