member of the month

2»

Comments

• JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    True, but of course, anyone knows I never let anything go to my head right? ;)

But I wouldn't get high and mighty about it, though whoever would do the interview certainly could and I wouldn't go on an AVTAK rant to spite them in any way (or will I? ;))
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    I'd say Loeffloz (However you spell it?){[]
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
    Member of the Month (or similar) has been suggested many times before and I’ve always been against any such form of competition; but I have to say I like JFF’s idea of making it part of the feature article section and turning it into a pattern question & answer interview. That way we’d see various members thoughts on similar subjects. As to how the candidates are chosen – how about leaving it up to the mods? They’re from different backgrounds and have a broad range of opinion and it would still be possible for anyone to PM a mod suggesting their choice of member and reasons why they’d like to know more about that individual. It would then of course be up to the selectee whether or not to participate.

My only concern would be in giving any one person the job of interviewer, which might easily lead to it's own ego implications. Wouldn't it be possible for a pattern interview (with scope for individual interpretation) to be written and sent to each candidate to fill-in? That way, the job of editor/interviewer could be anonymous and pass to anyone who was suitable and available.

That is exactl the system I've had in mind for years! It's just getting round to putting it into practice. It will be more of a set interview / opinions, more of a get to know the member. There will be no form of competition involved, I will probably allow the current member of the month to pick the next one and maybe add a question or two of their own in.

There for you have a rolling interview but with the odd new question.
    Simon