What's your ride ?

ClassicClassic Posts: 51MI6 Agent
edited April 2007 in Off Topic Chat
I had a glance on the fifty first pages and it doesn't seem that this subject was already discussed.
James drives the most beautiful cars… except the 2CV...:))
And you , what's your ride ?

Mine : 800pxcitroensaxosilverlhm1.th.jpg

Comments

• Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    Mine is the Jaguar XK, lovely car!!
  • ClassicClassic Posts: 51MI6 Agent
    Why i can't believe you ? :(|)
  • La CuranderaLa Curandera Posts: 52MI6 Agent
    1997 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2-Door... Mine has a few more "extras" than the picture provided.
    97cherokee_se.jpg
    edited April 2007
    Classic wrote:
    Why i can't believe you ?

Because I have good taste perhaps!? :D
  • ilove pierceilove pierce Posts: 224MI6 Agent
    2000 F-250 Ext cab, Long box.
    My beloved truck.
    edited April 2007
    Classic wrote:
    Why i can't believe you ?

Because I have good taste perhaps!? :D

Why not prove it by adding a photograph which did not come from a catalogue ?:(|):(|)
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,722MI6 Agent
    At the moment I've got an Alfa 147 (red with big alloys, natch!), but I want a sportscar- is an MGTF too girly?
    edited April 2007
    AAhh Alfa 147 ! If i could have one...Great engine !{[]
    About MG, i must admit that i prefer the classic one
    simmonstf150087f7bdwl9.th.jpg

-{
    Well Classic, this should put you out your misery.

2007_Jaguar_XK_coupe.jpg
    Well Classic, this should put you out your misery.

I think you've missed the 'not from a catalogue' element to Classic's post! :D
    Classic wrote:
    AAhh Alfa 147 ! If i could have one...Great engine !

Yes; it's nice, although not as fast as my old Saab Turbos: the two litre really needs revving and never really kicks you hard. But the interior really is a fantastic place to be; that'd be the biggest sacrifice if I got rid of it!
    Classic doesn't mention this in his original post about not from catalogue.
    edited April 2007
    Why are you so arrogant ?
    Poor lad.8-)
    Classic wrote:
    Titty Master Son 000 : You haven't your license to drive ? You can't buy a car ? You are some kind of frustrated ?
    You are a kid who has teeth problems ? A man who takes a name user of a girl it's revealing of a problem.
    Why are you so arrogant ?
    Poor lad.8-)

Please do not revert to this.
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    edited April 2007
    If you read back, Classic DID ask for a picture that wasn't out of a catalogue (i.e. your car), and that one clearly was. People are finding it difficult to believe that is your car, probably from the general level of contribution you make on here and the assumption about your age being closer to the teenage bracket.

Anyways, it's boring and mindless, so let's move along and others can talk about their own very real cars.
    unitedkingdom.png
  • General_OurumovGeneral_Ourumov United KingdomPosts: 861MI6 Agent
    While I currently drive one of these;
    ...and a most pleasant car it is...  My father does own a Jaguar XJ6 much like this one;...and I hope to drive it myself one day!
    Ooh- that's a lovely Jag. That's the one they used as inspiration for the new XF; they have the same front grille.
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    (Except with a tinge of green)  Cracking car.  Despite being 3 years old, it's done over 66k miles and is still as fresh as a daisy.  Endlessly fun to drive on the twisty Ayrshire roads, and it's never, ever let me down.  By far and away the best thing I've owned.  However, with upcoming new mortgage, new job and the end of a 60 mile return trip to work, once I've figured out how the financial land lies I'll be looking to love it and leave it.  Contenders at the moment are the new model (though not in bright orange; I'm heartened that it does come in other hues), Mini Cooper S and Honda Civic Type-R (though I'm rapdily going off that the more I see it).  I was considering going a bit more austere and going for a Saab 93 Turbo, but I'm out to avoid giving any more money to Greedy Gordon, so I might even downsize yet again and sod him!  And if I were to downsize (my need for a car may become rather minimal soon, and only at weekends) I'm not ashamed to admit the Suzuki Swift Sport is a bundle of fun.
    unitedkingdom.png
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    this is my current ride. A 2005 Honda Civic LX. I just had the rims put on last month.

2005226028236371995_th.jpg

2005241716992309479_th.jpg
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
    edited April 2007
    "May i remind you that you have the license to kill. Not to break the traffic laws"...{[]
    Superb !-{

This french TV commercial is a great success here.
    Do you know it?
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfi7z_citroen-c5-sean-connery
  • DEFIANT 74205DEFIANT 74205 Perth, AustraliaPosts: 1,881MI6 Agent
    edited April 2007
    x1paQ--t5wXdxTV0Aox5frN3ZChSzJkaStdsWmz_DwCen-UohSg1iDdafOEy8DkzYQUReqALnNcjSDm01efACxDFk1UKfBQliA-0cow6ZK7e1k

It's a 2005 Ford Fairmont, 4.0 litre in-line six with four speed sequential auto. Also has lots of bells and whistles like traction control, power windows/mirrors/steering, dual zone climate control, four airbags, six-disc in-dash CD player, etc ... I could go on and on!
    "Watch the birdie, you bastard!"
    Also has lots of bells and whistles like traction control, power windows/mirrors/steering, dual zone climate control, four airbags, six-disc in-dash CD player, etc ... I could go on and on!

Yeah my little Alfa's got all that (although I swapped the CD changer for an iPod link- the dash cupholder doubles up as a podholder very well! I do love the dual-zone, though) but one of the odd gadgets it has is something additional to the traction control: it's a kind of braking control that, when the car decides you're going too fast for the corner, actually applies the brakes- and really hard too! It's terrifying when it does it the first time! :)
    Speaking of gadgets, my boss tried to impress me with the fact that his new Aston Martin Vantage has heated seats! He actually seemed disappointed that my car had them too!

To be honest, as a luxury car, it's a bit skimpy on the luxuries: inbuilt satnav is the only thing you can impress people with. It's lovely, but I'd want a few more buttons...
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    I drive a silver 2005 Audi A4. Absolutely love it.

My better half totes the kids and the dog around in a black 2007 Acura MDX. Just got it, so I can't really say if I love it yet, but early returns are promising.
    Hilly...you old devil!
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,602Chief of Staff
    edited April 2007
    This is my current car, just got it a couple of weeks ago and I love it !

http://www.audi.co.uk/audi/partner_uk/uk_613/new_cars/a3/a3_offers_new/a3_offer_1.html

Mine's in black though - and I didn't pay anywhere near the asking price ;)
    YNWA 97
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    After years of going between VW Golf's and Polo's I decided to go for something completely different and bought a ... SEAT :))

I went for the FR. I love it. My only gripe is that it has the biggest rear view mirror in the world which seems to take up half the windscreen. However, I'm learning to live it .

Mine is in black.

seat_Leon-FR_0010.jpg
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    After a gentleman cut across the median in '05, causing me to lock up the brakes, subsequently plowing into him and demolishing my '94 Toyota Pickup, (which had 120,000 miles), I am now the owner of an '06 Saturn Ion Sedan. This is a picture of the current model, virtually identical.

Photo.ashx?NewCarModelId=739
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    edited April 2007
    2000 Toyota Celica...although admittedly it has now become more my wife's car than mine.

I love this car, and I'm surprised that Toyota has stopped making this particular model so soon. BTW, it's not a photo of my actual car, just one that was on the web which was identical to mine.

glamour.jpg
  • MoniqueMonique USAPosts: 696MI6 Agent
    I had started a thread about wanting to get a Mini Cooper a few years ago, asking if anyone had one and if they liked it. I eventually did get my Mini, and it's the best car I've ever had! I truly love mine. Same color as this one:

ThumbNail.jpg
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    edited April 2007
    as Im a poor child and have not got my own car yet, I drive either mom's silver subaru legacy (hate) or dad's sandy-colored toyota tacoma truck (hate). I'm not a fan of manual transmition at the moment, and both their cars are manual. I need my own car...:'(

~Pen -{

PS. my dream car is a black BMW Z3, like the one in GE. yes, I know I have to start lovinging manual to drive it...:p
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com