Best Bond Scenes

2»

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,806MI6 Agent
    1) Dr. No: "Bond, James Bond"

2) Dr. No: Honey Ryder makes her entrance - "Underneath the mango three, myhoney ..."

3) FRWL : The fight on the Oriental Express

4) Goldfinger: The gold painted girl

5) YOLT: the raid on the volcano

6) OHMSS: Tracy dies -"We have all the time in the world"

7) TMWGG: the confrantation with Scaramanga in the training course

8)LTK: Killing Killifer - "You earnt it,
    you keep it!"

9) GE: The dam jump

10) CR: the PTS
  • cassidybondcassidybond Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    I don't know why but the first time Roger Moore introduces himself as Bond, James Bond to Solitaire...B-)

Also Connery and Red Grant's fight and Dalton confronting Puskin in TLD
  • fernicusfernicus Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    edited November 2007
    I myself want to add a few to the list from some of the most maligned films or actors to the list in the Bond canon.
    1) From DAD, where Bond faces off against the villain in an amazingly brutal swordfight referee'd by none other than Madonna. She was so right in saying it was a cockfight. A great and nasty battle between 2 overblown egos. The only scene I've rewatched over and over again without watching the rest of the movie. Why do most seem to hate Brosnan in the role - yes, he didn't give it much acting chops but he did great in some of the films as in this scene. TND anyone?

2) The bomb defusing in Octopussy. The fantastic desperation of Moore in clownface trying to convince everyone that there was a bomb about to go off in the circus tent was the best acting Moore had ever given in his career as Bond if you ask me - even including his racing to get to the circus performance in time. I find this amongst one of the most underrated of the Bond films and one of my fave Moore flicks. Oh yeah, and the chasing of the agent in clownface at the beginning by the twin knife throwers was brilliant also tension wise. (Bond's great line also when he catches up to one of them in the forest? "This is for my brother!" "....this is for 009!")

3)Dalton's final showdown between him and Sanchez at the end of the truck chase in LTK. The sequence in which he is bloodied and beaten and is stopped by Sanchez. His last line? "Wait. Don't you want to know why?" and him taking out the lighter given to him by Felix and the look on Sanchez's face when he sees the inscription on it. Bond flicks it ope and ignites Sanchez. Great climax to a gritty, realistic (for that time) Bond film. Awesome.

Don't get me wrong - the rest are great listed previously but these should be given consideration also. Bond 4ever :)
  • MailfistMailfist Posts: 241MI6 Agent
    OK here goes - in order of movies rather than preference.

1. DN -Bonds intoduction - a cinema classic.
    2. DN - Honey coming out of the water - fuelled many an adolescent fantasy.
    3. FRWL - The train fight between Bond and Grant - one of the best fights ever filmed, and no Bourne type editing.
    4. GF - Bond taking off his diving suit and revealing the white tux - could he be any more cool.
    5. GF -The Astin Martin - influenced spy movies and tv series for decades to come.
    6. GF -Strapped to the table with the laser beam - nuff said.
    7. TB - Giving Fiona the shoes and sitting down to watch her get out of the bath - Bond as the b*****d he should be.
    8. TB - Kiss Kiss Club - genuine suspence and the wonderful 'my friends just dead' line.
    9. YOLT - escaping from Osata's men along the rooftop. Brilliant aeriel photography.
    10. OHMSS - Tracey's death - Bond as human rather than superhuman.
    11. DAF - Lift fight with Peter Franks. Object lesson in how to make an exciting fight in a confined space.
    12. LALD - jumping the crocodiles.
    13. TMWTGG - the car jump even with the stupid whiastle.
    14. TSWLM - PTS - still one of the best stunts ever performed in any movies.
    15. TSWLM - Bonds scene with Anya when she finds out he killed Sergei - RM showing he can act a bit.
    16. MR - PTS - spoiled only by the inclusion of Jaws.
    17. FYEO - Bond kicking Locque's car over the cliff. Bond as the assassin he is.
    18. OP - hanging about outside Kamal's plane - an under rated stunt.
    19. TLD - Scene with Pushkin in Tangier's hotel. Again show that behind the public school manners and the expensice clothes Bond is ruthless.
    20. TLD - fight with Necros hanging outside transport plane.
    21. GE - the dam jump.
    22. GE - beach scene with Natalie. Beautifully shot and gives a bit of insight into Bond's character.
    23. GE - Fight with 006. Best Bond fight since FRWL.
    24. TWINE - shooting Electra. Brosnan's acting made this scene very poignant.
    25. DAD - walking into the Hong Kong hotel in pygamas. How confident can you be.
    26. DAD - Jinx coming out of the sea. What more can you say.
    27. CR - PTS - Bond's first two kills gritty rather than glamourous.
    28. CR - the Mollaka chase and shoooting him in the Embassy.
    29. CR - train meeting with Vesper.
    30. CR - final sequence with Mr. White. Will become an iconic Bond moment.

Sorry if this pops up more than once. Seem to be having some technical problems with my recent posts in that they seem to be appearing two or three times.
  • MailfistMailfist Posts: 241MI6 Agent
    OK here goes - in order of movies rather than preference.

1. DN -Bonds intoduction - a cinema classic.
    2. DN - Honey coming out of the water - fuelled many an adolescent fantasy.
    3. FRWL - The train fight between Bond and Grant - one of the best fights ever filmed, and no Bourne type editing.
    4. GF - Bond taking off his diving suit and revealing the white tux - could he be any more cool.
    5. GF -The Astin Martin - influenced spy movies and tv series for decades to come.
    6. GF -Strapped to the table with the laser beam - nuff said.
    7. TB - Giving Fiona the shoes and sitting down to watch her get out of the bath - Bond as the b*****d he should be.
    8. TB - Kiss Kiss Club - genuine suspence and the wonderful 'my friends just dead' line.
    9. YOLT - escaping from Osata's men along the rooftop. Brilliant aeriel photography.
    10. OHMSS - Tracey's death - Bond as human rather than superhuman.
    11. DAF - Lift fight with Peter Franks. Object lesson in how to make an exciting fight in a confined space.
    12. LALD - jumping the crocodiles.
    13. TMWTGG - the car jump even with the stupid whiastle.
    14. TSWLM - PTS - still one of the best stunts ever performed in any movies.
    15. TSWLM - Bonds scene with Anya when she finds out he killed Sergei - RM showing he can act a bit.
    16. MR - PTS - spoiled only by the inclusion of Jaws.
    17. FYEO - Bond kicking Locque's car over the cliff. Bond as the assassin he is.
    18. OP - hanging about outside Kamal's plane - an under rated stunt.
    19. TLD - Scene with Pushkin in Tangier's hotel. Again show that behind the public school manners and the expensice clothes Bond is ruthless.
    20. TLD - fight with Necros hanging outside transport plane.
    21. GE - the dam jump.
    22. GE - beach scene with Natalie. Beautifully shot and gives a bit of insight into Bond's character.
    23. GE - Fight with 006. Best Bond fight since FRWL.
    24. TWINE - shooting Electra. Brosnan's acting made this scene very poignant.
    25. DAD - walking into the Hong Kong hotel in pygamas. How confident can you be.
    26. DAD - Jinx coming out of the sea. What more can you say.
    27. CR - PTS - Bond's first two kills gritty rather than glamourous.
    28. CR - the Mollaka chase and shoooting him in the Embassy.
    29. CR - train meeting with Vesper.
    30. CR - final sequence with Mr. White. Will become an iconic Bond moment.

Sorry if this pops up more than once. Seem to be having some technical problems with my recent posts in that they seem to be appearing two or three times.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,365Chief of Staff
    Just picking one from each movie:

DN- "Bond. James Bond." The promise of so much to come...

FRWL- Train confrontation with Grant after he drops his "Captain Nash" persona. Not simply the fight, the dialogue beforehand superbly handled by Shaw and Connery.

GF- So many to choose from... the laser scene. Terrific tension, admirable acting, magical music.

TB- Again so many! Bond & Largo shooting together. Character-revealing and low key.

YOLT- Kobe docks- magnificent camerawork underlined by John Barry's music.

OHMSS- The ending: the most emotional moment in any Bond film (or book for that matter).

DAF- Bond meets Tiffany. Close enough to
    Fleming, and shades of Raymond Chandler. Great music, too.

LALD- Bond meets Solitaire and Mr Big (Sir Roger gets to say THE line in an atmospheric scene).

TMWTGG- Bond meets Scaramanga and finds Andrea dead.

TSWLM- Lots of choices. Picking one, Naomi's 'copter forces Bond and Anya's car into the water where it transforms into a submarine.

MR- The centrifuge sequence- who says Moore can't act? (And of course John Barry helps enormously.)

FYEO- Bond, Columbo, Kristatos and Lisl at the restaurant. Pure Fleming.

OP- Strangely enough, a scene without 007. Kamal and Gobinda go to their car, knowing they have to escape the bomb, and for just a moment the car won't start!

AVTAK- Defusing the bomb. Moore more than compensates for Jones.

TLD- Tough to pick a single moment- the debriefing scene with Dalton inhabiting the Bond character; just look at the way he lights his cigarette. :007)

LTK- Bond finds Felix maimed by the shark. "He disagreed with something that ate him": caviar to Flemingists.

GE- Bond shows Xenia the size of his engine. The music stinks but doesn't spoil a great scene.

TND- Bond finds Paris dead then meets Dr Kaufman.

TWINE- Bond touches the computer screen to wipe away Elektra's tears.

DAD- The swordfight at Blades.

CR- The torture scene. Central to the book and as faithfully adapted as possible (I genuinely never thought this would be filmable- I read the book maybe 40 years before this film and didn't see this sequence making the big screen).

Not forgetting:

CR54- Bond meets Leiter. All wrong, but all right.

CR67- Vesper seduces Peter Sellers, aided by Burt Bacharach.

NSNA- Patricia goes to Bond's room with "food", fearing (I know, I know...;% ) that he may be undernourished. He shows her his lunchbox...
  • bondaholic007bondaholic007 LondonPosts: 878MI6 Agent
    0) DN: "The name's bond james bond"

1) FRWL : The fight on the Oriental Express

2) Goldfinger: Aston Martin Chase, Laser Trouble

3) YOLT: The raid on the volcano

4) OHMSS: helipcopter raid at mountain top

5) LALD: tarot cards all the man and lady

8) TSWLM: The Lotus Chase / Ski jump

9) TWINE: Q-boat chase

10) DAD: ice palace chase, gadget room

11) CR: the venice house scene / shaken or stirred part