Solange?

2»

Comments

• JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    I don't understand this business about Caterina Murino not getting enough screen time or about her being "wasted." There is a long tradition in the Bond films of good women who have a brief fling with Bond and then end up dead at the hands of the enemy (Jill Masterson, Paula, Plenty O'Toole, Contessa Lisl. . .I could go on). Kingsley Amis long ago theorized that such characters--and a few of the male allies who get done in by the baddies, such as Kerim Bey--are "obligatory sacrificial lambs," people who suffer and die to show the ruthlessness of the enemy and to give Bond a personal reason to go after him. Solange had a couple of good scenes, her character was well established, she looked great, and she served her function in the story. What do people want--? Vesper and Solange mud-wrestling over Bond's affections?

. . .OK, forget I asked that last question!

But those aformentioned Bond girls were on screen long enough for you to care about them, plus all of their names were mentioned unlike this lady. (I always hate when they fail to mention the person's name, Kissy Suzuki, Helga Brandt, etc.). Solange was on for such little time that I didn't form any connections.