GoldenEye 007

Comments

• toutbruntoutbrun Washington, USAPosts: 1,501MI6 Agent
    The Force wrote:
    If you still like goldeneye 64, go to detstar.com

hands down, the best place for everything goldeneye

The website doesn't exist anymore but I found this archive of it

http://web.archive.org/web/20060615212019/goldeneye.detstar.com/

It is amazing! There is everything you would want to know about the game!
    If you can't trust a Swiss banker, what's the world come to?
  • 007vg007vg Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    This was by far my favorite installment of the 007 Video Game series. I would like it if they made a recreation of this for Wii. Even if it was the exact same game I would still buy it.
  • Mortimer_McGeeMortimer_McGee Posts: 14MI6 Agent
    Well, they just released the original Perfect Dark on the Xbox 360 Marketplace, with somewhat upgraded graphics, increased framerate, and online multiplayer. It contains several multiplayer maps (and weapons, I believe) from Goldeneye.

Considering PD was also made by Rare, a similar treatment of Goldeneye isn't completely out of the question. Microsoft owns Rare now, though, so it would likely appear on their console if it were to be released.
  • xman25xman25 Houston, TexasPosts: 80MI6 Agent
    Goldeneye is coming to the Wii in November. It's staring Daniel Craig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHFRFd0PE9c

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3179852

xman25
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,230MI6 Agent
    I just saw the trailer for the new Goldeneye on G4 as part of their E3 coverage. I can't wait to play it this fall.
  • xman25xman25 Houston, TexasPosts: 80MI6 Agent
  • CJ007GoldeneyeCJ007Goldeneye LondonPosts: 587MI6 Agent
    The graphics looks rubbish should of been released for the 360 and Ps3 where goldeneye would show its true potential!
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    The graphics looks rubbish should of been released for the 360 and Ps3 where goldeneye would show its true potential!

:D Very true
  • DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent
    IDK about this call... This feels like the video game version of (Wii) NSNA to (N64) Thunderball

And I agree about the graphics. FWIS that would look good on the 'Cube.
  • whiteknight86whiteknight86 MexicoPosts: 43MI6 Agent
    edited June 2010

If they want to get real profits, the game sooner or later will be released for the 360 and Ps3. When I heard about the notice about the new goldeneye I got really excited, and immediately down after reading the line "only for wii". I got really angry because I was mainly encouraged to purchase my xbox 360 to play Quantum of solace. What the hell they have in mind, nintendo wii is intended for kids.

And how they get Daniel Craig on a Pierce Brosnan movie, pay Brosnan to get him on the game damn it!!! I´m sure they are going to do the same they did with QoS: the only actors whose faces are on the game were Craig, Olga Kurylenko, Judy Dench, Eva Green (more or less), Mads Mikkelsen, Matheiu Mathieu Amalric and Joaquín Cosío. That´s just strictly the main characters. Second characters including Mr. White, Alexander Dimitrios, Mollaca, the other bomber, Gettler, Guy Hanes were casted with another face.

Although the limited graphics of n64, all the characters in the game had all the actors´faces. Perhaps they should make a Lego James Bond Game, that way they dont have to pay any actor.
    Half monk, half hitman
  • Martin AstonMartin Aston LondonPosts: 408MI6 Agent
    The game won't be coming out on any other platform.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/activision_explains_goldeneye_nintendo_exclusivity.html

Activision explains GoldenEye Nintendo exclusivity

By VideoGamer.com Staff - 24/06/2010 - 1:09pm GMT
    Cites gap in shooter market on Wii - wanted to partner with Nintendo.

GoldenEye 007, from Activision and Eurocom, is exclusive to Nintendo because of a gap in the Wii's line-up and because Activision wanted to partner with Nintendo. That's according to Brian Pass, senior producer at Activision.

When asked why GoldenEye 007 is exclusive to Nintendo platforms, Pass said: "There are a number of different reasons for that. One's we have a partnership with Nintendo. It's a great opportunity. This game was originally on the N64, so there's the nostalgia factor for people that are Nintendo fans. So we wanted to partner with Nintendo for this.

"There's opportunity. So, the opportunity on the Nintendo Wii platform is huge. There's roughly 12 million Wiis in North America. But it's not really a console that a lot of shooter fans are playing on. So we wanted to offer them their own first-person shooter, that's unique and exclusive to that console."

Pass thinks the reason gamers aren't playing shooters on the Wii is because they don't like using the Wii Remote and Nunchuck. GoldenEye 007 will feature Classic Pro Controller support.

"Why are people not playing shooters on the Wii? I don't know," said Pass. "Maybe it's because people don't like using the Wii Remote and the Nunchuck. They don't like using the pointing device. Now they've got the Classic Pro Controller. This is dual analogue stick. It's got the exact same layout you find on PS3 or 360.

"You put this in a shooter fan's hands and they instantly know how to play. We feel that the opportunity and the time is right. And partnering with Nintendo is a huge opportunity for us. We really want to tap in to the nostalgia for Nintendo fans, and take advantage of the opportunity presented by the platform."

Xbox 360 and PS3 owners hoping they'll get a version of GoldenEye 007 in the future probably shouldn't get their hopes up. "We can't talk about that," commented Pass, while Dawn Pinkney, primary producer, Eurocom simply said that "it belongs to the platform that it should be on, which is Nintendo".

GoldenEye 007 is due for release on Wii and Nintendo DS in November.
  • whiteknight86whiteknight86 MexicoPosts: 43MI6 Agent
    I´m really sad to know that. You know, I became a Bondfan and a gamer because of goldeneye 64. But well, they its their problem then if they want to close their market. Why anyone plays shooters on wii? Because it is for kids. Perfect Dark was for nintendo 64 too and they did release it for 360, dont come with that story about nostalgia.
    Half monk, half hitman
    Other than Judi Dench, no other cast member's from the film version on working on this updated game. I just hope that in addition to the gun play/ multiplayer, there is some actual spy work to be done in Goldeneye. QOS the game had very little spy type activities in it, which is what turned me off from playing it further after completing the Easy mode.
  • JimmyBond0129JimmyBond0129 United States Posts: 263MI6 Agent
    And how they get Daniel Craig on a Pierce Brosnan movie, pay Brosnan to get him on the game damn it!!!

Anybody who still wants Pierce Brosnan or Roger Moore as James Bond after all these years is stupid. Because they're old. THEY. ARE. TOO. OLD. You'd think these jaded fanboys would've grasped that assessment by now because it's not hard to tell when one is too old for something.

Oh and the by way, graphics aren't everything. I mean look at games like Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2. They're pretty as hell but some of the characters could've been written a little bit better. And the AI is just plain retarded sometimes.
    "I admire your courage, Miss?..." "Trench, Sylvia Trench."

"I admire your luck, Mister?..." "Bond, James Bond."
  • The StingerThe Stinger Posts: 36MI6 Agent
    Anybody who still wants Pierce Brosnan or Roger Moore as James Bond after all these years is stupid. Because they're old. THEY. ARE. TOO. OLD.

For a videogame? For VOICE WORK? 8-)

Anyhow, though I'd prefer to have the Brozzer cast as Bond for this, I admit I am a bit curious regarding this updated rehash. Bearing in mind the status of the franchise, it seems we'll end up having two Craig outings in the same year. Who'd've thought it?
    Craig is playing Bond in the new Goldeneye for two reasons:

1. He is the current James Bond to film goers.

2. In order to make the game appeal to current gamers, the story got over hauled and the Cold War backround and 1995 setting of the film have been dumped for the present time. The core themes of the original screenplay, friendship, trust, betrayal, and revenge at still present as are all of the film characters thought their back stories have also changed (Example: Valentine Zukovsky is no longer a former KGB agent.) After I read this, I am even more interested in playing the game.
  • Ricardo C.Ricardo C. Posts: 916MI6 Agent
    PPK 7.65mm wrote:
    Craig is playing Bond in the new Goldeneye for two reasons:

1. He is the current James Bond to film goers.

2. In order to make the game appeal to current gamers, the story got over hauled and the Cold War backround and 1995 setting of the film have been dumped for the present time. The core themes of the original screenplay, friendship, trust, betrayal, and revenge at still present as are all of the film characters thought their back stories have also changed (Example: Valentine Zukovsky is no longer a former KGB agent.) After I read this, I am even more interested in playing the game.

Actually it has a lot to do with the fact that Goldeneye 007 can't be released on Xbox Live Arcade or Nintendo's Vitural Console. The reason being is Nintendo sold the company that developed the game, Rareware, to Mircosoft over five years ago. The rights are tied up in legal red tape so taking advantage of the Bond licence, Activision decided just to remake the game.

BTW if you want to read the all time dumbest review of Goldeneye 007, look no further than this review at allegedly aired on American television years ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5-zAljF4B0

I mean wow. Just wow. You are complaining about poor cinematics on Nintendo 64 in 1997. That is the tip of the iceberg.

And the online review ripping that one, stupid but kinda funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEaGhweF1g0&feature=related
    If you live in the US, check out the October issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly, it has an article on the new Goldeneye. Like its original incarnation the article say that the gun play will be broken up by occasional spying activities(Something which has been lacking in the last two games.) Also their are multiple paths to reach your objective at the end of the levels, so it looks like the single player mode will get some mileage this way. Another promising feature of the updated game is the muti player which has options like Paintball mode, You Only Live Twice, and many others. Also like in the multi player mode in Nightfire, if you play as Odd Job you can toss his bowler hat at other players.

As the game moves forward, I keep getting more and more excited about playing it once its hits retail.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_yhlHOzp78&feature=related

First level of Goldeneye Wii. Things have been updated as Bruce Firestein said. The Soviet chemical weapons plant is now a base of operations for General Ourunov who is selling weapons to terrorists.
    You all HAVE to watch this funny crap. Micheal G. Wilson at this James Bond gaming event. There was a very uncomfortable silence after Wilson said "I wish we were launching a movie" followed by his nervous laughter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bJiwJQ0Lso&feature=related
    I went and preordered my copy from Gamestop. Its not a pratice that I do often, though having spent many hours play ing the orginal game on the Nintendo 64 and being the James Bond fantic that I am I just had to play the first chance I get.

I can't wait for it to come out since the last good Bond video game that I played was Everything or Nothing for the Gamecube.
    PPK 7.65mm wrote:
    I went and preordered my copy from Gamestop. Its not a pratice that I do often, though having spent many hours play ing the orginal game on the Nintendo 64 and being the James Bond fantic that I am I just had to play the first chance I get.

I can't wait for it to come out since the last good Bond video game that I played was Everything or Nothing for the Gamecube.

I like the updated story though I wish more thought and effort were put into the looks of Trevelyan and Ourumov. I understand not using the original actors as models but come on, is that the best alternative you can come up with ?
    Can someone please tell me why on Daniel Craig's IMDB page there is no credit for the Goldeneye video game?

He is only credited for QOS the game and Bloodstone right now.
  • billybobbillybob Posts: 42MI6 Agent
    Can't say that I am very impressed with this game. I remember it as awesome back in the day but with games like halo and CoD this game just feels too slow.
  • SilentSpySilentSpy Private Exotic AreaPosts: 765MI6 Agent
    The original Goldeneye is still an amazing game (as is Perfect Dark). I remember doubting it but the game really made you play like a spy and become Bond. No simple run and shoot stuff like most FPS. Also, I like the mission breakdown and playing on 00 Agent. I'm waiting on the price drop on this new version just because I think it's a cash in.
    "Better late than never."
    Well I played thought the first level, and it was pretty fun. I am glad this game gives the player some gadgets to work with. Bond's smart phone can take digital photographs and can also be used hack computers with. Unlike most other Bond video games of the past, this one uses stealth for a majority of the game play. The player can craw thought ventilation ducts, and preform some cool stealth take downs, in addition to using head shots and destorying security camera so they don't find you. I am glad that I pre ordered it, hopefully this week end my friends and I can have a multiplay match.
  • TracyTracy the VillagePosts: 369MI6 Agent
    Out of curiosity, is the Lobb still a usable weapon in this game?

(Trivia: the Lobb was named after Ken Lobb, a then-video game designer at Nintendo. Originally it was supposed to be called the Klebb, then someone realized that there would be copyright issues due to FRWL's Rosa Klebb and so hastily renamed it after the guy who designed the in-game weapon.)
    Flattery will get you nowhere, but don't stop trying.
  • DaltonFan1DaltonFan1 The West of IrelandPosts: 503MI6 Agent
    Tracy wrote:
    Out of curiosity, is the Lobb still a usable weapon in this game?

(Trivia: the Lobb was named after Ken Lobb, a then-video game designer at Nintendo. Originally it was supposed to be called the Klebb, then someone realized that there would be copyright issues due to FRWL's Rosa Klebb and so hastily renamed it after the guy who designed the in-game weapon.)

I believe it was actually called the Klobb. Amazingly ineffective weapon. I actually found sticking with the PP7(walther ppk) more effective.
    “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to a better understanding of ourselves.” - Carl Jung
    The Klobb (in reality the Vz 61 Skorpion machine pistol) appears in the DS port of the game only. The Berretta M93R and Kriss Super V fill its role in the Wii version. Speaking of which this game has quite a good selection of weapons in it. You have the Walther P99, H&K MP5A3 and MP5K, AK47, Walther WA 2000 sniper rifle, FN P90 SMG and many others similar to the weapons in the original game for the Nintendo 64.
    I just heard that Activision is porting the remake of Goldeneye to the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.

I must say that I honestly do not feel bitter that this game is being ported to other consoles, after how lackluster I heard Bloodstone was, it seems fitting that gamers/Bond fans should be allowed to play a decent game, with some espionage elements in it rather than just gun fight after gun fight.