britney spears goes bald

chris Walkenchris Walken Posts: 85MI6 Agent
edited February 2007 in Off Topic Chat
britney spears goes bald she has completely shaved her hair now she is bald what do people think of this? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6372623.stm

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,381Chief of Staff
    The last time I saw someone who looked like that, Roger Moore was dropping him down a chimney...
  • VW2006VW2006 Posts: 47MI6 Agent
    She's now the top train wreck to watch since Anna Nicole Smith is gone...
  • a rogue AIa rogue AI Posts: 128MI6 Agent
    LOL, Barbel!
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,617Chief of Staff
    I don't mind - as long as the collar and cuffs match ;)
    YNWA 97
  • FelixLeiter ♀FelixLeiter ♀ Staffordshire or a pubPosts: 1,286MI6 Agent
    lol. But I seriously think she has completely lost it. :))
    Relax darling, I'm on top of the situation -{
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,381Chief of Staff
    Sir Miles wrote:

:)) :)) Next line: "Save the cute remarks for later" ? And thanks, rogue!
  • Moore Not LessMoore Not Less Posts: 1,095MI6 Agent
    Oops! She did it again. We'll have to call her Britney Shears from now on.

You can see a BBC News report by clicking on the link below.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/avdb/news/video/79000/nb/79115_16x9_nb.asx
  • Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    Personally I find this very sad. At the age of 15 or 16 Britney became a huge star, selling about 25 million copies of her first two CD's. She toured the world making money for the record company, her management and various hanger ons. The press loved her. Then as the press usually does they decided it was time to knock her down. Britney worst dressed, Britney worst mom, Britney has no talent, Britney slips and falls she not coordinated. Every day the press outside your door waiting to take your picture, waiting for you to slip up so they can run a picture and silly headline.

Now Britney has made some mistakes, some bad decisions and I don't think her managament has been much help. But, not too many 18 to 21 years old with 20 million dollars in the bank are going to make smart decisions. If I had even a million dollars when I was 20 I would probably be dead.

Britney has been used by everyone, her parents, her management, the record companies and the press. Her latest actions seem to me to be a cry for help, but no one seems to care, not when they have papers and magazines to sell.
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    Yeah, the poor, poor multi-millionaire. The people who make stupid decisions because they have nowhere else to go and no money, they are sad. Not the ones who could've done well and chose not to.
  • chris Walkenchris Walken Posts: 85MI6 Agent
    lol. But I seriously think she has completely lost it. :))

I think your proberly right some how
  • s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    Why do all the people with lot's of money and fame always turn out to be complete loons. Maybe it is true, money is the root to all evil.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Sir Miles wrote:

Well, if you saw that shot of her leaving the limo, you know that now they do match!

Anyway, as for Brit taking over Anna Nicole's spot as a trainwreck--I think she's trying to be a nuclear bomb and is destined to explode long before she reaches 39. That said, our tabloid-ish, celebrity-worshiping culture is one reason so many people in the world hate the U.S. To my mind, BS's hair ain't news in any way, shape, or form; and I resented the cable news network's all-day coverage of Anna Nicole's death and the continuing updates thereof. And I really didn't need to log on to my computer and read that Anna Nicole has finally been embalmed. Sometimes I think we're destined to die of our own stupidity.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    That said, our tabloid-ish, celebrity-worshiping culture is one reason so many people in the world hate the U.S.

We are just as bad. Not as many people hate us though.
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Perhaps Britney has just been hired as Natalie Portman's body double in a sequal to V for Vendetta. 8-)
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
  • DEFIANT 74205DEFIANT 74205 Perth, AustraliaPosts: 1,881MI6 Agent
    Or perhaps she is doing a re-make of G.I. Jane ;)
    "Watch the birdie, you bastard!"
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    The public's collective fascination with/fixation upon people like Britney Spears, Anna Nicole Smith, Brangelina, TomKat, Bennifer, et al., serves---to me---as Exhibit A...

My hypothesis: This society is screaming straight to hell---on a hot rail :o
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    I have a suggestion: perhaps the reason Britney Spears has gone bald is because she wants to. :o

I just don't care that she has gone bald or has gotten a tattoo. There are so many important things going on in the world, that I think it is ridiculous that news outlets are paying so much attention to her. The other thing is regarding the death of Anna Nicole Smith; it amazes me that it is such a big news item and it horrifies me the judgements that some people have made of her (she is not the devil incarnate. :#)

I do care about certain celebrities. There are actors, directors, musicians, authors, politicians and sportspeople that absolutely fascinate me. But not one of those people interest me to such an absurd level that it concerns me wether they change their hair style.*

*With one exception; if I'm watching a TV show and a character has adopted an hair style that doesn't suit their character, that would concern me, but only within the environment that is the show. Outside of it, the actors can do whatever they want with their hair. :D
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
    Obviously a lot of people do care.

Saddest thing is she will lose her kids now.
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    My hypothesis: This society is screaming straight to hell---on a hot rail :o
    Indeed. When this news story ranked above 60 people being blown to bits on a train in India on the radio this morning, it's a sure sign we're losing focus on the things that matter.

Quite simply, I'm not in the least bit interested in the increasingly bizarre attention grabbing stunts this woman is lowering - plummeting - herself to.
    unitedkingdom.png
    Indeed. When this news story ranked above 60 people being blown to bits on a train in India on the radio this morning, it's a sure sign we're losing focus on the things that matter.

We are used to that now though. There was a time when that was major news because it never happened. It's like every time a soldier died it would be on the news, now it's only in extreme circumstances. It's not everyday a very rich major celebrity cuts all their hair off.
    s96024 wrote:
    We are used to that now though. There was a time when that was major news because it never happened. It's like every time a soldier died it would be on the news, now it's only in extreme circumstances. It's not everyday a very rich major celebrity cuts all their hair off.
    Proving my point precisely. That society is becoming so vacuous and shallow. People who find this sort of titbit fascinating or important or high on their priorities are seriously lacking in something. My instinct would be to say intelligence, but I'm sure I could throw more in the mix with that.
    unitedkingdom.png
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    It's Britney's hair. It's up to her how much she has on her head. And she's not bald. Bald is when your hair isn't coming back. :D I really don't understand some of the hysteria in the media about this. She's just had an extreme haircut. I think her face is a little too rounded to pull it off. Natalie Portman looked stunning when she shaved her head for 'V for Vendetta,' and that look really suited Sinead O' Connor. Don't think Britney quite manages it, although it's not a bad effort.
    s96024 wrote:
    Proving my point precisely. That society is becoming so vacuous and shallow. People who find this sort of titbit fascinating or important or high on their priorities are seriously lacking in something. My instinct would be to say intelligence, but I'm sure I could throw more in the mix with that.

I'm just saying people are entitled to be interested in whatever they want. The fact is the papers print what the majority of people want to see/read, therefore you (and me) are in the minority in not being interested. That means your suggesting a hell of a lot of people are unintelligent.
    edited February 2007
    s96024 wrote:
    I'm just saying people are entitled to be interested in whatever they want. The fact is the papers print what the majority of people want to see/read, therefore you (and me) are in the minority in not being interested. That means your suggesting a hell of a lot of people are unintelligent.
    Of course people are entitled to be interested in whatever they want. Once again, I'll highlight my point that I think it's a breakdown in society - which by definition is "a lot of people". That is what I think, and that is what I'm entitled to think. I don't know what your aim is - I stated my point and I'm not retracting it - you're just telling me what I've said and, funnily enough, I know what I said.
    unitedkingdom.png
    My point is just because people are interested in what britney spears does, does not make them stupid. Which is what you were implying. It's like me saying "Your stupid for having an interest in James Bond". Which you would probably take offence to.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    This could be a chicken-and-the-egg thing, but I think it's largely the media that are so bloody stupid. . .but, of course, they could just be giving us what we want, which would, indeed, make us stupid. Anna Nicole Smith dies: OK, that's news. Hour after hour of so-called "coverage," showing the inside of her refrigerator and irresponsibly speculating that she might have been murdered and naming people who could have killed her, is NOT news. Do people really want to know all this, or do the news networks have so much time on their hands and are so desperate for any kind of a story that they feel obligated to cover every second of it? The same is true of Britney--I never thought I'd say this, but when she was putting out her awful albums, she was at least DOING something that merited some coverage. But what has she done lately? Shown herself to be an irresponsible mother, gotten a divorce, did a Sharon-Stone-in-Basic Instinct while climbing out of a limo, and shaved her head. In the U.S. we have kids who can't even find Canada on a map, and THIS is the kind of stuff that clutters our national discourse? Stupid indeed.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Loeffelholz and I actually talked about this briefly at our Summit meeting. We have an obssession with pop culture. Not only Americans, but the world. We are all guilty of it when we discuss Craig's comments to a reporter at the BAFTAs. I don't feel that sorry for celebrities who are stalked by the paparazzi, they choose to enter the public light. What I do have a problem with is when the loved ones of celebrities (like Anna Nicole Smith and Britney Spears) do not step in and get them help when it is obvious that they need it. Fame seems to have a destructive effect on those who enter it. Just look at Lindsay Lohan. The once sweet and innocent child actor of films like "The Parent Trap" has become an absolute train wreck, entering rehab like so many others. I don't even want to think about what is going to become of Dakota Fanning. I am personally fed up with all the Anna Nicole Smith coverage. Although her story is a tragic one, it should not be given more air time than some of the most important issues of our time. The media, or the drive-by media as I like to call it, only reports on the negative aspects of a story. They report on war death tolls instead of the extreme acts of heroism. Eliot Carver was right when he said "there's no news like bad news." If there is a problem with anything it is the media. I am an optimist and I don't agree that our society is destined to the "fate" that some members here have described.

Britney going bald, it is either a publicity stunt or a cry for help.
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    Tee Hee wrote:
    I am an optimist and I don't agree that our society is destined to the "fate" that some members here have described.

...Just sounding a cautionary note... ;)

One of my greatest fears is that when the real s**t hits the fan, most people will be watching E! Channel's Profile of the Latest Celebrity Train Wreck, and won't know the difference :o ...What if Darwin's postulations on natural selection work in unexpected ways?
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • MoniqueMonique USAPosts: 696MI6 Agent
    edited February 2007
    Tee Hee wrote:
    Loeffelholz and I actually talked about this briefly at our Summit meeting. We have an obssession with pop culture. Not only Americans, but the world. We are all guilty of it when we discuss Craig's comments to a reporter at the BAFTAs. I don't feel that sorry for celebrities who are stalked by the paparazzi, they choose to enter the public light. What I do have a problem with is when the loved ones of celebrities (like Anna Nicole Smith and Britney Spears) do not step in and get them help when it is obvious that they need it. Fame seems to have a destructive effect on those who enter it. Just look at Lindsay Lohan. The once sweet and innocent child actor of films like "The Parent Trap" has become an absolute train wreck, entering rehab like so many others. I don't even want to think about what is going to become of Dakota Fanning. I am personally fed up with all the Anna Nicole Smith coverage. Although her story is a tragic one, it should not be given more air time than some of the most important issues of our time. The media, or the drive-by media as I like to call it, only reports on the negative aspects of a story. They report on war death tolls instead of the extreme acts of heroism. Eliot Carver was right when he said "there's no news like bad news." If there is a problem with anything it is the media. I am an optimist and I don't agree that our society is destined to the "fate" that some members here have described.

Britney going bald, it is either a publicity stunt or a cry for help.

Very well said Tee Hee. I totally agree, I blame the media as well. They are so desperate to NOT talk about things like the war and all it's casualities, Britney and Anna Nicole will still be making headlines long after there is nothing left to say about them.

And s96024, as erratic as she's been, Britney is not going to lose her kids, trust me on that one.
    s96024 wrote:
    My point is just because people are interested in what britney spears does, does not make them stupid. Which is what you were implying. It's like me saying "Your stupid for having an interest in James Bond". Which you would probably take offence to.
    No, I wouldn't. Because I don't care what you think.
    unitedkingdom.png