Last film seen...

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Yep :# I've never seen them but I think they were straight to video rubbish.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    watched Clint Eastwood the other night in GRAN TORINO, great film ,totally not what you would expect from the title,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    The Guardians of the Galaxy :
    As others have all ready pointed out, a terrific film. Full of fun and action. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Yes -{ I can't wait for a Sequel.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,276MI6 Agent
    Sumptious print of The Ipcress File on BBC4 last night.

Though Harry Palmer was conceived as the antithesis of Bond, I find watching it today it feels more like an old-time Bond film than the current crop. It was produced by Harry Saltzman, you have a charismatic, cheeky star turn from Michael Caine and John Barry's achingly cool score (though some bits of it utilise the same vibe that Barry uses in Thunderball). There's also the Cold War vibe to it. The whole cast is great, including Guy Dolman who turns up as Lippe in Thunderball.

Great stuff.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Agreed a great film, I always loved the fight on the steps to the
    Albert hall, some shot through the glass of a telephone booth. -{
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    The Imitation Game, with Benedict Cumberbatch as the genius behind breaking the Enigma code. Great as a behind-the-lines spy story, as a history movie, and as a character study. Recommended!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    Enjoyed Damien: The Omen 2 last night. I love the omen movies
    And have the box set. -{ Jerry Goldsmith's score is amazing.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Enjoyed Damien: The Omen 2 last night. I love the omen movies
    And have the box set. -{ Jerry Goldsmith's score is amazing.

Rewatched them about 10 years ago, need to re-watch!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    I watched one of my favourite action films last night: Speed, after a night of watching '97 classics - Face/Off and Air Force One - both stupid, but very enjoyable to watch.
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
    Well, we have on London TV today, Goldfinger,and tonight Golden eye, yesterday we had a choice of FRWL and Chitty chitty bang bang, (for the record I watched CCBB) :D im just a great big soft old Hector :))
    Well I'll be sitting down to Goldfinger. With some shortbread biscuits
    And a cup of tea ! :D
    Well I'll be sitting down to Goldfinger. With some shortbread biscuits
    And a cup of tea ! :D

Sounds like my type of afternoon :) :)
    Cpt America, The winter Soldier.
    Epic, superhero stuff, great story and great cast. Some of the action
    Sequences are simply stunning. -{
    Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Just noticed on the Horror Channel, they're showing ....
    Nude nuns with big guns :o sounds like a Classic. :))
    IM watching the great John Thaw ,in Goodnight Mr Tom,(I must of seen it about a dozen times,) :)
    Its set during WW2, its about a small boy ,who is an evacuee ,moved from London to an idyllic English village .The boy,William,is billeted with this grumpy old man played by John ,in wich I think,is his best performance. I wont go on,
    as if you have never seen it ,I don't want to spoil it for you .It may not sound like a film that may appeal to some of you, there are no guns,no car chases, no sex, just good old plain England at its best.Please give it a try :x
    I saw it on Broadcast on ITV -{
    We have it on DVD. ;)
    The Dark Night

A Masterpiece of Film making -{
    I love all three of Nolan's Batman films. {[]
    If Ledger had not died, he could of transfered his Performance as the Joker over to a Bond Villain -{
    It's a brilliant performance. {[]
    Watched the wonderful ( national treasure) Dame Judi in " Esio Trot" -{
    Beautiful little Roald Dahl story. :) on bbc1 last night.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,276MI6 Agent
    Bouncing between BBC4 and 1980s Top of the Pops - the Piranhas! Bad Manners! and a truly excellent film, The Bourne Identity. Don't care what others say about Paul Greengrass, it's the first and Doug Liman that is the best for me, with wonderfully evocative shots of Paris and real truth to the relations between Damon and Famke Polente who turns in an excellent performance - but all the supporting cast are sublime. Sheer brilliance and for me more of a Bond film in terms of sheer entertainment value than recent efforts.

That said, saw a chunk of DAD yesterday and enjoyed it more than Skyfall - can't believe in either but at least DAD has some brightness, balls and colour.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    That said, saw a chunk of DAD yesterday and enjoyed it more than Skyfall - can't believe in either but at least DAD has some brightness, balls and colour.
    I'm right there with you my friend! {[]
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    The other day my wife forced me to watch a bit of
    Seven Brides for Seven Brothers !
    Camp, isin't the word for it :D but there is a part of it
    When they go round kidnapping young girls. At which I
    Pointed out that this film probably gave Boko Haram the
    Idea in the first place. :))
    At least your Other Half has not forced you to watch Dirty Dancing :# :))
    Oh, yes I have ! :#
    Having to listen to how sexy Patrick Swayze was,
    How much of a good dancer Patrick Swayze was
    How singing was another talent Patrick Swayze had
    Oh, and have I told you how sexy Patrick Swayze .......... :))
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Oh, yes I have ! :#
    Having to listen to how sexy Patrick Swayze was,
    How much of a good dancer Patrick Swayze was
    How singing was another talent Patrick Swayze had
    Oh, and have I told you how sexy Patrick Swayze .......... :))
    Very similar experience here at Piz Chrisisall.
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS