A View To A Kill.... Forgetable?

13»

Comments

• taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    Sorry, but when I hear detonate a nuclear bomb, I hear blow up.

And from an economic view point, Goldfinger's goal was to remove the value of Fort Knox's gold from the USA's reserves. It wouldnt matter if he detroyed it or merely contaminated it.
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited January 2007
    taity wrote:
    As for the ejector seat - not plausable. To function it would have to have a compressed air canister or some form of launch mechanism underneath the seat. This would wreck the chasis of the car.
    Alright you dealt with the ejector seat. But I note you didn't respond to my defence of Pussy's name. :v
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • Bill TannerBill Tanner "Spending the money quickly" iPosts: 261MI6 Agent
    taity wrote:
    As for the ejector seat - not plausable. To function it would have to have a compressed air canister or some form of launch mechanism underneath the seat. This would wreck the chasis of the car.

Perfectly possible. The stunt car had a working ejector seat nicked from a plane. There's a picture in the Dave Worrall book of the car firing it's ejector seat accidentally while driving, and of course the car fires a Chinaman (dummy) from the seat during the film. Ok, the real ejector seat was a rather bulky affair which would rather give the game away, and you might have to stiffen the chassis, but it's all do-able (unlike the invisible Vanquish).

Curiously, though the ejector seat worked on the stunt car, most of the other DB5 gadgets were a lot less feasible. The machine guns in the headlamps would require the absence of a lot of major front suspension components. The water spray (TB) required the assistance of the local fire brigade as it wouldn't have been possible for a car to carry a tank large enough. The rear bullet shield was possible, but filled the entire boot with it's hydraulic mechanism. The Boadicea wheel spikes would be impossible because of the rear axle and secure wheel fixing complications.
    Dan Same wrote:
    [Also, Pussy Galore may be an unsual name, but is it more unusual than Moon Unit Zappa?

Is anyone named Moon Unit Zappa? It sounds more like...a moon base than anything else.
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    taity wrote:
    Is anyone named Moon Unit Zappa? It sounds more like...a moon base than anything else.
    Frank Zappa named his daughter Moon Unit. She calls herself Moon.
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • Bill TannerBill Tanner "Spending the money quickly" iPosts: 261MI6 Agent
    That would be Frank Zappa's daughter. She also has some siblings called Dweezil, Diva and Ahmet.

Bob Geldof's daughter is named Peaches (think he has another called Tiger Lilly, or similar)... so Pussy Galore doesn't seem beyond the realms of possibility.

The fact that Bond meets unusually named people during the course of his work is not so hard to believe - just that he meets quite so many.
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    0064 wrote:

Come out Rogue and your moley friend! You were behind this the WHOLE TIME, you DASTARDLY FIEND!!!! X-( ;)

And PB... PB... PB... X-( ;)

Oh boy, I remember that...I thought it was fun. I pulled a Benedict Arnold a few times if I recall.

Egad! ARE YOU THE LONG SOUGHT AFTER MOLE?

:D

http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/bobhope/images/vc82.jpg
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    That would be Frank Zappa's daughter. She also has some siblings called Dweezil, Diva and Ahmet.

Bob Geldof's daughter is named Peaches (think he has another called Tiger Lilly, or similar)... so Pussy Galore doesn't seem beyond the realms of possibility.

The fact that Bond meets unusually named people during the course of his work is not so hard to believe - just that he meets quite so many.
    A couple recently made the news for naming their son, ESPN. So Pussy Galore to my mind is more then feasible. Especially since it could also be construed as a nick name.
    For God's sake, do these people have any idea how much crap their kids will get at school? If there was a kid in your year 5 class called "Peaches" they would get all hell.
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    RogueAgent wrote:
    0064 wrote:

Oh boy, I remember that...I thought it was fun. I pulled a Benedict Arnold a few times if I recall.

Egad! ARE YOU THE LONG SOUGHT AFTER MOLE?

:D

http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/bobhope/images/vc82.jpg

NNNNNNNNNNNG!!!! X-( What did I say about that Oscar?!?! ;)