Last film seen...

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Yeah it was still enjoyable though. I guess he has signed up to do further films
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I hope they adapt Rainbow Six for a future Film, one of Clancy's best Novels -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    Burt Ward : "I'm on a sea food diet....I see food then eat it"

:)) :p
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    I finally saw The Amazing Spider-Man 2. I think Andrew Garfield is a good Peter Parker/Spidey and he and Emma Stone have good chemistry (I wonder why. . .); and I also liked Jamie Foxx's Electro, who has an almost tragic dimension. Still. . . Could this film have had any more plot lines? How about more major characters? And could it have taken any longer to build up some steam? Sheesh, and people think Raimi's Spider-Man 3 was a bloated mess?
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    Cannibal Holocaust

Part of my Video Nasties Collection. If you like Animals, do not watch this -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    Watched both 28 Days Later & 28 Weeks Later with my son this weekend...both are good films....he preferred the former, I the latter...but I'd forgotten just how many 'names' are in these films...Naomie Harris, Jeremy Renner & Idris Elba for starters !
    Pity they didn't make the third one....
    YNWA 97
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    +1, I enjoyed them both. Zombies became a lot more dangerous
    When they started to run like Usain Bolt ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    +1, I enjoyed them both. Zombies became a lot more dangerous
    When they started to run like Usain Bolt ! :))

Yeah...I prefer the 'shuffling' zombies as well :))
    YNWA 97
    A third Film has been debated for several Years now -{
    On Cannibal Holocaust, I found this link about the much talked about
    Missing scene, I remember being told about this years ago when it was
    Still a " nasty "
    http://badassdigest.com/2013/10/23/the-gory-cannibal-holocaust-scene-you-never-saw/
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Deodato was taken to Court because he branded the Film as 'Snuff' and he had to bring in the Actors to prove that it wasn't. A Publicity Stunt gone wrong -{
    :)) William Castle, the old Director/producer, used to think up loads
    Of stunts to sell his films. Like making the audience on opening
    Nights sign wavers not to sue if they had a heart attack, watching
    His horror films :))
    For his film " The Tingler" ( about a parasite made from fear, and you had
    To scream to get it away ) he had several seats wired up with vibration pads.
    So when he declared that a tingler had escaped into the cinema, every so
    Often a viewer would jump up screaming ! :))
    edited October 2014
    I've always liked it when Directors do that -{
    I might check a couple of these out as CH etc are on YouTube. :))
    There's quite a few of them, mostly with Italian Directors. There's a really bizarre one from Indonesia called 'The Primitives' that has Kraftwerk playing in the Opening -{
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I watched DOWNFALL again the other night (about the 5th time ) ive seen it .Its about the last days of Hitler in his
    bunker. Its a great film ,now before any one starts shelling me with oh you shouldn't watch that . Its a compelling piece of cinematography history, on how this maniac led the German people into disaster .
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    I feel's it's Legacy has been ruined by the Parody Videos of it :#
    The Wild Geese (1978)

One of my favorite non-Bond Moore Films. This and Escape to Anathema -{
    Both good films, another that doesn't seem to be shown
    Too often is The Naked Face. -{
    I personally have not seen the Naked Face -{
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Just got back from Gone Girl. I like David Fincher's films, and this is no exception--a mystery that turns on a dime into a sharp black comedy. There's talk of Rosamund Pike getting an Oscar nomination, and she deserves to get it--I thought she'd be only a supporting character, but she owns the movie! Great show!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Agent KinoAgent Kino New YorkPosts: 202MI6 Agent
    I watched The Purge: Anarchy last night after class.

Honestly, I was impressed. They are supposed to be horror movies, but they aren't. This one was very action-packed and these movies keep getting better and better. Plus I now see that they are trying to build a story to create more in the future. I am very excited for this.
    1. Goldfinger 2. Skyfall 3. Goldeneye 4. The Spy Who Loved Me 5. OHMSS
    Check out my Instagram: @livingthebondlife
    "I never joke about my work, 007."
    -{ I too enjoy the Purge films and agree, they're more thrillers
    Than horror. :D
    At first I was mad that I wasn't scared when watching, but as this series is expanding on itself, I am glad it is a thriller because its unique and I think can get big quick.
    I love how they expanded the scope of the second film and hope
    If they get a bigger budget, they can expand the story and ideas
    For the next one. -{
    Not sure how it did in the box office. I used to work at a cinema and regret I still don't. I could always tell which movies were doing well based on how many came to showings and talked about it with us afterwards. We had some real geeky movie buffs. But I think this one did well and I hope they can expand. I would keep watching these. I mean I don't know how many more movies they could get away with. I would assume another 2 and they could corrupt the government and all that.
    Yes, the government angle would be good, as we now have a resistance
    Movement fighting them. I think "The Purge" has a lot of connections to
    Some of the old 70s horror / Si-Fi films.
    Like Death race 2000, which also had a resistance fighting an oppressive
    Right wing government. I also think ( but this could just be me ) it's an
    Anti-gun film, with people ( in the film) screaming " It's my right" about
    The right to, free the beast and kill for the evening. Then I might be reading
    Too much into it. :))
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Just got back from Gone Girl. I like David Fincher's films, and this is no exception--a mystery that turns on a dime into a sharp black comedy. There's talk of Rosamund Pike getting an Oscar nomination, and she deserves to get it--I thought she'd be only a supporting character, but she owns the movie! Great show!
    I just finished the book, in anticipation of seeing the film. But the book's ending made me so angry that now I have no desire to see the movie. That has never happened to me before. Shame, because I also am a Fincher fan and have similarly heard that Rosamund is excellent as Amy.
    Hilly...you old devil!
    Dirty Dancing :#

Not my Idea, the GF's :))
    " No body puts Baby in a corner " :))