1272829303133»

Comments

• stumac7stumac7 ScotlandPosts: 295MI6 Agent
    Dan Same wrote:
    some of the gadgets (such as the ejector seat) were pretty good. :D
    Ejector seat you must be joking.

I never joke about my work 007
  • Kirk James KirkKirk James Kirk Posts: 190MI6 Agent
    Should a new game commence, I suggest a thorough ammendment of the rules. Many were confused and irritated by the shady dealings of the last game, which resulted from the single save rule. Therefore the person that had the first opportunity to vote had more power than the rest. Like I suggested earlier, we should end the multiple voting over two days for the same person or thing, as that created the head scratching end result of Max Zorin in the top 5. We should aim at trying to find a consensus of opinion and not just one (or two) person dominating the end results.
  • GeorgiboyGeorgiboy Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    edited July 2007
    Should a new game commence, I suggest a thorough ammendment of the rules. Many were confused and irritated by the shady dealings of the last game, which resulted from the single save rule. Therefore the person that had the first opportunity to vote had more power than the rest. Like I suggested earlier, we should end the multiple voting over two days for the same person or thing, as that created the head scratching end result of Max Zorin in the top 5. We should aim at trying to find a consensus of opinion and not just one (or two) person dominating the end results.

I couldn't agree more. {[]
  • Kirk James KirkKirk James Kirk Posts: 190MI6 Agent
    We should aim at trying to find a consensus of opinion and not just one (or two) person dominating the end results.

That is unless I was the one person manipulating the results, which I would be fully in favor of. Oh, I guess Dan Same too. With the embarrassing exception of his love for Xenia Onatopp, he has pretty good taste.
  • LazenbyLazenby The upper reaches of the AmazoPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    Should a new game commence, I suggest a thorough ammendment of the rules.

I respectfully submit that if a new game takes place that it follow the same format that we used for the earlier game played with the films-- it seemed to me to be a lot more straight forward with respect to the rules and its results seemed a lot more in tune with the opinions of the majority (as opposed to the fringe).
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    As twice, I've tried to create games, and other people have done them before I could (which is grat because they were really fun). I'd like to take suggestions for the next game, PM them to me, and since it's a little while until we do another I'll have that much more time to decide! Thanks! :D
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited July 2007
    Lazenby wrote:
    I respectfully submit that if a new game takes place that it follow the same format that we used for the earlier game played with the films-- it seemed to me to be a lot more straight forward with respect to the rules and its results seemed a lot more in tune with the opinions of the majority (as opposed to the fringe).
    I don't agree. The earlier format annoyed me as often people would just cancel each other out. If we are worried about a minority dominating, then we can make rules to prevent that happening.
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • LazenbyLazenby The upper reaches of the AmazoPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    Dan Same wrote:
    The earlier format annoyed me as often people would just cancel each other out.

That annoyed me too, but I was a lot more annoyed seeing Zorin, Xenia and Jaws in the top 10...
    Lazenby wrote:
    That annoyed me too, but I was a lot more annoyed seeing Zorin, Xenia and Jaws in the top 10...
    I agree with you about Zorin. ;)
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
    That is unless I was the one person manipulating the results, which I would be fully in favor of. Oh, I guess Dan Same too. With the embarrassing exception of his love for Xenia Onatopp, he has pretty good taste.
    :)) Thanks. :)
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    The + and - games drive me mad. No offence to whoever made them. They just take far too long, and as Dan Same said, everyone ends up cancelling other's votes out. A week could pass with no difference made in a game like that.

That classic films game, if that carried on, to find a winner of the final 2, I'd be willing to bet that it would have still not ended.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • youknowmynameyouknowmyname Gainesville, FL, USAPosts: 703MI6 Agent
    No +/- game if we can avoid it. Who will admin. the next game? I think a slight tinkering of the rules from this last game will be sufficient, probably working in the area where the minority can dominate. Whose willing to take up the helm?
    "We have all the time in the world..."
    Oh, and my vote is for a Bond girl game. For a base list include at least the main girl from each movie, then throw in a few of the more popular secondary ones (both good and bad girls of course).
    No +/- game if we can avoid it. Who will admin. the next game? I think a slight tinkering of the rules from this last game will be sufficient, probably working in the area where the minority can dominate. Whose willing to take up the helm?

JennyFlexFan has already called the next game.
    Georgiboy wrote:

Has JennyFlexFan already put out any details on the next game?
    Georgiboy wrote:

Has JennyFlexFan already put out any details on the next game?

No, we're taking a break from elimination games for a while. Too time consuming.
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    I haven't yet, but when we take a break and start one, I am hosting it!
    I haven't yet, but when we take a break and start one, I am hosting it!

I'll be happy as long as it ISN'T on cars or gadgets - the 2 things in Bond that I'm just not bothered about...
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

• Krassno GranitskiKrassno Granitski USAPosts: 896MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:
    I'll be happy as long as it ISN'T on cars or gadgets - the 2 things in Bond that I'm just not bothered about...
    Gadgets sure bother me.
    Gadgets are ok but I'm just not a fan of them.

Cars however bore the crap out of me.

edited August 2007
    I'm fine with gadgets, but not cars. They just don't interest me enough.