Craig haters?

2»

Comments

• highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent
    Dan Same wrote:
    One question; is it possible to love CR but still hate Craig? :p :D

C'mon, Dan. You're wavering. Teetering on the edge. I can feel it. Every new post is bringing you closer and closer to your true self. Get in touch with your feelings, Dan. Only pride is still holding you back from proclaiming Craig IS Bond. Step out of the "Craig closet." Others have. So can you. You'll feel better ... Come to us, Dan. You know you want to ... ;) :)) :))
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    edited November 2006
    {[] , MNL :007)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • A7ceA7ce Birmingham, EnglandPosts: 655MI6 Agent
    ===========================

A PUBLIC APOLOGY

===========================

I can't say I was exactly enamoured when Daniel Craig was cast to play the role around this time last year. I knew of him from Layer Cake, Tomb Raider, Road To P, and thought of him as a skinny, weedy, filler character.

When asked by my friends of the descision, knowing my passion, I made similar sentiments. From Moore to Brosnan we had been treated to a dapper silky smooth unflappable parody, which we were comfortable with and any changes seemed unpalatable. If there was to be a change I would have placed my money on Clive Owen; he seemed to be two shades dark on Brosnan, if the series required more seriousness.

Although still, I was never quite as damning and vocal as the Pure Anti-Craigers, I am glad that those people /groups existed in order to give the EON/Broccoli/Craig group a shock to the system, which made them all work twice as hard as there was a danger of complacency and a flop resulting.

But even in my limited stance if my negative comments, written or spoken ( been a year, can't remember them all) have spurned all concerned to produce a finer piece, then I have no qualms.

That aside, if any have my limited comments would have caused Mr Craig any personal worry, criticism or injury then after having seen the film and been blown by the performance, I publicly take my words back and do sincerely apologise.

Sorry.
  • Lyle Dark-008Lyle Dark-008 Posts: 64MI6 Agent
    I didn't see this a a Bond film, but I'd give this film a B- for the movie.
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited November 2006
    highhopes wrote:
    C'mon, Dan. You're wavering. Teetering on the edge. I can feel it. Every new post is bringing you closer and closer to your true self. Get in touch with your feelings, Dan. Only pride is still holding you back from proclaiming Craig IS Bond. Step out of the "Craig closet." Others have. So can you. You'll feel better ... Come to us, Dan. You know you want to ... ;) :)) :))
    :)) That's not going to happen. :p

Seriously, I don't have to worry about eating humble pie. While I have voiced an objection to Craig (as well as other elements of CR) I have never rejected the possibility that I would enjoy CR. ;)
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • wordswords Buckinghamshire, EnglandPosts: 249MI6 Agent
    I dont think anyone who took objection to Craig initially has anything to apologise for. I couldn't see him as Bond but I wanted to see the movie before passing judgement.

The only thing that disppointed me was the real heavy vitriol and personal insults fired in Mr Craigs direction before the movie came out. Some of it was a bit unnecessary.

Dan Same has never been really offensive and I felt tread the fine line of forcefully expressing opinions without slipping into personal insults.

Dan it is now time to recognise your true destiny.
    Daniel Craig is the Daddy. Join him and we will rule the Bond universe! :D (sorry i've had some late nights lol!)
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited November 2006
    words wrote:
    Dan Same has never been really offensive and I felt tread the fine line of forcefully expressing opinions without slipping into personal insults.
    Thanks. :)
    words wrote:
    Daniel Craig is the Daddy. Join him and we will rule the Bond universe! :D (sorry i've had some late nights lol!)
    Really? :o Then who is the Mummy? :D I have accepted long ago my distaste for Craig. It doesn't mean however that I won't find something to enjoy in CR. ;) (Caterina Murino and Ivana Milicevic for example. :D)
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    Dan Same wrote:
    words wrote:
    Thanks. :)
    words wrote:
    Really? :o Then who is the Mummy? :D I have accepted long ago my distaste for Craig. It doesn't mean however that I won't find something to enjoy in CR. ;) (Caterina Murino and Ivana Milicevic for example. :D)

Yeah, have fun enjoying them, they're on for 2 seconds combined... 8-) ;)