Bond on US T.V.

Comments

• VampiressRNVampiressRN CaliforniaPosts: 203MI6 Agent
    I don't see the usual Wednesday night AMC Bond shows. I hope they aren't discontinuing that. :#
  • 00640064 Somewhere out west...Posts: 1,083MI6 Agent
    Fear Not. They are taking a break for about two weeks and then they are going to have a mini-marathon of two days. I have the times and will postthem soon. Worry not Vampy, they will be back.
    Bless you...I look forward to the intel. I will be busy for a few weeks anyway (my Mom is coming for a visit) and we will shop til we drop, plus have tickets to go see David Sanborn & Chris Boti, and also Michael Buble' so we are all fixed on the music front. Sounds like Bond will be back just in time for me. ;%
    edited March 2006
    Look up, Look Down, Look out... there is another mini marathon. Here are the times:

Sat. Mar 25
    5:30 AM/EST On Her Majesty's Secret Service Color 142 min

8:30 AM/EST A View to a Kill Color 131 min

11:15 AM/EST License to Kill Color 133 min

2:00 PM/EST The Man with the Golden Gun Color 125 min

4:45 PM/EST The Spy Who Loved Me Color 125 min

7:30 PM/EST You Only Live Twice Color 118 min

11:15 PM/EST Diamonds Are Forever Color 120 min

And Sunday, the 26th:

1:45 AM/EST On Her Majesty's Secret Service Color 142 min

4:45 AM/EST The Spy Who Loved Me Color 125 min

7:30 AM/EST The Man with the Golden Gun Color 125 min

10:15 AM/EST Live and Let Die Color 121 min

12:45 PM/EST Diamonds Are Forever Color 120 min

3:15 PM/EST You Only Live Twice Color 118 min

5:45 PM/EST Dr. No Color 111 min

8:00 PM/EST Goldfinger Color 112 min

10:15 PM/EST From Russia with Love Color 118 min

And three on Monday, the 27th:

12:45 AM/EST Dr. No Color 111 min

3:00 AM/EST From Russia with Love Color 118 min

5:45 PM/EST Goldfinger Color 112 min

And that is all that I have until April 1st, when I will find out more. Please know that this info may not be the same for all areas. Nonetheless, Enjoy.

Most excellent...thanks a ton 0064. Will catch some of the weekend Bonding. :007)
    Forgot to say....had lunch the last few days at The Claim Jumper and ordered their "James Bond Martini" with Bombay Saphire Gin. Absolut Vodka and a lemon twist.....ever so smooth and just the right touch for a nice little meal. -{
    Welcome back Vampy, you were gone right???
    Yep, my Mom is visiting me, so we have been busy. May be MIA for a few days here and there for the next week too.

There is a new show on tonight called The Evidence, so I hope I can stay awake long enough to catch it.
    http://www.tv.com/the-evidence/show/30510/summary.html
  • somethingsomething Posts: 21MI6 Agent
    man i wish they would play some bond on non-cable tvi mean it sucks i moved from my apartment in massachusetts which had cable to out here in the effing desert and they jacked up the cable price horribly
    Yeah so sad....we pay a fortune for cable or dish and still nothing good on TV. X-(
    see i wouldnt mind paying a lil bit more cable here in az than i did in ma but here the lanlord of my apartment charges people an additoinal fee every month for cable, it's like if you had a dog you get a monthly fee it's b.s. stuff like that wouldnt happen back in boston. I guess cause people back there alot more angry and dont put up with b.s.
    Extra for cable...thats insane...Tomorrow the Bond Marathon starts...I have little homework too...:)
    yea it sucks ass, the only cool thing is once in a great while they put on some brosnan bond flicks on like upn
    i swear the television gods just like to mock me,for some reason i the only "cable" station i get is the Tvguide channel and its fuzzy. It's pretty annoying seeing listing on AMC maybe ill watch the static for a few hours
    All I gotta say is VCR/DVD. You can get a player for about $40 or maybe less. Then start that collection of VCRs or DVDs, it is worth the investment. :007)
    yea it sucks i use to have every film on vhs and a dvd/vhs player but all that stuffs still in my apartment that i shared with my older brother in mass. and once he gets a hold of my stuff he usually doesnt give it up without a fight
    Well if it is your stuff, why not ask him if you can take him out to dinner and come by to pick up your things? Certainly your James Bond films would be of no use to him....LOL -{
    well ever since we where little once he got a hold of my stuff he wouldnt let it go. Sibling Rivalry i guess, i plus i cant just take him out to diner cause he lives on the other side of the country now.
    Excellent weekend. Managed to catch Dr. No as well as LALD and DAF. I really like DAF now. Anybody else see any of it.
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    edited March 2006
    DAF grows on me and I like LALD, I know it used to be your favorite Bond movie awhile ago.
    Yeah, I used to like LALD and still do, just to a certain extent. I watched it too much. DAF on the other hand, I must fix my rankings. :D
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    One thing about DAF though, I really liked Tiffany Case until she got to the oil rig and lost all of her brains.
    Oh it looks to me like GF start in four minutes at 4:45 for those of you interested.
    edited March 2006
    spoiled people with cable! the closest i get to seeing bond movies on amc is when tvguide channel lists their time. So in vain i try to turn to the station and of course its static, i keep thinking maybe the tv gods will smile on me let me have free cable just for amc but alas they do not :'(
    Sorry Something, but if you can get just AMC get it. There have been alot of Bond films lately.
    yea it sucks i was getting free cable for like months and then i called about getting DSL and its the same company as the cable and when they installed the dsl somehow they found out about my free cable they said they wouldnt charge retro-activly but they were cutting it off that was a sad day
    Bummer....guess you better work a few extra hours here and there to save up for the DVDs and player, that might be your only saving grace.

I caught part of everything this last weekend and my Mom even saw a little of them. She was funny, she said "all he does is kill people, drink and have sex, then to top it off, his hair never looks out of place" and I said "Yep, that is the Bond I love." -{
    yea i can by those like forgein bond ones for 143 for all 20 films but im jsut afraid they wont work in my ps2
    Good luck something. Vampy, I often get the same reaction from my parents, either that or a no way, he didn't just do that.
    Bummer....I don't see any Bond on AMC for this coming Wednesday. D_mned TV stations....just when they get you all hooked on some regularly scheduled showings, they change. X-(