Better Pics of Turnbull and Asser Shirt

2»

Comments

• MrPositiveMrPositive Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    Ok I emailed Kevin and he has my size he says. However, this is 450 dollars here, sending it direct! Is there a page where it has his credentials or anything?
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Kevin works at a high level within Turnbull and Asser, why would you need his credentials?
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    edited February 2007
    I bought mine through Kevin, originaly the size I ordered did'nt fit so he let me exchnage it for the correct size. He was a pleasure to deal with!
  • gonzalc3gonzalc3 Posts: 77MI6 Agent
    I ordered mine from him a few days ago and Kevin is a pleasure to work with.
  • MrPositiveMrPositive Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    Ok thanks guys! I just wanted to double check you know. There no online form buying a shirt this way and it is expensive. Ordering now. :)
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    you wont regret it! I acctually had mine tailored a little (taken in at teh sides and sleeves shortened) now it fits like a glove.
  • greggunraygreggunray Posts: 12MI6 Agent
    As it happens, Turnbull and Asser did all the formal shirts in the film - the blue one he wears included (if you want one, ring the London store and ask: they measured Craig, so they know exactly what shirt it is). As for the ties, Ted Baker did them - again, ask Turnbull and Asser! The other shirts are about $220, I would say - but then again, they are Sea Island cotton...!
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Ted Baker!!! say it's not true, that is so un- Bond.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    It may not be Bond, I'm afraid, but it is Craig - he picked them out himself! (as he did with the Perla swimwear, I believe)
    If you're interested, I think the ties were called 'Oshac' and 'Sabal'...
    Thanks Greg, that is good info {[]
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    which blue one did they do....which scene? At the end of the movie?
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    that's a beautiful shirt...here's to trying to convince my dad to give me money for CR stuff...

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Ted Baker!!! say it's not true, that is so un- Bond.

What's so bad about Ted Baker?
    According to Turnbill and Asser, Ted Baker did all the ties. T&A only did the bow tie. So I guess that would be the tie Bond is wearing before he changes into the dinner jacket, as well as the one he is wearing at the end of the movie (though I think they're the same?)
  • Bill TannerBill Tanner "Spending the money quickly" iPosts: 261MI6 Agent
    Interesting about the Ted Baker ties - the Sabal certainly seems to be a match; but I can't see any scenes where Craig might have worn the Oshac and the other ties (red/pattern worn on the train and at the hotel, blue weave/subtle pattern worn during the final scenes) don't seem to be shown on the site. It's possible they were discontinued, but it's also possible they were bought from other sources. I always like to see some concrete proof of a supplier, something direct from the firm concerned; Ted Baker looks a likely source (for some of the other clothing too) but someone at T&A making the link is still only hearsay.
    I wouldn't go quite so far as to call it hearsay when the guy who told me would have measured Craig himself...
    You're right about the discontinued bit, though -I think, given that we're now two seasons away from when the film was shot, it's unlikely that many ties will have survived so long!
  • Bill TannerBill Tanner "Spending the money quickly" iPosts: 261MI6 Agent
    I appreciate that T&A did the shirts and bow tie, and that the chap who measured you measured Craig - nothing I'd debate there.

Just questioning the fact that we only have a guy at T&A claiming that the other items were by Ted Baker. Yes, one of the ties looks like a match, but I'd like to know for sure and have it confirmed by someone who actually works for Baker or by someone who is able to show matching items from the Baker range.
    Hmm, yes, I was quite keen to get some confirmation from Ted Baker, too - although when I asked, noone there seemed to know hardly anything (perhaps not surprising if the ties were Craig's personal choice, rather than Hemming-designed or selected). The Oshac tie aside, I remember them telling me about the Sabal tie, which I think was used for the Persol photo-op pic. Does anyone have a close-up, or a wider shot of that pose? I must admit, from a distance, they would seem to match up!
  • jonny-dhjonny-dh Posts: 257MI6 Agent
    The Ted Baker Sabal tie was in the "Bronze" color, right? Also, was it ever clarified as to who made the shirts? I know that T&A made the formal shirt and bow tie. And that Sunspel made that polo, underwear, tshirts, and pullover. But was it verified whether or not Ted Baker made the shirts that Bond wore with his suits? Some said that Ted Baker made them, others say T&A, and others say Brioni. So... clarification?
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    jonny-dh wrote:
    The Ted Baker Sabal tie was in the "Bronze" color, right? Also, was it ever clarified as to who made the shirts? I know that T&A made the formal shirt and bow tie. And that Sunspel made that polo, underwear, tshirts, and pullover. But was it verified whether or not Ted Baker made the shirts that Bond wore with his suits? Some said that Ted Baker made them, others say T&A, and others say Brioni. So... clarification?

Well, if it is a Ted Baker Sabal tie, then I doubts its in any of the colours in the current Baker range on their website, including Bronze.

The tie its supposed to be in the movie seems to be blue and in last seasons range, Ted Baker did have a Sabal in blue.

Just my opinion, but I do think the CR tie is blue rather than bronze - though I'd be happy to be corrected by anyone with accurate info.
  • jonny-dhjonny-dh Posts: 257MI6 Agent
    Thanks for replying. I wasn't sure if it came in blue, though I also think it looks blue.
  • mrbigmrbig Cotswolds, EnglandPosts: 68MI6 Agent
    Anyone think that DC wore the Basset when they arrived in Montenegro? (incl. receipt of the tuxedo)

http://www.tedbaker.com/shop.do?cID=570&pID=2380
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    mrbig wrote:
    Anyone think that DC wore the Basset when they arrived in Montenegro? (incl. receipt of the tuxedo)

http://www.tedbaker.com/shop.do?cID=570&pID=2380

Looks a little too pale blue on the website, but I suppose I'll be pressing my nose to the TV screen checking the DVD later...

The peron, though, who tipped Baker's as tie maker was emphasising the Sabal and that did come in more similar blue(to the DVD from my recollection) than the Basset.
    Looks good without double checking the DVD. Another excuse to watch it again {[]