James Bond Car Collection - Questions and praise

Comments

• MovieCarFanMovieCarFan Posts: 973MI6 Agent
    FACT wrote:
    News from Nuremberg (via Diecast Collector mag) about Corgi's plans to model the Aston Martin DB10 from the upcoming movie Spectre :
    http://www.collectors-club-of-great-britain.co.uk/Diecast-Collecting/News/International-Toy-Fair-2015-Corgi-James-Bond-Aston-Martin-DB5/_ch26_nw1471

That is very interesting, I bet Corgi are going to have real problems trying to decide whether to produce the DB10 in 1.43 or 1.36 scale. If it's in 1.36, they could potentially re-launch the 'Director's Cut' type range of Bond vehicles (which are more like children's toys) by adding the DB10 to the Skyfall DB5. If it's in 1.43 with 'Vanguards' quality, they could add it to the anniversary DB5 and a Bond version of the upcoming Lotus Esprit, thus laying the ground for a whole new series of more upmarket prestige Bond models. Bearing in mind most Bond collectors are discerning adults, I would have thought the 1.43 route would definitely be the one to go down.
    Twizzle wrote:
    I have collected my Trade Pack of 5 x Silver and 1 x Gold James Bond Aston Martin DB5's (CC04203 and CC04203G) and mentioned the prices that were being achieved on eBay. My local retailer said that he had tried to order some more and the order book had been closed, so unless they already had it on order they will not be getting anymore. The dealers that are taking Pre-Orders on eBay may come unstuck. They said that there will be another production but the packaging will change.

If the packaging changes, the first run will probably maintain their current high prices on eBay because the difference will mark them out as 'special'. Having looked at the mechanism used to create the automatic slide-in slide-out feature on the box (an acetate loop) I would imagine it must be quite labour intensive to put together and test, so I'm guessing it might be missing on the new packaging.
  • Rainier WolfcastleRainier Wolfcastle Posts: 484MI6 Agent
    At the Nuremberg toy fair a Hornby spokesman said that "the first batch has sold out and we have more coming over". These will still be from the first run but unlike the first batch which probably was flown in to be in Europe in time for the toy fair the rest of this first run is still en route on some container ship. I still count on more of these models to show up and be available for £19.99. And when this first run has sold out then maybe there will be another run with a different packaging.
    FACT wrote:
    News from Nuremberg (via Diecast Collector mag) about Corgi's plans to model the Aston Martin DB10 from the upcoming movie Spectre :
    http://www.collectors-club-of-great-britain.co.uk/Diecast-Collecting/News/International-Toy-Fair-2015-Corgi-James-Bond-Aston-Martin-DB5/_ch26_nw1471

That is very interesting, I bet Corgi are going to have real problems trying to decide whether to produce the DB10 in 1.43 or 1.36 scale. If it's in 1.36, they could potentially re-launch the 'Director's Cut' type range of Bond vehicles (which are more like children's toys) by adding the DB10 to the Skyfall DB5. If it's in 1.43 with 'Vanguards' quality, they could add it to the anniversary DB5 and a Bond version of the upcoming Lotus Esprit, thus laying the ground for a whole new series of more upmarket prestige Bond models. Bearing in mind most Bond collectors are discerning adults, I would have thought the 1.43 route would definitely be the one to go down.
    I still believe that the 1:43 DB10 will come from Hot Wheels Elite (although I haven't seen an announcement yet) and Corgi rather doing a 1:36 version. Or if the rumors are true and the DB10 is outfitted with gadgets (e.g. a rocket launcher) then Corgi could make the "toy" version with gadget(s) and HW Elite doing the "collector model", both in 1:43.
  • SWJSWJ Posts: 100MI6 Agent
    Hello all - long time, no post!

I do pop in occasionally to catch up on any news.

Anyway, I thought I'd share some more additions to my ever increasing collection. I'm now up to 212 vehicles, but, unfortunately unlike to the TARDIS my cellar is not dimensionally transindental and shelf space is getting a bit of an issue (Not to mention my wife and daughters looks of disbelief when another 'toy' gets delivered!)

First up, Octopussy

IMG_20150201_143535444.jpg

Skyfall:

IMG_20150201_143550914.jpg

Continuing the novels we now have Rolls from Goldfinger (probably not quite right, but then I'm the only one that will know that!... and the scales wrong!)

IMG_20150201_143355103.jpg

From John Gardner - the Saab 9000. Obviously what I really want is a Silver Beast 900 turbo - but finding a reasonably priced 1/43 is very difficult

IMG_20150201_144105925.jpg

Next up the Volga from Devil May Care

IMG_20150201_143509813.jpg

The Bentley from Carte Blanche - this was a 4 quid model from a toy shop in the Czech Republic - does the job though.

IMG_20150201_143445114.jpg

A Benson car next:

IMG_20150201_143055462.jpg

The latest novel features the Jensen Interceptor - I know this isn't an FF!

IMG_20150201_143457869.jpg

Finally, a selection of cars from the comic strip - Enjoy!

IMG_20150201_143418417.jpg

IMG_20150201_143526590.jpg

IMG_20150201_143603863.jpg

IMG_20150201_143624277.jpg

IMG_20150201_143636618.jpg

IMG_20150201_144117858.jpg
    Great work SWJ! {[] You've certainly been busy, this batch of models must have cost you a small fortune in cars and donor cases, but just look at the results!

Love the Jensen - is that an Oxford Diecast?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    {[] Brilliant cars. :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Great work SWJ! {[] You've certainly been busy, this batch of models must have cost you a small fortune in cars and donor cases, but just look at the results!

Love the Jensen - is that an Oxford Diecast?

Hello

Yes it is the Oxford diecast.

I dare not add up how much! But to be honest I only buy when I get a good bargain. If on ebay I set my highest bid and stick to it. The highest I've ever paid for a vehicle is £25. Usually I've managed to stay well below the £20 mark. but it all adds up!

But wandering around various shops usually turns up a bargain and I spend a lot of time in the Czech Republic and every so often I come across some very cheap models.

The donor cases - actually I've not found that much of a problem. About 18 months ago I got 15 cases for 30 quid (incl P&P). One had a crack in the case - but what the hell. I ended up with about 4 bronze Esprits and 3 DB5s (one of which got burnt out and placed outside Skyfall :))
  • 75vette75vette South Outer BanksPosts: 82MI6 Agent
    These are amazing, SWJ...fantastic work! Would love to see some "in progress" shots, too, as I'm a customizer of Hot Wheels and Matchbox diecast. Do you only repaint or do you do other custom modifications as well (wheel changes, body mods, etc.)? Also, would love to know how you're making the terrain in the cases...plaster? Keep up the fine work!
    75vette wrote:
    These are amazing, SWJ...fantastic work! Would love to see some "in progress" shots, too, as I'm a customizer of Hot Wheels and Matchbox diecast. Do you only repaint or do you do other custom modifications as well (wheel changes, body mods, etc.)? Also, would love to know how you're making the terrain in the cases...plaster? Keep up the fine work!

On the whole, the models are pretty much as they come out of the box. Occasionally some re-painting is required. The de-gadgeted Bond vehicles such as the Vanquish, the AM V8 Vantage and the Jag XKR have required more work.

As regards the dioramas – on the whole I hardly touch them other than some re-painting. You tend to find that by simply changing the backdrop and turning the base around, you create something that looks ‘different’. Some bases are re-painted wholesale. Taking the snow covered base of the FYEO Esprit turbo and repainting it to look like a country lane gives you something very new. The OHMSS DBS and YOLT Toyota 2000 bases are fairly straight forward as well. Again a drop of paint and the removal of some of the scene decoration gives a new look. Any holes can be filled by modelling cement or even a bit of painted blu-tack!

But the one I did like particularly was the repainted underwater scene from TSWLM which I repainted as a countryside scene and placed a smashed up Bentley on it (from the CR novel)! I also created my own Iceberg from AVTAK made out of polystyrene and filler which looks quite good.

You are all very kind but I’m really not a modeller compared to some on here – I bash these out for my own pleasure. If I’m honest the photos make them look far better than they probably are in real life.
  • 75vette75vette South Outer BanksPosts: 82MI6 Agent
    Thank you for the info...fascinating, indeed! I remember the iceberg from AVTAK...very cool (no pun intended :) Will have to go back and look for the underwater scene. Anyway, looking forward to your new creations!
  • 006006 Posts: 258MI6 Agent
    Hey all,

Just saw this on the 007.com store - a little bit more exclusive only 100 available

http://www.shop.007.com/aston-martin-db5-hot-wheels-comic-con-exclusive
    For England James?

Instagram: instagram.com/tie_another_day
  • TwizzleTwizzle North LondonPosts: 34MI6 Agent
    006 wrote:
    Hey all,

Just saw this on the 007.com store - a little bit more exclusive only 100 available

http://www.shop.007.com/aston-martin-db5-hot-wheels-comic-con-exclusive

Thanks 006 for the "Heads Up", just ordered one.
    Twizzle
  • DDenisDDenis Posts: 166MI6 Agent
    hello to all
    Very goog work SWJ !!! You are really the biggest code3 maker :))
    I didn' find on @ the 'comic trip' page about James Bond.
    If you have time, it would be great to scan the page where the car is used ..!
    Thanks & waiting for new models !
    Cheers
    Hi
    Not really enough time... but still have new ideas to continue....
    Hope you like it and nice to see that this web site is 'alive' and moving...
    Cheers to all.

174_CODE_3_DD_THE_LIVING_DAYLIGHTS_HARRIER_0.jpg

174_CODE_3_DD_THE_LIVING_DAYLIGHTS_HARRIER_1.jpg
    DDenis wrote:
    Hi
    Not really enough time... but still have new ideas to continue....
    Hope you like it and nice to see that this web site is 'alive' and moving...
    Cheers to all.

174_CODE_3_DD_THE_LIVING_DAYLIGHTS_HARRIER_0.jpg

174_CODE_3_DD_THE_LIVING_DAYLIGHTS_HARRIER_1.jpg

Great stuff! {[] Not only is The Living Daylights one of my favourite Bond movies, but the Harrier is one of my favourite aircraft too!
    RW requested some comparison pics of the new Corgi DB5 alongside the mid 90s release.

Having found my older DB5 model (no. 04201 with Oddjob figure) I've taken a few photos and the comparisons are quite interesting when you look closely. The earlier release is in gold, the new release is in silver - spot the differences!! :)

Double click the thumbnails for full size images:

001a.jpg

002a.jpg

003a.jpg

004a.jpg

006a.jpg

007a.jpg

Note the definition of the door outlines, headlights, wheel arches, bonnet/hood outline (plus bulge) and the line of the rear bumper in particular.
    Thank you for the photos, MCF, very interesting to see the differences. And now, how about a comparison picture of the two gold colours together? ;)

Corgi has done a nice job with the new mould, the details are very crisp in comparison to the older one and the grille is fitting much better.
    Two differences I want to add are the correct taillight order (orange-red-white) on the new one, and the gold 1997 release has a wrong number plate, BHT instead of BMT 216A. That's a particularly strange error as the 1995 releases have correct plates, and all they would have to do was reprint the same plates in 1997. 8-) But I hadn't noticed this one until today. :)
    Thank you for the photos, MCF, very interesting to see the differences. And now, how about a comparison picture of the two gold colours together? ;)

You're welcome! Unfortunately the new DB5s are sealed in their inner display packs with dreaded sellotape, and while the gold version is worth so much (apparently) I don't want to disturb the packaging. As a collector I've never known what to do for the best when it comes to sellotape. If you remove it, it can detract from the 'mint' value of the model but if you leave it, it will eventually go brown, stain the packaging and fall off anyway! :s
    Corgi has done a nice job with the new mould, the details are very crisp in comparison to the older one and the grille is fitting much better.
    Two differences I want to add are the correct taillight order (orange-red-white) on the new one, and the gold 1997 release has a wrong number plate, BHT instead of BMT 216A. That's a particularly strange error as the 1995 releases have correct plates, and all they would have to do was reprint the same plates in 1997. 8-) But I hadn't noticed this one until today. :)

I admit I hadn't noticed those two points at all, even though they are really obvious when you look at the photos - !
    DDenis wrote:
    hello to all
    Cheers

Sorry DDenis not sure exactly what you are wanting a scan of? Which car in particular?
    SWJ wrote:
    DDenis wrote:
    hello to all
    Cheers

Sorry DDenis not sure exactly what you are wanting a scan of? Which car in particular?

I think DD's request was for scans of James Bond comic strip pages where some of these cars make an appearance. Apologies if I've got that wrong DD, but it would be a great idea anyway, so would quoting any passages in 'unfilmed' James Bond books where less well known cars are featured. The mysterious Bond SAAB comes to mind!

When I was a kid, I used to read the James Bond comic strip in my gran's daily paper (The Express??) but I don't have copies of the collected strips, or any of the unfilmed novels. Perhaps other people here can post some examples of illustrations and text or links to them.
    Here's a comic strip example found online - the car looks like an AC to me........

james_bond_colonel_sun_Yaroslav_Horak.jpg

AC_428_Frua_Convertible.jpg
  • BleuvilleBleuville Posts: 384MI6 Agent
    SWJ wrote:
    DDenis wrote:
    hello to all
    Cheers

I think DD's request was for scans of James Bond comic strip pages where some of these cars make an appearance. Apologies if I've got that wrong DD, but it would be a great idea anyway, so would quoting any passages in 'unfilmed' James Bond books where less well known cars are featured. The mysterious Bond SAAB comes to mind!

When I was a kid, I used to read the James Bond comic strip in my gran's daily paper (The Express??) but I don't have copies of the collected strips, or any of the unfilmed novels. Perhaps other people here can post some examples of illustrations and text or links to them.

Yes originally in the Daily Express. All the stories were reprinted in large paperback form by Titan Books in the UK in the last decade. May still be in sci-fi shops like Forbidden Planet. Had about 3 stories to a compilation book, and several books.
    they made A4 size books then more compact compliations recently.
    Bleuville.
  • BleuvilleBleuville Posts: 384MI6 Agent
    Bleuville wrote:
    SWJ wrote:

Yes originally in the Daily Express. All the stories were reprinted in large paperback form by Titan Books in the UK in the last decade. May still be in sci-fi shops like Forbidden Planet. Had about 3 stories to a compilation book, and several books.
    they made A4 size books then more compact compliations recently.
    Bleuville.

Later on 2009 to 2012 they did James Bond Omnibus books with Volume 001 featuring 11 stories from CR to TBall. Vol.002 has 7 stories from OHMSS to TSWLMe.
    Vol. 3 has 7 continuation stories inc. Colonel Sun and Vol. 4 has 9 continuation stories.(made up by Jim Lawrence.) They were £14.99 each. See the Titan site.

http://titanbooks.com/the-james-bond-omnibus-vol-001-4361/

Bleuville.
    Hello to all,
    and thanks to SWJ , MovieCarFan & Bleuville : this scan is exactly what I was looking for. :D
    I think we never had this type of comics in France... so I think I will buy this book !!
    So SWJ, if you can find each page corresponding to your models, it would be great ! But I have sort of the same problem than you have : space, relation in the family & ..money also :)) :)) :))
    But I continue to search for 'cheap' model appearing in movies.
    Waiting for all new 3 codes models.
    Cheers.
    Bleuville - thanks very much for the info {[] Like DD, I think I will get myself a copy of one of these books too. There seems to be loads to choose from on Amazon so I thought I'd 'dip my toe in the water' and go for Volume 004, it seems to be quite close to the time I used to read the strip in The Daily Express as a kid. Hopefully it'll bring back a few memories!

Here's another few frames found online (bad quality unfortunately) - looks like an AC 428 again -

bond2a.jpg
    Here's a comic strip example found online - the car looks like an AC to me........

james_bond_colonel_sun_Yaroslav_Horak.jpg

AC_428_Frua_Convertible.jpg

Yes the AC Frua 428. (If you've got £45-50 to spare for a 1/43! ) Bond drives this car in 3-4 comic strip adventures and then a Lotus Eclat on a couple of occasions and an XJ-S.
    DDenis wrote:
    Hello to all,
    and thanks to SWJ , MovieCarFan & Bleuville : this scan is exactly what I was looking for. :D
    I think we never had this type of comics in France... so I think I will buy this book !!
    So SWJ, if you can find each page corresponding to your models, it would be great ! But I have sort of the same problem than you have : space, relation in the family & ..money also :)) :)) :))
    But I continue to search for 'cheap' model appearing in movies.
    Waiting for all new 3 codes models.
    Cheers.

I'll see what I can do. I may try and post some pitures of cars that I just can't identify - someone here may know what they are.
    SWJ wrote:
    DDenis wrote:
    hello to all
    Cheers

Ask and ye shall receive............ Sorry the formatting has gone to wonky!

The cars from the novels:

Triumph TR3 “Goldfinger” Country road
    Subaru Impreza WRX STI “Carte Blanche” Countryside
    Cord 812 “Live and Let Die” Quayside
    Jaguar XK140 “Diamonds are Forever” Desert road
    Alfa Romeo 8C “Moonraker“ Country road
    Mercedes-Benz 300S “Moonraker“ Country road
    ZIS 110 “From Russia With Love” Airfield
    Lancia Flaminia Zagato Spyder “Risico” Docks
    Bentley 4½ Litre “Casino Royale” French country road
    Simca Aronde “On Her Majesty’s Secret Service” French road
    Ford Zephyr “Colonel Sun” London road
    Hillman Minx “Doctor No” Harbour
    Austin A30 “Doctor No” Jamaican road
    Shelby American Mustang GT350 “For Special Services” Texan desert
    Lancia Stratos HF “Role of Honour” Bridge
    MG A “Quantum of Solace” Jamaican road
    Ford Cortina “No Deals, Mr Bond” Irish road
    Rover 3500 “Scorpius” Town centre
    Jaguar XK8 “The Facts of Death” Cliff top road
    MG TC “The Spy Who Loved Me” Town street
    BMW M1 “Licence Renewed” Scottish road
    Ferrari F355 Berlinetta “GoldenEye” Cliff chase with DB5
    Austin 12/4 Low Loader Taxi “Thunderball” Outside hotel
    Moskvitch 2140 “GoldenEye” St.Petersburg street
    Lotus Esprit “James Bond, The Spy Who Loved Me” Underwater
    Toyota Crown taxi “Zero Minus Ten” Honk Kong road
    Ferarri 550 “Tomorrow Never Dies” Car park
    Ferrari Dino “James Bond and Moonraker” Rio road
    GAZ-21 Volga “Devil May Care” Russian road
    Toyota Celsior “The Man with the Red Tattoo” Tokyo street
    Bentley Continental GT “Carte Blanche” Car park
    Jensen Interceptor “Solo” Country road
    Saab 9000 “The Man from Barbarossa” Country road
    Rolls Royce Silver Ghost “Goldfinger” Swiss road
    Citroen Traction Avant “Casino Royale” 1953 Black - outside casino
    Buick Roadmaster or Super “Live and Let Die” 1954 ’49 - ’53 saloon US road
    Sunbeam-Talbot 90 “Live and Let Die” 1954 Coupe/convertible expensive Jamaican road
    Bentley MkVI “Moonraker“ 1955 Grey open top tourer English country road
    Oldsmobile 88 or 98 “Diamonds are Forever” 1956 Black 4dr US road
    Studebaker “Studillac” “Diamonds are Forever” 1956 Black convertible 1953 - 1956 desert road
    Armstrong Siddeley Sapphire “Diamonds are Forever” 1956 Black 4dr English city road
    Chevrolet Taxi “Diamonds are Forever” 1956 Bel Air / 150 / 210 US road
    Pontiac Chieftain “Diamonds are Forever” 1956 Maroon
    Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost “From Russia With Love “ 1957 black coupe- de-ville 1920’s Istanbul road
    Morris Oxford “From Russia With Love” 1957 Any colour saloon, old
    Sunbeam Alpine “Doctor No” 1958 Black Mk I or III Jamaican road
    Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith “Doctor No” 1958 Black London road - M’s car
    Aston Martin DB MkIII “Goldfinger” 1959 Grey
    Chrysler Imperial “Goldfinger” 1959 Miami
    Buick saloon “Goldfinger” 1959
    Ford Popular “Goldfinger” 1959 sky blue Reasonable
    Peugeot 403 “From a View to a Kill“ 1960 black
    Ford Consul “For Your Eyes Only” 1960 black
    Plymouth saloon “For Your Eyes Only” 1960 Canadian road
    Ford Consul “Thunderball” 1961 black
    Humber Snipe “Thunderball” 1961 Super Snipe?
    Land Rover Series II “Thunderball” 1961
    Ford Thunderbird “The Spy Who Loved Me” 1962 Dark grey - MkII
    Lancia Flaminia Zagato Spyder“On Her Majesty’s Secret Service” 1963 white
    Mercedes-Benz 300SE “On Her Majesty’s Secret Service” 1963 W112 Saloon - black expensive
    Peugeot 403 “On Her Majesty’s Secret Service” 1963 Grey
    Maserati 5000GT “On Her Majesty’s Secret Service” 1963 Red 8cyl (soft top?) available in blue
    Toyopet “You Only Live Twice” 1964 Toyota Crown or 1500 Corona - smart
    Sunbeam-Talbot 90 “The Man With the Golden Gun” 1965 Coupe/ convertible Jamaican road as LALD
    Ford Thunderbird “The Man With the Golden Gun” 1965 convertible Red Yat Ming
    Opel Kapitän “The Living Daylights” 1962 black
    ZIS “James Bond, The Spy Who Loved Me” 1977 Moscow
    Saab “James Bond, The Spy Who Loved Me” 1977 Old, pre WWII (?)
    Rolls Royce Silver Cloud “James Bond, The Spy Who Loved Me” 1977
    Buick “James Bond, The Spy Who Loved Me” 1977 old, battered
    Fiat (131 Mirafiori?) “James Bond, The Spy Who Loved Me” 1977 Sardinian road
    Land Rover Series III “Licence Renewed” 1981 Scottish countryside
    Saab 900 Turbo “Licence Renewed” 1981 3 door silver hatchback expensive
    Commer Security Van “Licence Renewed” 1981 Dark Blue “Security International”
    Saab 900 Turbo “For Special Services” 1982 3 door hatchback silver expensive
    Ford Mustang GT “For Special Services” 1982 red 1966 texan country road
    BMW 528i “For Special Services” 1982 Black - Texas desert road
    Saab 900 Turbo “Icebreaker” 1983 3 door silver hatchback expensive
    Saab Finlandia “Icebreaker” 1983 Finnish police (but may be unmarked car
    Ferrari “Role of Honour” 1984 308GTB or GTS black
    Bentley Mulsanne Turbo “Role of Honour” 1984 Racing Green - magnolia interior
    Citroen “Role of Honour” 1984 white French road
    Dodge 600ES “Role of Honour” 1984 Blue French hotel
    Jaguar XJ6 “Role of Honour” 1984 Dark blue English road
    Bentley Mulsanne Turbo “Nobody Lives Forever” 1986 Racing Green - magnolia interior
    Alfa Romeo Sprint “Nobody Lives Forever” 1986 White petrol/garage
    Porsche 911 turbo “Nobody Lives Forever” 1986 black motorway series III
    BMW “Nobody Lives Forever” 1986 large white motorway
    BMW 7 series “Nobody Lives Forever” 1986 silver outside hospital
    Saab 900 turbo “Nobody Lives Forever” 1986 hire car Swiss road
    Bentley Mulsanne Turbo “No Deals, Mr Bond” 1987 Racing Green - magnolia interior
    Saab “No Deals, Mr Bond” 1987
    Ford Cortina “No Deals, Mr Bond” 1987 dun colour Irish road
    Volvo “No Deals, Mr Bond” 1987 maroon Irish road
    Audi “No Deals, Mr Bond” 1987 dark blue Irish road
    Rover Vitesse “No Deals, Mr Bond” 1987 black country lane
    Renault “No Deals, Mr Bond” 1987 large Irish road
    Jaguar “No Deals, Mr Bond” 1987 black Irish road
    Bentley Mulsanne Turbo “Scorpius” 1988 Racing Green - magnolia interior
    Saab 900 Turbo “Scorpius” 1988 grey motorway
    BMW 735i “Scorpius” 1988 light colour motorway
    Bedford RL “Scorpius” 1988 4 tonne truck
    Audi “Scorpius” 1988 light blue motorway
    Fiat “Win, Lose or Die” 1989 Italian road
    Lancia Delta(?) “Win, Lose or Die” 1989 Crimson English road
    Bentley “Licence to Kill” 1989 Florida
    Jeep “Licence to Kill” 1989 Airfield
    Rolls-Royce “Licence to Kill” 1989 Isthmus
    Rolls Royce “Brokenclaw” 1990 Dark blue - Silver Spirit?
    Buick “Brokenclaw” 1990 Battered New York
    Chevrolet “Brokenclaw” 1990 old, brown San Francisco
    Range Rover “Brokenclaw” 1990 N America forest
    Isuzu Trooper “Brokenclaw” 1990 N America forest
    Volga “The Man from Barbarossa” 1991 Old Moscow street
    Range Rover “The Man from Barbarossa” 1991 Tel Aviv
    VW “The Man from Barbarossa” 1991 London
    Rover “The Man from Barbarossa” 1991 Big, old
    ZIL “The Man from Barbarossa” 1991 ‘anicient’ Moscow
    Lincoln “The Man from Barbarossa” 1991 black long Moscow
    Opel ”Death is Forever” 1992 airport
    Ferrari ”Death is Forever” 1992 any colour 4 seats - 456M?
    VW Golf ”Death is Forever” 1992 maroon german road
    Mercedes ”Death is Forever” 1992 black
    Honda ”Death is Forever” 1992 four door black Paris
    Toyota Previa ”Death is Forever” 1992 maroon Paris
    Toyota Previa ”Death is Forever” 1992 any colour Italian road
    Lexus “Never Send Flowers” 1993 sleek LS (XF10) german castle
    Range Rover “Never Send Flowers” 1993 german castle
    Mercedes “Never Send Flowers” 1993 german castle black
    BMW “Never Send Flowers” 1993 german road
    Porsche “Never Send Flowers” 1993 white 1990
    VW “Never Send Flowers” 1993 red
    Saab 9000 “Never Send Flowers” 1993 white
    Rover “SeaFire” 1994 800 sleek, black English road
    Saab 9000 “SeaFire” 1994 English road
    VW Corrado “SeaFire” 1994 Beige German road - crashed
    Rolls Royce “SeaFire” 1994 outside hotel
    Mercedes “SeaFire” 1994 black outside german castle
    BMW “SeaFire” 1994 black outside german castle
    Jaguar “SeaFire” 1994 harbour
    BMW “GoldenEye” 1995 Cuban road
    Lexus “COLD” 1996 Washington road/outside hotel
    Ferrari “COLD” 1996 Black, Italian road
    Ford Taurus “COLD” 1996 Washington State
    Rover “COLD” 1996 Old, sleek, black
    Suzuki Vitara “Zero Minus Ten” 1997 red, hardtop, 2dr, Australian outback
    Toyota Camry “Tomorrow Never Dies” 1997 Chinese street
    Honda Civic “The Facts of Death” 1998 Cyprus
    Bentley Turbo R “The Facts of Death” 1998 London Road
    Mitsubishi Diamante “The Facts of Death” 1998 Red, Texab road
    Porsche “The Facts of Death” 1998 Pink, texas house
    Ford F150 pick up “The Facts of Death” 1998 Texas
    Mercedes 240GD “The Facts of Death” 1998 Greek army
    Toyota Camry “The Facts of Death” 1998 white, Athens
    Plymouth 1987 “The Facts of Death” 1998 Athens, green taxi
    Ferrari F355 GTS “The Facts of Death” 1998 Greece
    Ctroen ZX “High Time To Kill” 1999 Red Brussels
    Mercedes 500SEL “High Time To Kill” 1999 Blue Brussels
    Tata Jeep “High Time To Kill” 1999 Nepalese Police
    Land Rover “Doubleshot” 2000 Morocco
    BMW 320i “Doubleshot” 2000 1998 Spain
    Honda Life “The Man with the Red Tattoo” 2002 Tokyo
    Toyota Majesta “The Man with the Red Tattoo” 2002 Black, Tokyo
    Suzuki Wagon-R “The Man with the Red Tattoo” 2002 Japanese street
    Honda Today “The Man with the Red Tattoo” 2002 Japanese street
    Mazda Bongo Freindly “The Man with the Red Tattoo” 2002 Japanese street
    Citroen DS “Devil May Care” 2008 Black, Paris 60’s
    Mercedes 300D Cabriolet “Devil May Care” 2008 Black, burgundy interior, Marseille 60’s
    Mercedes 300D “Devil May Care” 2008 Black 60’s
    Sunbeam Alpine “Devil May Care” 2008 white 60’s
    Audi A8 “Carte Blanche” 2011 black
    Mini Cooper “Carte Blanche” 2011 Black - red roof
    edited February 2015
    Out of interest, I just had a quick search on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEO-45020-AC-428-Frua-Convertible-Baujahr-1967-1973-grun-1-43-/371068624182?pt=Spielzeugautos&hash=item566569dd36

- you're right about the price SWJ, it certainly isn't cheap!

Thanks for posting the huge cars in novels list (flippin' heck! :s ) Are there any that stand out from the others in terms of car chase sequences or extended descriptions?
    Out of interest, I just had a quick search on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEO-45020-AC-428-Frua-Convertible-Baujahr-1967-1973-grun-1-43-/371068624182?pt=Spielzeugautos&hash=item566569dd36

- you're right about the price SWJ, it certainly isn't cheap!

Thanks for posting the huge cars in novels list (flippin' heck! :s ) Are there any that stand out from the others in terms of car chase sequences or extended descriptions?

Blimey - what do you want? Jam on it!?! :))

Well I'm fairly certain of the following, but to be honest there are not that many 'car chases' in the novels. From memory:

Moonraker - their is a race from London to the south coast between Bond (Bentley 41/2 litre) and Drax (Mercedes-Benz 300S) and someone in a Alfa Romeo 8C joins in.

Goldfinger - similar to the film but:
    Aston Martin DB MkIII / Triumph TR3

On Her Majesty's Secret Service - again similar to the film but the action is on a German or Austrian road(?) Maserati 5000GT (Blofeld) Lancia Flaminia (Tracey's car)

James Bond, The Spy Who Loved MeFiat (131 Mirafiori?) and a Red Lotus Esprit

Role of Honour a chase
    Ferrari, Lancia and bond in his new Bentley Mulsanne Turbo

Death is Forever - Bond (Toyota Previa) is followed by a Ferrari

Carte Blanche - Chase? I think?
    Audi A8
    Mini Cooper

With regard to descriptions:
    Fleming: goes into detail on all the cars he uses in the books. Usually a minimum is the colour or style of body That of course is typical of his writing. you could prepare a three course meal on his descriptions of Bonds meals!

Gardner: his first half dozen or novels give fairly good descriptions ala Fleming., but then he loses interest and we just get 'a sleek black Rover' or 'a Ferrari'.

Benson: Marginally similar to some of the earlier Gardner descriptions - but I didn't find his novels particularly memorable - at least not car wise!