James Bond Car Collection - Questions and praise

Comments

• FACTFACT Station ZPosts: 320MI6 Agent
    Just confirming the recent releases in the UK:

N°71 - 23 September 2009 (official release date)
    bond71.jpg

N°72 - 7 October 2009
    bond72.jpg

N°73 - 21 October 2009
    bond73.jpg

73 down, 12 to go...
  • DokkDokk Posts: 382MI6 Agent
    FACT wrote:
    Just confirming the recent releases in the UK:

N°71 - 23 September 2009 (official release date)
    bond71.jpg

N°72 - 7 October 2009
    bond72.jpg

N°73 - 21 October 2009
    bond73.jpg

73 down, 12 to go...

It's been a long & expensive journey, but I think it's been great thanx to sites like this who have helped through the rougher issues as well as the "classic" ones...now what do I do with 88 models?????
  • Aston Martin DBSAston Martin DBS Derbyshire, EnglandPosts: 659MI6 Agent
    Just been going through some old photo's on my PC and thought Id share these couple of photo's I took ages ago with you:
    "NEVER SAY NO TO ADVENTURES." Ian Fleming
  • ak007ak007 LondonPosts: 343MI6 Agent
    Is it just me or is there no photos??? :s
    AllBonds-1.png
    ak007 wrote:
    Is it just me or is there no photos??? :s
    No it's not just you - that's what I'm like first thing on a Sunday morning.

Here are the photo's:

OHMSS Cougar:

4HYqJ.jpg 4IoSi.jpg

LALD Pimpmobile':

4JbL9.jpg

Octopussy Mercedes:

4M4QA.jpg

So as you can see nothing new but I thought I'd share. Hope that you liked 'em.
  • DokkDokk Posts: 382MI6 Agent
    The "Pimp-Mobile " looks brill..thanx for sharing -{ :007)
    I never really liked the pimp-mobile but that pic does show it in a different light. lol the eyes on tracy in your OHMSS Cougar make her look crazy.
    AllBonds-1.png
    2 new absolutely amazing looking models
    DSC08192.jpg

DSC08193.jpg

DSC08194.jpg

DSC08195.jpg

DSC08196.jpg

DSC08197.jpg

The falcon is all I was hoping it would be. Lets just hope that the post don’t go on strike again.
    AllBonds-1.png
    A while back my subscription lapsed when I had a new bank card issued and I was running out of space to keep 'em... now I've viewed the LALD taxi and the wonderful display The Falcon model is part of - I'm going to have to sign up again!
  • bill1968bill1968 hollandPosts: 30MI6 Agent
    edited November 2009
    those 2 models are absolutly great they are a fantastic ad to the collection. I wil have to wait do cose i have 42 so far 43 comes next wednesday. Iguess before i have all 85 it`s coiing tobe 2011 but money wise it`s good i spend euro 537.58 sofare on it
  • BleuvilleBleuville Posts: 384MI6 Agent
    I thought car 74 -Campbell's VW Beetle had good details like his figure inside
    and the skis on the back and the signposts in the snow.
    Next will be Jaws' black Ford Taunus-they were even plugging their products back then!

I suppose the remaining cars are distinctive but ugly mostly.
    The Checker Taxi and GAZ Volga.

So how many DB5s, white Lotus Esprits and Aston V8s in the collection?
    Probably 3 of each.
    I have stored 24 to a plastic crate and now have 3 cratefuls.

Bleuville. "We'll head them off at the precipice". OHMSS.
  • MovieCarFanMovieCarFan Posts: 973MI6 Agent
    edited November 2009
    The new Merc 220S from OHMSS..........yet more skis......

1o3icA.jpg

1H6Ct0.jpg

P_bN0.jpg
    Not much of an old merc fan but once again looking good
    AllBonds-1.png
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,276MI6 Agent
    Er, we do know we don't have to 'sign up', you can order individual back issues through the website and cherry pick your faves. Certainly if you live in the UK.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    My issues 64 and 65 came today, unfortunately the jaws is no larger than the standard size figure as suspected, but on the other hand the Cortina is very well produced, equally so with the beadle. Issue 76 is confirmed as the ford ranchero and I am guessing the NYC taxi will be 77.
    AllBonds-1.png
  • FACTFACT Station ZPosts: 320MI6 Agent
    Looks like GE Fabbri are going to spring the Range Rover Sport from QoS on us as a late surprise:

DSC08215-1.jpg

A possible #79 in the series, if the OHMSS Mercedes has moved up a slot to #78. The question is, has the Ford Edge been dropped or delayed?
    I hope (for my wallet's and wall-spaces sake) this isn’t a sign that its been extended again. Fingers crossed is it just instead if the edge, never real liked it much any way. Having said that it would have been kind of poetic for the last car in the collection to be the last car we see 007 in. Once again a QoS car with no figures. Its a shame that they didn’t have the boot open with Mathis but they clearly don’t have a license for figures for CR-QoS, it’s a shame really.
    AllBonds-1.png
    Sorry ak007 i disagree i hope they will extent. By my calculations i should have space for about 140 models minimum. So i stil can place about 90/100. Igot nr 44 last wed en 45/46 are do in dec 46 just before cristmas . And 1 got 1 every 2 weeks so money wise it´s over see able. I mean 13 euro for 1 model every 2 weeks that´s something i can get together. About that ford edge i agree i ám not a fan of that 1 my self but i hope it still come´s. And if they do decide to extent Rolls Royce there isn´t a single one yet in de serie´s of models.
    Gaz Volga from Goldeneye on eBay today......

fyYFJ.jpg
    fzQxS.jpg
    sure is a strange looking car.
    the ones im most looking forward to are;
    Ford Ranchero Goldfinger
    Checker Marathon Live And Let Die
    Aston Martin V8 Vantage The Living Daylights
    Range Rover with Horse Box Octopussy
    Ford Bronco Quantum of Solace
    Ford Country Squire Goldfinger
    AllBonds-1.png
  • Mark HazardMark Hazard West Midlands, UKPosts: 495MI6 Agent
    ak007 wrote:
    sure is a strange looking car.
    the ones im most looking forward to are;
    Ford Ranchero Goldfinger
    Checker Marathon Live And Let Die
    Aston Martin V8 Vantage The Living Daylights
    Range Rover with Horse Box Octopussy
    Ford Bronco Quantum of Solace
    Ford Country Squire Goldfinger

Not sure about the others, but the Ranchero is out now (no. 76) and the Vantage was done some time ago.
    Yes but subscribers’ wont get the Ranchero for another 3 weeks (which is why I am looking forward to it). And as far as I am aware the V8 vantage hasn’t yet been done as a standard road going car (which is why I am looking forward to it). :p
    AllBonds-1.png
    I think the next Vantage is supposed to look like this, to key in with the lasered Lada..........

hQuCA.jpg
    Nice i like it. What nr did they put on it. I still hope they will extent. As i sad before. I think i have room for about 140 minimum so let´s go. I did just got nr 45 last wed from the bookstore in my hometown here in Holland. We will see what sort of surprises they got in store for us
    DSC08220-1.jpg

DSC08221-1.jpg

DSC08222-1.jpg

DSC08223.jpg
    AllBonds-1.png
  • DOUBLE-00DOUBLE-00 ESSEX, ENGLANDPosts: 165MI6 Agent
    If the buggy is driving this way, shouldn`t Countess Lisl be lying dead in the sand !
  • MiG29 FulcrumMiG29 Fulcrum Lancashire, UKPosts: 37MI6 Agent
    Hi everyone. This is my first post only to say that I have read on another website (that has now closed down unfortunately), that the car collection was going up to at least 100 models which could also include a model of the Q-Boat. Has anyone else heard this or is it just a nasty rumour to upset us collectors??? I have also heard that they won't be adding a model of "Goldfinger's Rolls Royce Phantom III" because they couldn't get a license from Rolls Royce to go ahead and make one! Personally, I cannot say that the collection will be complete without a model of one of the main vehicles from the film Goldfinger! Can anyone shed any light on these subjects please?

:(
    Without wanting to sound sarcastic read pages 1 - 56 for the full answer.
    Seriously though, basically we don’t really know, there is so little information from GE Fabbri. As far as the people on the call centre are concerned there will be 85 all in all, but god knows if there right or not. They seem to have even less info than we do.
    Not so long ago a list of models up the 85 was leaked from the website of the Netherlands version of collection, but new issues on eBay contradict that.
    I love this collection and I eagerly await new issues and new picture from eBay of up coming models, but I wish they would just make a list of model publish them to us then stick to it (ideally 100 issues or less).
    AllBonds-1.png
  • MiG29 FulcrumMiG29 Fulcrum Lancashire, UKPosts: 37MI6 Agent
    Many thanks for the info ak007. I couldn't agree more regarding this set of models. I have been collecting these since the start of the series and each and every model is just so accurate. As you quite rightly say, 100 models would be a nice round figure for this set and I am with you 100% when you say that they could do to give us a full list of the remaining models and STICK to it...
    May they cary on & on & on.

:)