britney spears goes bald

2»

Comments

• Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    The same is true of Britney--I never thought I'd say this, but when she was putting out her awful albums, she was at least DOING something that merited some coverage. But what has she done lately? Shown herself to be an irresponsible mother, gotten a divorce, did a Sharon-Stone-in-Basic Instinct while climbing out of a limo, and shaved her head. In the U.S. we have kids who can't even find Canada on a map, and THIS is the kind of stuff that clutters our national discourse? Stupid indeed.

Totally agree with you Hardy. This level of celebrity fawning is beyond ridiculous. There are huge issues out there and they are all being relagated to the bottom of the pile.

I was in the US for the past week or so and I could not believe the amount of coverage Anna Nicole Smith got. What an earth did she ever achieve to warrant such attention?

Unfortunately it is not confined to the media. The politicians are worse. When Shilpa Shetty can bring Parliament to a near standstill and have a six minute private meeting with Tony Blair whilst families of soldiers killed in Iraq are constantly refused there is something seriously wrong with our priorities
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    A few nights ago Mrs Hat and I stepped out to grab a pizza, and the pizza joint had Fox News playing on a television and a reporter was discussing Anna Nicole on his half hour segment.

While we waited for our pizza, I observed a family (father, mother, and teenage son) sit and eat dinner, with eyes glued to that television. I don't remember at any point any of them looking at each other or even speaking to one another.

It makes me think that we cocoon ourselves in a silly news story, not because we find it interesting, but it gives people something to keep the from engaging in their own reality.
  • s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Unfortunately it is not confined to the media. The politicians are worse. When Shilpa Shetty can bring Parliament to a near standstill and have a six minute private meeting with Tony Blair whilst families of soldiers killed in Iraq are constantly refused there is something seriously wrong with our priorities

Well that did sort of get out of control and threatened to become a very serious issue. Such ridiculous things have caused wars on many occasions!
    darenhat wrote:
    While we waited for our pizza, I observed a family (father, mother, and teenage son) sit and eat dinner, with eyes glued to that television. I don't remember at any point any of them looking at each other or even speaking to one another.

That's really sad.
  • Moore Not LessMoore Not Less Posts: 1,095MI6 Agent
    edited February 2007
    Should we really be shocked and surprised by this?

Britney's hair 'on sale for $1m'

For the full article

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6378199.stm

The US hair salon where pop star Britney Spears shaved her head has apparently set up a website to auction her locks for more than $1 million (£512,500).

The website, buybritneyshair.com, claims to have been set up by salon owner Esther Tognozzi.

It includes photos of the hair, saying it is "absolutely authentic".
    Seriously who would actually pay that much money. Except maybe her to get it back. You'll probably see loads of women shaving their heads now to try and sell fake Britney hair.
  • The Sly FoxThe Sly Fox USAPosts: 467MI6 Agent
    edited February 2007
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Anyway, as for Brit taking over Anna Nicole's spot as a trainwreck--I think she's trying to be a nuclear bomb and is destined to explode long before she reaches 39. That said, our tabloid-ish, celebrity-worshiping culture is one reason so many people in the world hate the U.S. To my mind, BS's hair ain't news in any way, shape, or form; and I resented the cable news network's all-day coverage of Anna Nicole's death and the continuing updates thereof. And I really didn't need to log on to my computer and read that Anna Nicole has finally been embalmed. Sometimes I think we're destined to die of our own stupidity.

I have to agree with you, Hardy. Personally, I can't stand celebrity news... As you say, it's not news at all. It's just the unfortunate happenings of people that happen to be massively rich. I really find it disappointing that CNN has resorted to non-stop coverage about Anna Nicole Smith's death. There are so many other things that could be talked about besides this. Take Moonraker's example of the train in India where 60 people were killed--I didn't even hear about that. Probably because I didn't want to wait an hour for them to finish going on about Anna Nicole's refrigerator. Even Larry King Live has been taken over by this madness.

It feels like clones of E! are now invading our televisions...

As for Britney's hair deal, this may explain why people are so fascinated by it (found it in Moore Not Less' article :D ):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6375683.stm
  • chris Walkenchris Walken Posts: 85MI6 Agent
    edited February 2007
    I love celebrity news and i wish they recorded it while they was shaving the hair off to see britneys expression when the hair was being cut off maybe she is joining the armed forces has i know its strictly short hair in the forces
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    I don't hate celebrity news, and I certainly think that it has its place. . .but all day, every day, every minute? Anymore I wonder why I bother watching the news. Tony Blair announcing troop withdrawls from Iraq gets a brief mention, but there's in-depth information on the fact Anna Nicole's body is decomposing faster than expected and they'd better bury her by Saturday if they want an open-casket funeral (and that's what I heard over breakfast!); and I've seen so many psychologists on TV diagnosing Britney as having post-partum depression or suffering the symptoms of drug dependency that I'm starting to think I should be paying hourly fees!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited February 2007
    Hardyboy wrote:
    and I've seen so many psychologists on TV diagnosing Britney as having post-partum depression or suffering the symptoms of drug dependency that I'm starting to think I should be paying hourly fees!
    The most annoying thing about it is that she never asked them for their advice! :s Has it crossed the minds of any of these psychologists that not only did Spears not ask them for their advice, but she probably doesn't care what they think?
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
    some news does drag on and is too much for us but some news is good news where would we be without news these days? i just love it when they repeat and repeat no i was joking there most news is about people dying i dont enjoy that
  • FelixLeiter ♀FelixLeiter ♀ Staffordshire or a pubPosts: 1,286MI6 Agent
    On ebay there's some up for for £10,000! And there's someone actually bidding on it!!! Why! Why! Why! It's like flushing your money down the toilet! You're not getting anything useful in return! If you don't want an object in return for your money, then wouldn't it be much better to give that much to charity? There at least you have the feeling of doing something good and helping someone. I'd much rather have that than a 'genuine lock of Britneys hair'.
    Relax darling, I'm on top of the situation -{
    I doubt the person is actually intending on spending 10k.
  • MoniqueMonique USAPosts: 696MI6 Agent
    I love celebrity news and i wish they recorded it while they was shaving the hair off to see britneys expression when the hair was being cut off maybe she is joining the armed forces has i know its strictly short hair in the forces

They did record it! The owner of the hair salon refused to shave her head, so she grabbed the razor and did it herself. That clip has been everywhere too, I'm surprised you haven't seen it. The tattoo place that she went to afterwards, said she was tired of the paparazzi touching her hair, so she wanted it off. She's obviously not wanting to change her behavior much, because she checked out of her second rehab. It's really sad.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    edited February 2007
    Loeff Jr. just walked past me, looked over my shoulder and read the last few posts...and just shook his head...

I have to say...I agree :( I'm reminded of how I felt when, as a kid, I went to the State Fair and passed by the Freak Shows (which were still around in those days!)...a mixture of guilt, embarrassment, sadness...and a reluctant fascination. From my current perspective, sadness is all I can muster.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    I'm only interested in celebrity news if it's as entertaining as this.

http://defamer.com/hollywood/ralph-fiennes/overthinking-ralph-fiennes-boning-a-stewardess-in-an-airplane-bathroom-237410.php

The Mail on Sunday got an interview with her in which she claims she went to his hotel room and they watched a DVD of 'Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.' Why does that surprise me more than what happened on the aeroplane? :D Ralph The English Patient sitting in a hotel room with an air stewardass watching a Jason Statham movie. :)) Apparently, according to her, he was doing this for research. Maybe he's been hired for 'Crank 2.' It would explain the compulsive behaviour. I would so pay to see that movie. Actually, Ralph should date Britney. That might help them both fulfill their needs.
    its ok for men to go bald but when women go bald people dont like it what a shame im attracted to bald women as well as women with hair makes no difference to me