CR Trailer Script

Comments

• AlessandraAlessandra Lake Garda, ItalyPosts: 633MI6 Agent
    Alessandra wrote:
    That song, one of my favourites, is called "let's call the whole thing off". You say either and I say either, you say neither, and I say either.... I love this song! Used to sing it with a British colleague of mine :D
    I was being ironic, just for reference ;)

I got the irony, but I just love that song too much! And it is oh-so-true. I remember reading about someone wanting to create an American-British English dictionary because of all the misunderstandings due to the different words. I think the most embarassing was someone American telling how they were climbing up a gate and they tore their pants. And the British person saying "how could you tear your pants without tearing your trousers?". :D Bad humour, I know, but these are the consequences when a person speaks American and the other speaks British English.

So, it's Bond's sculpted ASS. I see no statues of donkeys around Vesper, so I presume she intends Bond's bottom :))
    "Are we on coms?" (if you don't know where this is from... you've missed some really good stuff! :D)
  • JohmssJohmss Posts: 274MI6 Agent
    well, three pages for my first topic... not bad, not bad at all.
    Anyhow, thanks a lot for the script... i´m working on it so when i finnish it, i´ll let you see,

Arse, Ass.... both mean the same thing in spanish (well, not the same, are synonymous)

P.D. i don´t heard arse or ass... i hope it says "arse"... just to keep the brits up!
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    This is obviously a debate of monumental importance and one I am sure our world leaders are all conferencing about as we speak.

In the name of world peace I have sat through this a hundred times (well,twice) with headphones for clarity and she definitely, absolutely, unequivocally says arse.

If its any help, she also says arse in IEU2D version :))

( It would appear from these responses though, it all depends which side of the pond you're on as to which version you hear .... but its arse :D )
  • Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    Lady Rose wrote:
    This is obviously a debate of monumental importance and one I am sure our world leaders are all conferencing about as we speak.

In the name of world peace I have sat through this a hundred times (well,twice) with headphones for clarity and she definitely, absolutely, unequivocally says arse.

If its any help, she also says arse in IEU2D version :))

( It would appear from these responses though, it all depends which side of the pond you're on as to which version you hear .... but its arse :D )

My arse it is!
  • i expect u2 diei expect u2 die LondonPosts: 583MI6 Agent
    I'm definitely hearing arse. Rather than sexy humour (as many have said 'ass' would be), it felt to me more like 'rude british humour', which would also fit in with the slightly masculine side to Vesper's personality, what with her wearing all these suits and all.
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,707MI6 Agent
    Monique wrote:
    I beleive Haggis is Canadian so he's prone to both.

Are you accusing the scriptwriter of this film of being prone to arse? That was quite an accusation back in my school playground... :D
    benskelly wrote:
    Wrong wrong wrong. :))

Well, it was an all boys school...
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    It would have been easier if she had just said 'tuchus'
  • agent_sprigganagent_spriggan Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    Red Indian wrote:
    I thought I would weigh in on this, having watched the trailer A LOT lately, she does say "a$$." As others have pointed out, it's her accent that is throwing people off. As for Le Chiffe, he does indeed say "yield."

I was reading Fleming's CR last night, and here's what Le Chiffe says as he is describing his thoughts on torture (while he's performing it) to Bond:

"It is not the immediate agony, but also the thought that your manhood is being gradually destroyed and that at the end, if you will not yield, you will no longer be a man."

I'm sure we can understand they have changed the dialogue a bit, but the basic premise is still there.

Infact that little portion of dialogue from Le Chiffre is in the script although it's been changed abit it's almost word for word with the line from the trailer following that.
    edited September 2006
    benskelly wrote:
    I think the great Alessandra, being Italian, and therefore neutral in this debate should be the deciding voice. ;)

Thank you for having invested me of such power Ben . And from my Italian neutral ground, I say it's ass. And it doesn't matter that the only place outside of Italy where I would live is Boston (and Paris). :))

Am I actually being the judge of "asses" and "arses"? I do feel important right now. :))
    "Are we on coms?" (if you don't know where this is from... you've missed some really good stuff! :D)
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,280MI6 Agent
    Four pages debating "ass" vs. "arse". I don't know, it all seems a bit anal to me.
    benskelly wrote:
    Tony Blair just released a statement. He says it's "ass". But Bush probably told him to say that. ;)

Hmm.... change the names and....

[BUSH] Read that sign, Blair.

Hugh looks at a sign on Stephen's desk.

[BLAIR] "The buck stops at my ass."

[BUSH] See, that's why I have this star Blair. Because
    my ass is on the line.

[BLAIR] The bottom line ... ?

[BUSH] The bottom line.

[BLAIR] I understand.

[BUSH] Well, I am glad you got your ass straight on that
    one. Now Blair, I've got myself a problem.

[BLAIR] A problem, sir?

[BUSH] Yup. Seems that some goddamn college boy on
    the fifth floor wants a piece of my ass ...

[BLAIR] Your ass, sir?

[BUSH] You bet your ass, my ass. If I could just get
    my hands on this guy's ass, his ass is history.

[BLAIR] Whose ass would that be sir?

[BUSH] The guy who's got his ass in my face, Blair.

[BLAIR] Sir?

[BUSH] Yes, Blair?

[BLAIR] How does my ass fit into all of this?

[BUSH] It's very simple, Blair. You are aware that
    your ass is mine?

[BLAIR] It is sir?

[BUSH] Oh yes, your ass is mine, mister. The day you
    joined the government, you signed your ass over to me.

[BLAIR] I get it, sir.

[BUSH] Oh you do, do you?

[BLAIR] This guy wants a piece of your ass, so you're
    thinking that, being as my ass is yours, maybe you
    could give him a piece of my ass as a way of saving
    your ass.

[BUSH] Shut your ass, Blair. Nobody likes a smart
    Alec. Now boy ...

[BLAIR] Sir?

[BUSH] Got your ass with you?

[BLAIR] Yes sir.

Hugh plops the bag on the desk. Stephen looks into the bag.

[BLAIR] With respect, sir, don't jerk my ass around.

[BUSH] Mm. Nice piece of ass.

Yes. I think that works.
  • Red IndianRed Indian BostonPosts: 427MI6 Agent
    edited September 2006
    Tony and Emtiem, you just made this whole circus worthwhile! Thanks for the laughs!

Tony, I laugh out loud when I imagine Roger (insert arched eyebrow here) speaking your line! :))
    edited September 2006
    Emtiem, that was pure genius. Still laughing out loud, I don't want to wake everyone up! :)) You too, Tony. You guys should put a warning before certain posts, so that I know I am about to burst into "out of control laughter". :))
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    I've just spoken with the head waiter at the Bottom's Up Club, over a glass of Phu-Yuck, he's informed me it's pronounced derriere.

If you disagree, just turn the other cheek.
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    Jeez I finally looked in this thread to see what the rhubarb was, funny stuff. And love the avatar Alex, Lee was the best Dracula. {[]
    Alex wrote:
    I've just spoken with the head waiter at the Bottom's Up Club, over a glass of Phu-Yuck, he's informed me it's pronounced derriere.

If you disagree, just turn the other cheek.

:)) :))

Je suis d'accord Monsieur. So I won't turn the other cheek.
    benskelly wrote:
    Bullseye! I don't know what that's from, but insert Bush's accent and it's hilarious!

'A Bit of Fry & Laurie': it's what Hugh Laurie used to get up to before he started pretending he was an American i.e. taking the **** out of them!
    emtiem wrote:
    benskelly wrote:
    Bullseye! I don't know what that's from, but insert Bush's accent and it's hilarious!

'A Bit of Fry & Laurie': it's what Hugh Laurie used to get up to before he started pretending he was an American i.e. taking the **** out of them!

Seriously? This is great. Well I think he can pretend to be American, given that Dr House has given him worldwide fame? :D

There was a full page today on the country's main newspaper about how "house" on sunday night made record ratings, and beat off competition from reality shows and other shows that have been on TV for a while here and are established successes. If he manages to defeat reality shows here, where people are so stupid as to watch that sort of thing all the time, I can only imagine the ratings the show has in more civilised countries!

Anyway back to topic.. have we got a final verdict on whether it's ass or arse?
  • SpectreIslandSpectreIsland spectreislandPosts: 274MI6 Agent
    Hello Alessandra, if only they had used our Italian word for "ass or arse", we could have been spared this entire debate ;)
  • OsatoOsato Aberdeen, ScotlandPosts: 99MI6 Agent
    IT'S ARSE!!

ARSE ARSE ARSE ARSE ARSE ARSE ARSE ARSE ARSE ARSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly. It IS arse.
    Green figs, yoghurt, coffee very black.
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited September 2006
    Osato wrote:
    IT'S ARSE!!

ARSE ARSE ARSE ARSE ARSE ARSE ARSE ARSE ARSE ARSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly. It IS arse.
    So is it ass or arse? ;)
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
    Hello Alessandra, if only they had used our Italian word for "ass or arse", we could have been spared this entire debate ;)

Hello SpectreIsland dear! Of course, they should've used our word, and that would've given way to NO debates whatsoever! :D After all, Italian is the only language which is pronounced as it is written, so.. :D
  • royalmileroyalmile Station CPosts: 115MI6 Agent
    Perhaps the only way to decide for cert is for someone to call Eva Green and ask her what the arse she said..................
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    edited September 2006
    Osato wrote:
    IT'S ARSE!!

So, what you trying to say here? :D

I ain't arguing with the Aberdonian, cause he's right :007)
    unitedkingdom.png
    A Glasgow woman walks into a butcher's shop to find the butcher warming himself in front of a heater, hands behind his back, having just come out of the freezer.

She checks out the display case and asks him,
    "Is that Ayrshire bacon?"

"Naw,"
    replies the butcher.
    "It's jist ma hauns ah'm heatin'."
    royalmile wrote:
    A Glasgow woman walks into a butcher's shop to find the butcher warming himself in front of a heater, hands behind his back, having just come out of the freezer.

"Naw,"
    replies the butcher.

:))
    unitedkingdom.png
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,332Chief of Staff
    edited September 2006
    royalmile wrote:

"Naw,"
    replies the butcher.

A Glasgow boy walks into the bakers and points to one of the items on offer, asking

"Is that a doughnut or a meringue?"

The baker replies

"Naw, ye're right enough son, it's a doughnut."

(To rejoin the topic, it's definitely arse)
    Barbel wrote:
    royalmile wrote:

"Naw,"
    replies the butcher.

A Glasgow boy walks into the bakers and points to one of the items on offer, asking

"Is that a doughnut or a meringue?"

The baker replies

"Naw, ye're right enough son, it's a doughnut."

(To rejoin the topic, it's definitely arse)

:)) :)) :))
    Hilarious, Barbel! I CANNOT stop laughing at that one!

Cheers! {[]
    royalmile wrote:
    :)) :)) :))
    Hilarious, Barbel! I CANNOT stop laughing at that one!

Cheers! {[]
    Class!! :))

All proves that Vesper would be far more interesting if she had a broad Weegie accent. :D
    unitedkingdom.png
This discussion has been closed.