CR Trailer Script

124»

Comments

• Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Connery'sh acshent shoundsh jusht shuper in theshe partsh... but of courshe he'd shay "arshe"!

Not another variation !!! We've even trouble round here as it is :))
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    This discussion reminds me of a scene in Little Voice, where Jim Broadbent, as a music hall emcee, says to the audience, "Now an act that is adept at touching ********s--" Guffaw from the audience. "I said touching our souls!" Gotta love those regional pronunciations.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,270MI6 Agent
    ?:) What did they think he'd said?
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,220Chief of Staff
    ?:) What did they think he'd said?

Well, it sounds rather like "our souls" and the first part is the word we've been debating above. :p
  • JohmssJohmss Posts: 274MI6 Agent
    IMDB puts Arse....

i rest my case

P.D. this subtitles are really hard to make
  • MoniqueMonique USAPosts: 696MI6 Agent
    edited September 2006
    YOUR case?

Like everyone else here, I'm still sticking to my orginal thought. The script trumps IMDB in my opinion. I'm getting just as tired of being corrected as you guys, so to me it's a wash until the DVD comes out.
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    edited September 2006
    I agree with Mo, let's leave this behind, shall we? :)

(with apologies to the Tap)
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    edited March 2007
    Region 2 DVD subtitles have Vesper saying the word "arse".
    unitedkingdom.png
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    My DVD player utilizes a 'TVG' system that scans the close captioning for profanity and then omits it from the audio. It didn't catch Vesper's line, which told me that the term 'arse' was used and the TVG system didn't recognize it.

TVG can be pretty crazy sometimes...if I have it on while watching Goldfinger it refers to Honor Blackman's character as 'Wimp Galore'
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,519Chief of Staff
    benskelly wrote:
    Miles, I would save the berating until you win - I mean, lose.

I just hope you're as magnanimous in defeat. 8-)

Should I start now ? ;)

I believe you owe me some money, benskelly.

Lets see how quickly you pay up :D
    YNWA 97
  • lavabubblelavabubble Posts: 229MI6 Agent
    Just read the thread start to finish for the first time. Its reminiscent of the ma'am - mom argument!!

Just to throw another thought into the hat, for those who have watched the DVD with subtitling, have they got Vesper down as saying during the train scene "You wear it with such disdain" or "You wear it with such distain" as when I accidentally went to a showing with subtitles for the hearing impaired it said 'distain' on the screen which was patently wrong and its annoyed me ever since!!!
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,694MI6 Agent
    benskelly wrote:
    You got it.

I made the bet and I'll gladly pay it.

Just PM me with your PayPal email address or the real address where I should send the check. Or cheque, if you will.

You may not like me, Miles, but I am a man of my word.

That's good of you. I don't suppose you fancy dishing out apologies too, do you? :)
    benskelly wrote:
    You got it.

I made the bet and I'll gladly pay it.

Just PM me with your PayPal email address or the real address where I should send the check. Or cheque, if you will.

You may not like me, Miles, but I am a man of my word.

Like or dis-like has got nothing to do with it - I will happily take money from anybody :D

I'm just amazed that nobody else took up your offer of free money :007)

PM sent.
    YNWA 97
    benskelly wrote:
    You're all class.

I take it that you direct that snide comment at me ?

Nothing that I have posted, or sent to you via pm, has been obnoxious (your words). I have tried to post, in this thread, with a little humour - obviously little got through.

I'm sorry if I refuse to kowtow, but I was convinced of what I heard (regardless of what the script said) and, on that basis, I took your offer of a wager.

If the above comment isn't directed at me, then please clarify.
    YNWA 97
    edited March 2007
    benskelly wrote:
    I guess we were raised differently.

By your tone you obviously think I was raised incorrectly - as I have said before, you don't know me, my family or my friends but, from a couple of lines of text, you presume plenty.
    benskelly wrote:
    I was told not to grind someone's face in it when they lose a game or a bet, and wondering aloud why more people didn't snatch up this "free money" and the big smiles and winks don't exactly reek of graciousness to me. That feels like ridicule.

Please show me where I have ground your face in it - trust me, I could have been far less charitable. You were the one who stuck your head above the parapet and were extremely obnoxious in your views and comments, so much so that several members complained about your attitude. That was the main reason I took your bet - to shut you up and leave you with egg on your face. The smiles and winks are only there to take any (unintentional) harshness out of the words - obviously your upbringing made you take them the wrong way.
    benskelly wrote:
    I do not argue you won the bet and I said I would pay my debt - a simple thank you and show of respect would have sufficed.

You can have my thanks but respect has to be earned.

We have had several conversations via pm - we have not always agreed but we have found some common ground and, I thought anyway, understood each other - obviously I was wrong.
    YNWA 97
    benskelly wrote:
    Yes, obviously the harshness was unintentional. :))

You're right about one thing: respect does have to be earned.

I've been given a lesson in "arse". ;) ;)

My, my, my - we are so clever aren't we. I see you have finally mastered the art of the smiley.

I really don't think you needed the lesson - you are already a master, so what could I possibly teach you ?
    Your sour grapes at losing are there for all to see - you bet, you lost - pay up and try to do so with some decorum instead of trying to claim some moral highground.
    YNWA 97
  • s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    Personally I think you should both drop it. It's ridiculous.
    s96024 wrote:
    Personally I think you should both drop it. It's ridiculous.

I couldn't agree more - lets see if our friend feels the same.
    YNWA 97
  • i expect u2 diei expect u2 die LondonPosts: 583MI6 Agent
    Not one of our most admirable threads ;)
    Not one of our most admirable threads ;)

No - but it does give an insight into what we have to put up with at times here. If I was wearing my mod-hat I would have asked us to take it to pm, but I decided against that - rightly or wrongly.

Lets hope this thread dies a death and quickly slips down the pages.
    YNWA 97
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    I wish I'd taken that bet. :(
    benskelly wrote:
    Okay. Then you're on the line for twenty pounds? The loser PayPals it to the other guy or sends a check. We have all these witnesses. I'm shaking your hand and making the bet. If I turn out to be wrong, I will gladly and quickly pay - and I hope you'll do the same.

benskelly is all mouth I'm afraid. After saying that he will "gladly and quickly pay" - he hasn't and won't.
    He has informed me that he has no intention of paying - and never had !

I have one word for people like him - arse ;)
    YNWA 97
This discussion has been closed.