Last film seen...

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Spoff wrote:
    Just re-watched Pirates of the Caribbean with the missus.

It's not bad, but not great either.
    Give CutThroat Island a spin- it's just a big goofy Pirate movie! -{
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    A solder and his family. Godzilla and his antics are almost a secondary story.

That's the problem - not enough Godzilla! I understand the thinking behind not overexposing the monster, and thereby making each of its appearances special, but I think it was carried to extremes in this movie. I was especially frustrated by the scene in which Godzilla engaged in his first big battle with the MUTO. Showing a glimpse on the fight on a television screen, and then immediately cutting away and not showing any more was a terrible choice, IMO. It really ruined a movie that had potential because the big guy looks better than he has in many years.

It's better then the 1998 Film though :))

Indeed it is! :))
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Edge of Tomorrow :
    Tom Cruise sci-fi outing, a mix of groundhog day and starship troupers. I thought
    It was great fun.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Edge of Tomorrow :
    Tom Cruise sci-fi outing, a mix of groundhog day and starship troupers. I thought
    It was great fun.
    {[] Tom seems to always deliver the goods!
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,807MI6 Agent
    I think Edge of Tomorrow was probably the best action movie last year :)
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I brought it on DVD last Week in fact, and I was blown away by it.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    And the Cuts :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    stag wrote:
    LTK is on TV as I type but I am going to watch it on DVD so as to swerve the ad breaks!

Watching it on ITVHD now...keep forgetting how good it is! -{
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    Just finished LTK, gutted GE isn't on next week. Instead, it's Twister. Anyway, this viewing of LTK has made me like the film even more, shall be changing my film rankings now!
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
    ITV always seems to treat the Brosnan Films as a completely different Series ?:)
    Yes, I've noticed the Brosnan Bonds do seem to be treated as a separate
    Series almost. :)) I wonder do ITV consider them " Modern" so get shown
    At night ? :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Wonder if you can pickup ITV in Germany lol
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    I can hear the Screams from here :))
    Se7en :
    Haven't seen it in years, almost forgot how good it was, Surprised to notice how
    Young Morgan Freeman looks in it, as I'm used to seeing him playing much older
    Characters in movies these days. ;)
    An all round great cast,with a grim but fascinating story, a first class thriller. Well
    Worth watching again. -{
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    :# Trainspotting, a brilliant film by Danny Boyle about a group of heroin addicts in Edinbrugh. Ewan McGregor is fantastic as the lead. It's a dark film, but it's not entirely without humour. One of the characters: Sick Boy, is a die hard Bond fan and often recites trivia from the films. He was played by Johnny Lee-Miller, who is Bernard Lee's grandson. A pre TWINE Robert Carlyle plays Begbie, a violent psychotic.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,608Chief of Staff
    Bad Neighbours - bad film !
    YNWA 97
    Star Trek: The Motion Picture on Blu Ray. Wow, it's like this is the first time since 1979 that I've really seen it! I forgot how colourful it is- the previous tapes & DVD's make it look so drab... this is 2001/Blade Runner level stuff, visually. B-)
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    I brought it on DVD last Week in fact, and I was blown away by it.

I bought the Blu-Ray and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Looking forward to watching it again, because I'm sure there are some things I missed the first go round.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    For St. Patty's Day we watched Darby O'Gill & The Little People! Man, Sean was so young! And singing! When he beat up that idiot guy I was thinking that dude was lucky that he wasn't fighting Sean three years hence! :))
    I remembers seeing that as a kid and it scared the crap out of me ! :))
    I remembers seeing that as a kid and it scared the crap out of me ! :))
    Clearly you scared easy. :007)
    A headless carriage driver, a flying hearse, too much for 5yr old Thunderpussy ! :))
    ( I saw it on a re-release by the way, as I'm still incredibly young ! ;) )
    Watched Piranha last night. :)) still think it's a great comedy/horror.
    Silly with over the top gore.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,807MI6 Agent
    I finaly saw Gone Girl. Great plot, great performances and an ace director. In many ways a modern Hitchcock movie.
    Watched Ten little Indians yesterday. I love a good murder mystery.
    Today, Fletch lives, I love the two Fletch films, very funny. And at the moment
    I'm finally watching Daniel Craig in The Girl with the dragon tattoo. -{
    Just finished watching Girl with the dragon tattoo. -{ Brilliant film
    Plenty of endings :) good performances, story and cinematography
    Pitty this English language version didn't do better business. As I now
    Want to know what the other stories are about ! :))
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    There was something on tv about biggy smalls tonight.

It was ****.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Life Itself, the documentary about the life of film critic Roger Ebert. A fascinating life story, and ultimately very moving, given what cancer did to him and how he was determined to work despite it.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Life Itself, the documentary about the life of film critic Roger Ebert. A fascinating life story, and ultimately very moving, given what cancer did to him and how he was determined to work despite it.
    Make me cry why don't you... :#
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,368Chief of Staff
    Cowboys & Aliens

I wasn't interested in this one at the time and then had a copy handed to me a couple.of days ago so I sat and watched it.
    Dreadful, cynical film. Waste of time. I only stuck with it because one of my favourite actors was starring, a man forever identified with one of the greatest action heroes of all time. Daniel Craig was there, too.