Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• tirpitztirpitz Posts: 339MI6 Agent
    I agree! Random Chat sounds good.
    edited September 2004
    By the way, where is everyone? There hasn't been a post on this topic for at least a few days?
  • Jedi MasterJedi Master UKPosts: 1,093MI6 Agent
    lol, ten hours is a long time for us!!!

hey, guess what I've just got back from seeing, uhuh you guessed it!!! I shall stop there before I tell you all the entire plot!

Bye!
    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and everyone dies.
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,234MI6 Agent
    I'll be seeing it tomorrow with a friend of mine. (The 3rd Matrix film if that's what you mean).
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    oh absolutely, its fantastic. Oh let me give you one piece of advice, well a few!

Dont go expecting to be able to sit back relax and watch an action film with great fights in, its not just an action film, the plot is wound into it so much that the action becomes almost irrelavent, it is still great action though, the war in Zion just kicks ass!!!

Don't question everything that happens because its not possible, nothing in the film is really possible, but thats because it isnt real.

Accept the actors to be their characters, don't try to question the acting skills in the cast, its not bad acting, well theres a little girl who isnt fantastic but hey! Accept them to be their characters and you will have a much better time!

if you are a sensitive person who finds it hard to stay dry (eyes people, dry eyes!) during sad films, take a box of tissues, there are some pretty sad bits, well one, but it had me close to tears so much! But not because it was sad! Anyway! Don't worry its not a tragic film its just tearjerking!

Don't try to relax, its IMPOSSIBLE! The suspense in that movie is the best, oh its just awesomne!

Finally, have a good time!
  • General_OurumovGeneral_Ourumov United KingdomPosts: 861MI6 Agent
    I am looking forward to seeing it but I really hope it doesn't all go too mad or farfetched. I thought that the first film was legendary and really quite enough, and I really didn't like the numbers of Smiths in Reloaded.

In the documentary that was on Channel 5 about a fortnight ago (in UK), I saw both Neo and Smith fighting up in the air - whatever the reasons for Smith's being able to fly, they have taken him too far, way too far.
    A lot happened while you guys were away. I'm catching up to you in posts Jedi Master, I have 422!
  • Sir Donald MungerSir Donald Munger Posts: 22MI6 Agent
    edited November 2003
    Quoting tirpitz:
    A lot happened while you guys were away. I'm catching up to you in posts Jedi Master, I have 422!

Honestly, the number of posts you have really isn't important. It in no way makes you better than another member. I know you didn't say that but I have noticed that with a few members. I also noticed that you posted a string of very short posts on the Off Topic forum - is that purposely to boost your post number?

Really your number of posts is insignificant. Some members only post one line posts in the funhouse forum and their post sount can be astronomical. Then we have members like Moore Not Less and Jaelle (amongst others!) who always post thoughtful and interesting posts.
    I know. It wasn't purposely to boost my count, I haven't been on the site for some time and I wanted to catch up on things.
  • Moore Not LessMoore Not Less Posts: 1,095MI6 Agent
    Quoting Sir Donald Munger:
    Quoting Sir Donald Munger:
    Quoting tirpitz:

Honestly, the number of posts you have really isn't important. It in no way makes you better than another member. I know you didn't say that but I have noticed that with a few members. I also noticed that you posted a string of very short posts on the Off Topic forum - is that purposely to boost your post number?

Really your number of posts is insignificant. Some members only post one line posts in the funhouse forum and their post sount can be astronomical. Then we have members like Moore Not Less and Jaelle (amongst others!) who always post thoughtful and interesting posts.

Thank you, Sir Donald Munger. I am flattered that you mentioned me as one of those that post thoughtful and interesting posts. You are right when you say that the number of posts a member has isn't important.

Sir Donald, I would like to take this chance to say a belated welcome to the AJB forums. I hope that you are enjoying it here as much as I have in the last ten months. :)
  • ilove pierceilove pierce Posts: 224MI6 Agent
    Hey guys, im possibly going to see the 3rd matrix tomorrow. so im excited.
    man when i first logged on it took me a few seconds to find the forum. Random Chat...sounds good to me. includes all, cool. well what have you all been up to lately?
    gotta run. ttyl
    GO, about Agent Smith, I really don't think they have taken him too far, the oracle says one thing to Neo which helps explain the element of him flying and there being so many of him. However the fact that there are so many of him is only relavent during one part in the film, that being, well I won't say, but during the super braul it is just Neo v 1 agent smith, probably the original or something! The rest, as he says:
    "are just going to stand back and enjoy the show."

But i supose you could see that it goes too far!

Anyway, it is now 9:25 on Sunday the 9th of November, I should go as in half an hour I must be at church with my trumpet ready to honour the people who gave their lives during the great war. (In case you're not following I'm going to play the Last Post on my trumpet at church for the 2 minutes silence!)

Bye all!
    edited November 2003
    Well the Wachowski brothers have done something wrong looking at the critical mauling that Revolutions has recieved already.
    Some of the things they said included 'a worthless ball of noise and mess', 'even Reloaded has more qualities than this' (wait...did Reloaded have ANY qualities?).

I have read that 'the best of the characters, Agent Smith and Morpheus, have been given very little to do and have been made smaller parts'.

Also all 'the awful talking when there could be more action is still there from Reloaded.'

Not looking good is it. It is probably only selling tickets because it has the word 'Matrix' in it. I was one of the biggest Matrix fans when the first one was out and I thought it was brilliant. After Reloaded (which I despised), I was less excited about the release of Revolutions. If this third film is as bad as they are saying it is, then I have lost faith completely in the series. So far I have only bought the first film!

Whatever the explanation for Smith's flying, it is still WAY too much. They have 'blinded us with eye catching special effects to hide the fact that Revolutions is a poor end to what could have been an excellent trilogy'. :(
  • Sir Donald MungerSir Donald Munger Posts: 22MI6 Agent
    Quoting Moore Not Less:
    Thank you, Sir Donald Munger. I am flattered that you mentioned me as one of those that post thoughtful and interesting posts. You are right when you say that the number of posts a member has isn't important.

Sir Donald, I would like to take this chance to say a belated welcome to the AJB forums. I hope that you are enjoying it here as much as I have in the last ten months. :)

Thankyou, very much. Yes it is a lot friendlier here than I have found on other forums. I think the moderators do a fine job of keeping things running smoothly and assuring that disagreements don't turn into out-and-out wars with insults flying around.

Really - I have been looking at some of the older topics on the site, just incase I have missed anything I would have liked to have replied to, and I came across so many topics that you had posted that I enjoyed reading. :)
    I could tell that the third Matrix would be like that. I mean I am no expert on these films by any means. A sequel has to be true to the first film, but has to be more than the first film. Looking at Revolutions' reviews myself, I can't see that it has achieved this standard.
    Ok a few things.

No1, STOP READING REVIEWS!!! Reviews put every film they can down! If theres i one thing in a film that could be even a tiny bit better, the reviews say it was a rubbish film. I have seen the film and I tell you it kicks ass! And who cares if some of the parts a slightly smaller, thats just the way it is. The focus is more on Neo and Trinity and Link and Zee and the kid. I think! (the agents don't have any parts. (neither do the twins))

No2 No offense GO, and I'm sorry, but I will not have you bad mouthing a film you haven't even seen, if you go to see it and still don't like it, then fine, but I ask of you, don't go to see it in a negative state of mind, otherwise you will dislike it there is not question, if you had gone to see the first one with that state of mind you wouldn't have liked it nearly as much, because there are a lot of things you could comment on there!

No3 We need to talk about Reloaded, I didn't realize you hated it so much!!!
    edited November 2003
    Quoting Jedi Master:
    Ok a few things.

No1, STOP READING REVIEWS!!! Reviews put every film they can down! If theres i one thing in a film that could be even a tiny bit better, the reviews say it was a rubbish film. I have seen the film and I tell you it kicks ass! And who cares if some of the parts a slightly smaller, thats just the way it is. The focus is more on Neo and Trinity and Link and Zee and the kid. I think! (the agents don't have any parts. (neither do the twins))

No2 No offense GO, and I'm sorry, but I will not have you bad mouthing a film you haven't even seen, if you go to see it and still don't like it, then fine, but I ask of you, don't go to see it in a negative state of mind, otherwise you will dislike it there is not question, if you had gone to see the first one with that state of mind you wouldn't have liked it nearly as much, because there are a lot of things you could comment on there!

No3 We need to talk about Reloaded, I didn't realize you hated it so much!!!

Well, I'm sorry but hardcore Matrix fans aren't always the best people to ask when you want to know how good the films were, because they are often blinded by the fact that it is their favourite series and are obviously going to say it is brilliant.

When I go to the cinema it will be in a positive frame of mind, and I wont be expecting or dreading anything. These reviews will not affect what I say about the film after I have seen it.

Critics aren't there to specifically hate movies - they are there to analyse them, and people read their reviews so they can see the bigger picture. I was very surprised to see the battle between Smith and Neo, and I thought it was cheesey to see them both flying up in the air, whatever the excuse. I know I haven't seen the film - and if you read my post you will see that I haven't bad mouthed the film, but just posted some of the views of the critics.

And, let's be honest - Morpheus and Smith are widely the most liked characters - cutting their parts down is a mistake IMO.

As Sir Donald Munger quite rightly said - sequels have to be TRUE to the first film.
  • Moore Not LessMoore Not Less Posts: 1,095MI6 Agent
    I have not seen The Matrix: Revolutions yet, but I won't let negative reviews influence me in any way. Here is part of the review of Revolutions from today's Sunday Express which also reflects negatively on Reloaded. It is written by Henry Fitzherbert and he gives Revolutions ***

It seems barely weeks since the over-hyped Matrix Reloaded saturated cinema's and left audiences heads spinning for all the wrong reasons. The makers should have given away a thesaurus with every bucket of popcorn to help decipher the waffle spouted by such deadly dull characters as The Key Maker and The Architect.

It was not great action that defined the picture but the obfuscating dialogue. Did the Wachowski brothers actually know what they were on about?

All becomes clear with the release of the concluding part of the trilogy, The Matrix: Revolutions, a film that is blessedly under-hyped and more watchable than part two. The simple truth that emerges is this - no, the brothers did not have a clue what they were on about. They were merely desperate to pad out the story. All that talk about "the prophecy", choice, control and destiny was a load of guff to squeeze an extra film out of the franchise and turn it into a trilogy. The most telling aspect of part three, therefore, is that it renders part two superfluous.

The fight scenes are as good as those in the first. They are also not spoiled by the rubbery special effects that rendered the characters cartoon-like in Reloaded. The high point is a prolonged and tense combat sequence between man and machine that is reminiscent of Aliens. It is tense, exciting and visually stunning. Yet it has a glaring omission - the presence of Neo. When he is on screen, Neo is more interesting and vulnerable than he was in Reloaded.

After the garbled goings-on of Reloaded, the straightforward plot here is a relief. The climax holds no startling revelations, a fact that will disappoint defenders of the series who believe it is about something. It also, alarmingly, leaves the door open for further instalments. Revolutions does recover some lost ground and goodwill for the series, but not enough to extend it.

MNL. Remember, that was not the complete review of Revolutions, but the tone throughout is quite positive, especially compared to Reloaded. Make of that what you will, but it won't influence my feelings about either film in any way.
    well the fact that they kept going on about the films being 2 films streched out into 3 just proves to me that it is them have no idea what they are on about no teh Wachowski Bros, because if you see any of the bonus footage for any of the films you will know that they are not 3 separate films, they are intended to be 1 film which can stand alone, then another film to sort of conclude the first film, but the second film was too long and became 2.

They missed out the fact that the acting all the way through (with one exception (a small indian girl, who cant act!)) is superb, including one pivitol scene that had me close to tears!! (i wont tell you what happens)

They also missed out the fact that the agent smith scene is a bit repetative and a bit like dragonball Z.

Right thats it, I critisized the matrix and thats all you are gonna get!!!

See ya
    As I said before, I have a preference towards the original films that sequels have been made from. They seem like money-making attempts by greedy producers.
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,234MI6 Agent
    Just come back from seeing "The Matrix Revolutions". It was excellent. However, the 1st Matrix still remains my favourite. :)
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    edited November 2003
    Hey Jarvio, glad to see you joined the fun!

I didnt get a chance to see it this weekend, i mowed lawn and all that fun stuff :( i'll try again this weekend.
    But i was up until 1:30 last night finishing reading FRWL, i got hooked at like 11 on it when the action started in the end and coudldnt put it down!
    how many of the books have you guys read?
  • Joyce CarringtonJoyce Carrington Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    I've read about 10 of the Fleming novels. Only one Gardner. All the Bensons. Oh, and the one Amis.
    Cool, im about to read thunderball.
    i think im gonna get throught the fleming novels first and then go to the others.
    by the way, welcome to ALB Joyce.
    Hey guys we've got another 'JC' ;) lol
    Woa, what happened? there hasnt been a post for like 18 hours. take it you guys were all out partying last night. lol. or on the more inocent side, just doing homework. I had a three hour basketball practice last night, so yeah, lil tired. lol any of you guys play sports?
    I didn't know you played basketball! Is you're team good?
    I'm glad that both you Jedi Master and Jarvio enjoyed the Matrix Revolutuions. I certainly wasn't trying to bring the film down with the earlier post - I sincerely hope it is brilliant to make up for Reloaded!

I only heard recently that a new actress had to be hired for the role of The Oracle after Gloria Foster died back in 2001. Sad.
  • nick_nacknick_nack Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    The matrix revolutions was a sweet movie. The fight scene between agent smith and neo is like the third best fight scene ever.
    Quoting tirpitz:
    Well im not sure yet, our firsrt practice and everything was yesterday, so there gonna slit the teams up on friday, but we've got a pretty good team, the JV last year only lost like 5 games, they were all freshmen,I was the point for the freshmen team, and weve got alot that went out last year that arent goin out this year. so yeah.
    Tirpitz- do you play basketball? or any of you other guys?
  • wordswords Buckinghamshire, EnglandPosts: 249MI6 Agent
    Quoting ilove pierce:
    Quoting ilove pierce:
    Quoting tirpitz:
    Well im not sure yet, our firsrt practice and everything was yesterday, so there gonna slit the teams up on friday, but we've got a pretty good team, the JV last year only lost like 5 games, they were all freshmen,I was the point for the freshmen team, and weve got alot that went out last year that arent goin out this year. so yeah.
    Tirpitz- do you play basketball? or any of you other guys?

Basketball has never really taken off in the UK but I was hearing on the radio today that a team in Brighton (south coat of England) nearly beat a top European team recently (Croatian I think - apparently Basketball is quite big in the rest of Europe).

One other sport related thing, what's this I hear about the US Olympic baseball team failing to qualify for the next Olympics? Surely that should never happen!
    Im not sure, I dont follow the teams to the Olympics much. When the olympics come around i like to watch the winter sports and the horses. I have two and its fun to wzth and learn. When do the Oympics start and where?