New Interview with Craig- The Times

12346»

Comments

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    superado wrote:
    Just read over the weekend at a bookstore the recent issue of Premier with Craig on the cover. In it, there's more of the usual, edited "interviews." Of course, there's the retelling about him being the one to spill the beans to Brosnan about him getting propositioned by EON, but more relevant to this thread is that other old piece about him seeing the negative stuff online, but what's new to me is how he categorically called people "a bunch of c*nts!" :)) It was funny to read, and it perhaps was the frankest response to critics from a new 007 I've ever read!

It's a Brave New World, to be sure :o I almost wish he could get an oscar for Bond---now that would be an acceptance speech :))

I'm with you, supes; I just can't summon any outrage over this; IMRO, there are countless more worthy targets out there, and it's not as if poor Danny is appearing next to Oscar the Grouch, on Sesame Street, introducing the letter "C."

:v

The New Guy is quite frank, for better or worse. I rather enjoy it. If Western Civilization should collapse in the next couple of decades, I think very little of it might be pinned directly on Bond Actor #6.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • glidroseglidrose Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    superado wrote:
    I'm a critic. I am not a CnB'ner. Am I a c*nt, Blue? No matter how justified he is in calling those people that, his is not the most gracious response, is it?

I think it is excellent that he said this in an interview. About time we had someone a bit more rock n' roll playing Bond. Craig is the new Liam Gallagher of the film industry, and I'm all for it.

The C word isn't strong enough in defining the CNB'ers IMO (which you know as well as I do, Supes, that comment was really aimed at).
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    edited October 2006
    glidrose wrote:
    superado wrote:
    I'm a critic. I am not a CnB'ner. Am I a c*nt, Blue? No matter how justified he is in calling those people that, his is not the most gracious response, is it?

I think it is excellent that he said this in an interview. About time we had someone a bit more rock n' roll playing Bond. Craig is the new Liam Gallagher of the film industry, and I'm all for it.

The C word isn't strong enough in defining the CNB'ers IMO (which you know as well as I do, Supes, that comment was really aimed at).

To also include a quote from Loeffs, "A brave new world?" :o ...for which point I agree. I can also respect Blue for his standards on this point. I can understand the need to become relevant to the vernacular, but to actually laud someone for displaying uncouth manners, as a trailblazer? As the defacto ambassador of the Bond series, is Bond no longer setting the higher standard in order to pander to the masses, specifically for the unwashed and unshaven? :o
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    Uh...has Bond ever set that kinda standard? Seems to come and go, depending.